• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Durotan

Recruit
Jun 1, 2019
Shatter World*
An independent Count
Great Conquerors (disable) Consolidation (disable) Succession (default)
Femele 0 / Marriage 0 / Age 16 / 0 childs
Culture/Religions/Religions Feature historical
Holding feudal (one) technology flat

Major Epidemics (Historical) Minor Epidemics (Fewer) Border Dispute (off) New Casus (on) Devil (off) Secret cults (off) non-epidemic (rare) NO Supernatural,Absurd,Adventurers,Revolts,AI Seduction,AI Intrigue

Stressed - Depressed - Lunatic - Great Pox - Leper - Wounded - Kinslayer - Ugly - Weak - Celibitate - Lustful - Gluttonous - Slothful - Deceitful - Craven - Arbritary - Cynical - Frail - Uncouth

Diplomacy 35 (24)
Martial 10 (3)
Steward 95 (87)
Intrigue 20 (23)
Learning 95 (91)
Health 11.50 (4.00)
Fertility 105% (-1010%)

AI lack focus on Epidemics and more of those will drag them down and take more dmg that you will.Consolidation is off so u can`t become to fast OP and Border Dispute will burn AI money,if u attack someone the AI will burn money to attack them too and in most cases they will lose the war and also that gold.
Devil is off because u can easy and fast remove the bad traits (u will be OP faster),same wit Supernatural (can cure leper).Revolts,Adventures will drag AI down more that they will drag you and AI Seduction/Intrigue is just useless for them most of the cases.

So I play Isle of Man because is 1 county in Dutchy.U can make the Dutchy in day 1 as Cristian (barrow money from Jewis 300g) is usefull to become Duke soon (have tehnology advance since game is flat)
Because I will be Duke in day 1 and have learning 95 I will get a lot of points in Tehnology.
I also put a lot of points in Steward because I want a gold boost to get max benefits from early Tehnology Buildings,I invest in Casstle Tech to Tier4 (25% extra cash from keep)
I build/upgrade Castle Town early because since im Duke I need claims to get new county for myselft and fabricate claims or take them from Pope will take some time (no need to build military early) since AI will not focus on attacks before they have at least 2 military structure (witch take time) since AI will not take money from Jewis.
When I have the economy rdy (Castle Town build/Upgrade) I will build military and rise army to fight for the claims witch I have.

Now lets talk about the strategy on traits.I pick Carousing first and Hermetic,with Carousing I will replace Celibitate with Hedonist (take 3 years max) + is nice to have in the start of the game some extra diplo points so u can recruit better counciliers.
Hermetic will advance verry fast because u have so much Learning and u can build tier4 Magnum (witch is op) also will be a smart move to write a book from day 1 of the game (the write will take a while) and the book will be ofc tier4 too (if u pick steward/learning or diplo topic).
I pick "Make a friend" +1 diplo since I have Carousing witch will make fast a friend,next I pick "Create treasury" since I will have fast 2 high tier artifacs.I pick "realm prosper" when I have the max county limit also "War chest" so I can get max benefit (no reason to improve prosperity on 1 county or get 10% tax early without no good income)
When Magnum is finish I pick Benedictine because I want to be give my childs traits and improve stats (this order will level fast since we have a log of points in steward)
The next focus after Carousing is Theology (this focus can remove Great pox / lunatic) and have a % to remove Leper too on a piligrim event,also can remove bad traits and give good traits (virtues).
Leper will not go to your kids but great pox will do,so stay on Theology focus till u remove it (it can take up to 15 years sometimes) but no warry u can have childs even at age 55+ as male and u will since u have only -10% fertility after u get rid of Celibitate and u will get + 15% (remove stress/depresion) + 20% (Hedonist) + 20% (remove great pox) + 20% (grom a heir) + 25% (family focus) so u will have a total of 100% even with leper trait on.
If u get rid of great pox fast go to hunting (and train personaly the dog after u get it) this event will remove frail and weak trait (is best to get them off before u start to do kids) also your character can die easy after age 50 if he got "weak/frail" even if base health 10+
So with pox/weak/frail off and base health 11.50 u will die at age 65-80 (natural) avoid to become stress/depres after u quit Hermetic.

Carousing-Theology-Hunthing (Get Maried) Family - Scholarship (this will give u even more tech points) - Business (u will get the trade) a bit more money (in capital) also there is a good % to get depress/stress and die from those.

After Scholarsip end move back to a focus who give u 1 health,u need to live much as u can because Kids stats are limited and never ever will be someone like your first character to bost so much the technology.
Also u need to live much as u can because u can improve your kids with monastic order (every 10 years) add/remove 1 good/bad trait.
If you are lucky and have enough prestige u can forge a dinasty who will also improve your close relative every 5 years (dinastic improve).

Level up "Infantery" to tier3 then "Skirmish" to tier3 also "Organization",don`t focus "Melee" because u alrdy will have a attack bonus from HauseCarl (witch will be build fast) since u will have the points from tehnology also the gold.
U will have 3 military buildings to tier3 before AI will have even have 2 of them build to tier3.
More or less after 35-40 years u can go war 1vs5 and win in less that 2 years if they are close each other.I even fight vs 10-15 (that have 1 county only) for tribute.

I can own 40-50% of the world whitout even hit the year 1000,this will work 100% on normal game too (no shatter world) but I take more time to do it.