• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So really, I wont going back and to spend any more effort for Germany's sake...it really doesen't pay back to me other than stamp me with baseless backstabber label and curses and bad spirit.

Yeah. "Baseless". Whatever makes you sleep well at night I presume. :rofl:
in PMs said:
Foelsgaard said:
In any case we need to stand united. If we let ourselves be divided, Bad Things (tm) will happen, as we've seen.

Gollevainen said:
don't worry we wont be backing down from this, we don't have the luxury for it.

Peace offer

I notice that this offer is pretty much as bad or worse than the one China got after being in a position to be annexed and complaining for an hour.

I notice that this offer is pretty much as bad or worse than the one China got after being in a position to be annexed and complaining for an hour.

Well, you cant whine like Sid does.

On the other hand, I find it hard to belive that anyone in their right mind would seriously consider long lasting peace, or fear a world war at this point.

This is the endgame phase, and any alliance if only there for "wait till we finish the others of so I cna backstab you later" means. One of these alliances/players will have to win, and this cna only be achieved by curbstomping the others into utter submission. China may not have been annexed when the time was right, but if status quo should happen in Asia, it will be annexed, if not within two-three session, then when A-bombs fly.

Well, you cant whine like Sid does.

On the other hand, I find it hard to belive that anyone in their right mind would seriously consider long lasting peace, or fear a world war at this point.

This is the endgame phase, and any alliance if only there for "wait till we finish the others of so I cna backstab you later" means. One of these alliances/players will have to win, and this cna only be achieved by curbstomping the others into utter submission. China may not have been annexed when the time was right, but if status quo should happen in Asia, it will be annexed, if not within two-three session, then when A-bombs fly.
China better hope that Malaysia and Japan move all their troops to invade the Americas in the next session, then he can make one last try to restore himself to world power... I'm sure the Americans and Europeans would love to see China driving his Eastasian masters out at this point. :D

Not to mention Indonesia's and Japan's general dislike of China, the issues regarding the various deals made or the fact that both the Indonesian player and the Chinese player were both part of the GG and were at each others throats then.

Then again you aren't reduced to a boot licking slave either. Also you put up more of a fight then China.

The difference here is that you have 3 different alliances each trying to achieve their goals separately from each other. They see that you are in a losing position they want to get a large piece of the pie and if they don't get what they want they won't support the treaty. However since there are 3 alliances that would come out as 3 large pieces. After that there won't be much left for you.

What would be IC/MP etc of SPQR, and of annexed regions in general (and France after the annexations?)

I once spend two weeks bargaining with the german player to end the centuries old cold war division in europe and form a first joint HRE-Samoyeds alliance against France...
I woke up in next morning and read that Germany had signed a NAP with France...

So really, I wont going back and to spend any more effort for Germany's sake...it really doesen't pay back to me other than stamp me with baseless backstabber label and curses and bad spirit.

Germany has never been since 1936 In any position to dicatate nor even negotiate for any terms over others helping him. He was in position where his existence was solely dependable over others mercy...He didn't realise it. His lost.
You sound like someone stole your candy.

Why all the whine about carillons bitching? Germany happened to be the cause for you and the Axis to fight France. You said it yourself, you did not do it for any love of Germany but for fear of having France at your doorstep. The only thing the Axis had on its mind in the negotiations with France was their own gains/losses, not Germany's wellbeing. Carillons should have tried to bargain with Foel for a lenient peace without consulting you guys, that would have served his nation better.

I can't blame him for being bitter over being sold out by you. It is a bit silly, after all this is a game and not of the cooperative "Everybody can be a winner" kind... But neither should you have any right to complain over his bitching, you abandoned him for your own reasons after all.

The proper thing would be to vote over whether or not Germany should get a player. Even if it's carillon. Germany is not an Axis puppet after all and should be free for anyone.

Completely objective mind shall throw the first stone....

Ofcourse I helped germany becouse it was in my best interest. None in this game has sofar done anything like unconditional and compltely string-free unselfish deeds. My point is that regardless of my motives, I did try to help Germany and did it as best as I could. None else did, aside the seccond pariah, china...so I do reserve the right to bicth back at Germany when he shows ungratefull attitude. And in our negotations with France, there wasen't any other thing to discuss but Germany's well being. Only after chinese jumping out of the war caused us concerns over our own wellbeing. At that point Germany was lost.

And there is no need to vote wheter germany gets a new player, Germany has a player, always had have, tought that player hasen't been with us aside one hoi2 session sofar.

China earned the emnity of forum-observers with his peculiar form of brutish, blustery diplomacy.

I have watched Finland's actions unfold for some time- in Victoria you had an aura of incompetence, and I never took you seriously.

Here, in a position of power, you have something of the petulant child about you, always whining for this or that, and getting into little bickering arguments with every other person. Not to mention, there seems to me something morally suspect in having a 'secure' alliance with a brother in a diplomacy-type game of backstabbing.

In any event, I hope you get your just desserts, and anticipate this occurance.

China earned the emnity of forum-observers with his peculiar form of brutish, blustery diplomacy.

I have watched Finland's actions unfold for some time- in Victoria you had an aura of incompetence, and I never took you seriously.

Here, in a position of power, you have something of the petulant child about you, always whining for this or that, and getting into little bickering arguments with every other person. Not to mention, there seems to me something morally suspect in having a 'secure' alliance with a brother in a diplomacy-type game of backstabbing.

I was incompetent in Vicky as it was my first ever attempt to play it (MP & SP included)

I've been bickering and bithching here only becouse I've been attacked by the non-player posters over matters which they don't have any other clue than what is posted in these forums. In otherwords they don't know squat about the actual game. Now I've been playing this game for two years now, and I find it very unpleasent that people who have followed it few months act like they know about it and more so acting like they have something to say about it.

Anyway I'm done. I wont post in this thread anymore, not comments, updates, screenshots nor AARs:(

I think this is unnecessarily harsh. I'd remind you that of the people starting this mega-campaign, a large number where beginners. I am myself, for example, a complete n00b to HoI, and my gaming experience would not be enhanced by outsiders rating my competence.

Feel free to comment, but please leave the personal attacks at the door, thankyouverymuch.

Golle has been a very respectable player in the Campaign. He has only made a few backstabs and has been open to negotiations with other players. The thing that has ticked me off about Golle has been that he is often too loyal and trustworthy to his allies. Regarding the Brother alliance, the Indonesian Player and the African Player are brothers and they have gone to war with each other. This secure alliance is more due to the fact that Golle would rather watch Finland burn to the ground then break his alliance with Georgia*.

In Victoria, many players were new to game. Golle managed to fair much better then poor Prussia and they were both playing their first game of Vicky. You really can't compare them to the actions of France, Italy or Japan. These were players who either knew how to play the game very well or discovered an excellent strategy.

*Yes, I know Finland and Georgia have fought before, but even then the alliance held strong

It is warming that Varyar would come to his fellow player's defence, and I may have been immoderate in my comments, but good the spectacle if the game if the audience can not enjoy its villains and its heroes?

Players have had more barbed comments for Golle than I did on several occasions; I am just calling it as I see it, of course.

Players have had more barbed comments for Golle than I did on several occasions; I am just calling it as I see it, of course.

Golle doesn't like it because you are calling it before you see all of the facts. I've done this many times. Although it is useful as the players involved will often then share their view of things and anything that they might not have given to the public.