• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IF i use move it now it crashes the game ? some thing changed with some update or is it just me ?

No, its simply a mod in development. Modding itself is in beta still, and many mods are really at the early/alpha stages of development, and it will simply take time and lots of effort to get it to being stable, both the modding system itself as well as this mod.

Is it possible something in the latest game patch broke something? Sure, but I am pretty sure I had the issue before the patch as well. It's just one of those fun things you get to experience as an early adopter of a beta modding system with alpha/experimental mods.

Quboid is reportedly working at a feature update that will include new features alongside bugfixes. He's asked for input here, and I am sure by now he has seen it...... so sometime soon we will see an update, and hopefully this also fixes some of the chrashes....

• 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you @maarten_714 , well said.

This particular problem is proving to be incredibly hard to track down. I am trying many different combinations of mods and I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, so my attempts to fix it so far have been guesswork. I do have a large update coming soon-ish, which I hope will fix the issue along with adding a UI and improving selection/overlay performance a lot! but still, I don't know if this actually will fix it.

If you are getting this problem and you have some spare time, please try removing one mod, trying again, and repeating until the problem does not occur, then let me know what that last mod you removed was.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
[REMOVED]
It probably has been said here before. But, when writing stuff, like a district name, if the player use the letter M while having the Move It mod installed the game will crash.

Edit: Just tested it without the Mio hotkeys mod installed and it doesn't happen. Sorry bye bye

Last edited:
Another 1 with the sporadic crashing here when selecting the icon..

On a side note, thankyou for bringing this mod back.. It was sheer disbelief that it wasn't part of the game out the box, amongst a load of other things...

Another 1 with the sporadic crashing here when selecting the icon..

On a side note, thankyou for bringing this mod back.. It was sheer disbelief that it wasn't part of the game out the box, amongst a load of other things...
Since the last update of the mod it have improved a lot the stability but, yes, sometimes still CTD when activates. The game core itself do a very bad management of errors, some are logged but not all of them.

This particular problem is proving to be incredibly hard to track down. I am trying many different combinations of mods and I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, so my attempts to fix it so far have been guesswork.

For what it is worth..... the crashing issue seems more prevalent the larger a city becomes. This may be due to certain assets being placed, or just a general increased system resource usage by everything that is going on in a city.

Example, I started a new city a few days ago on a custom map..... first thing I did is get rid of the entire road system (I use 529 tiles) and then build my own freeways, intersections, etc..... with a lot of "Move It!" used to get the intersections just right, etc, etc. No crashes whatsoever. Even with the entire road system done, a basic grid layout for a starting city, train lines drawn and implemented, and the first generic service buildings place (school, fire, police, medical, etc), no crashes whatsoever.

It wasn't until I actually started playing my city, zone things, and had people move in..... that the crashes started happening. But not for a while, so it seems it may be fine for some time but then encounters..... "something" that causes it to crash upon activating the mod. It could be a placed asset (my mod list posted earlier has not changed), it could be the city growing.....

Problem now is that a lot of mods cannot be removed without breaking the city, so that poses an additional challenge of "removing mods one by one" to see when it is stable, but the Move It! mod doesn't crash until you actually.... well.... have a city! :D - This is at least my experience.

One thing to note: During the complete rebuilding of this maps infrastructure to my liking before starting a city..... the game remained PAUSED, so that MAY have some influence on whether the game crashes or not. Usually, when the game crashes later on after invoking the Move It! mod..... the simulation is running, and my city is active. I typically play on speed "2" in the beginning, to get people to hurry up and move in! :D

I noticed my first Move It! crash when the city had about 4,000 residents, and some custom assets (the custom metro stations one, and some custom parking assets) had been placed and were in active use. I also placed the custom invisible parking path from one of the mods and drew a concrete square around it.

Hope this helps a bit.....

• 1Like
Reactions:

This particular problem is proving to be incredibly hard to track down. I am trying many different combinations of mods and I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, so my attempts to fix it so far have been guesswork. I do have a large update coming soon-ish, which I hope will fix the issue along with adding a UI and improving selection/overlay performance a lot! but still, I don't know if this actually will fix it.

If you are getting this problem and you have some spare time, please try removing one mod, trying again, and repeating until the problem does not occur, then let me know what that last mod you removed was.

In order to determine the mod causing my crashing issue, I started with nothing but move it enabled and added one mod at a time, placing a non-unique RICO building, and restarting until I found the culprit that was causing instant crashes when using the hotkey "m" OR clicking the UI icon. I performed this test on an empty, vanilla map. Ultimately, it is Plop the Growables that causes an instant crash for me. I dont know if you'd like more information, but happy to assist. Thanks for your and the mod community's support of this game. I know it's probably a mess.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
In order to determine the mod causing my crashing issue, I started with nothing but move it enabled and added one mod at a time, placing a non-unique RICO building, and restarting until I found the culprit that was causing instant crashes when using the hotkey "m" OR clicking the UI icon. I performed this test on an empty, vanilla map. Ultimately, it is Plop the Growables that causes an instant crash for me. I dont know if you'd like more information, but happy to assist. Thanks for your and the mod community's support of this game. I know it's probably a mess.
I've tried disabling plop the growables and move it still CTD for me.

• 1Like
Reactions:

It CTD even without the Plop the growables for me, i never installed the Plop the growables so is not any residuals from the installation that can be causing issues neither.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I hope there would be the Set Height option in the future.
Page up, page down...

You can look all th hotkeys here:

It CTD even without the Plop the growables for me, i never installed the Plop the growables so is not any residuals from the installation that can be causing issues neither.
Do you have LegacyFlavour installed?

So I guess you can't use Move It mod for under ground stuff? I need to make some adjustments on underground roads but every time I go into Move It mode, it gets rid of undergrounde view and I can't get into that view while Move It mod is activated.

how do you move it up if you have a 60% keyboard?
Good question, I have a 65% but have pg up and pg down linked to multimedia stuff and I'm also used to my keybinds of CS1. Would be so cool to have the ability to change your keybinds.
Have to agree, would be great to be able to edit the keybinding.

@Quboid - is this on the roadmap for MoveIt?

So I guess you can't use Move It mod for under ground stuff? I need to make some adjustments on underground roads but every time I go into Move It mode, it gets rid of undergrounde view and I can't get into that view while Move It mod is activated.

Correct, underground has not yet been implemented. I miss it too, as I sometimes need to fix a tunnel or fix a metro line, but Move It! does indeed not yet work underground.....

Quboid is working on new feature release, (no ETA) so there is a chance that underground modifications will be included with it.

For the people who are getting crashes when you click on the button, please let me know what other mods you have active.
For me disabling Find It in the play set seems to have fixed the CTD issue I had, touch wood.

It must be a nightmare to look for conflicts when every time the game loads there seems to be mod updates downloaded, each with the potential to cause issues.