• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Marvelous work with the mod, it certainly looks great; the post-war period really needed some fleshing out. However, I can't seem to get this beauty going, whenever I try to start a scenario (any scenario) with this mod installed it just gets stuck at "reading scenario". I am running AoD 1.05 so it's no beta patch messing things up - any ideas on how to solve it? Does Vista have anything to do with it?

Getting an "Critical Error!" when starting 1936 as Germany:

Error Code:
--- Unknown minister loyalty: ---

Ignoring it a bunch of times makes it go away...

To revive this very very old thread...

I was away from this mod for a long long time. Even if I found some time for playing with the game, it was mainly helping out with development of Darkest Hour. Not that I gave so much input as all the other guys with cool DH avatars but it was enough to eat away little free time.

So during last days I was happy to rediscover my mod and give it a bit more loving. Actually I accomplished most of the things that needed quick attention (bugs, serious imbalances) and finished the basic version of minister database for the whole period, for all of the countries. That why the version number jumped to 0.8.8 and 0.9 is just behind the corner. What needs to be implemented for this are:

- 1953 scenario,
- balancing of IC growth by introducing long-term peacetime modifiers
- a couple of fixes.

I'd be happy to provide 0.9 around the time Darkest Hour comes out. Note that for 0.9-1.0+ versions NWO will stay compatible with AoD using only standard HoI2 mechanics and future, distant version surely won't come that quickly ;)

Hickz, I discovered the point about minister loyalties and it is fixed. :)

Marvelous work with the mod, it certainly looks great; the post-war period really needed some fleshing out. However, I can't seem to get this beauty going, whenever I try to start a scenario (any scenario) with this mod installed it just gets stuck at "reading scenario". I am running AoD 1.05 so it's no beta patch messing things up - any ideas on how to solve it? Does Vista have anything to do with it?

It's probably the fact that AoD (and DH which I mainly use for testing) bring more and more checks to scenarios and display errors. If the game freezes during the scenario reading it most probably means that some message is displayed in the background and you should press Alt+Tab to go to desktop and then switch back to the game (then, the message window will come to front and you'll be able to see what's wrong and click "ignore").

Sorry for not answering, something went wrong with my notifications about replies in this thread.

I don't think the 0.9 version will be ready exactly for release of Darkest Hour, but it's coming really near to being ready. I put 0.8.9 for download, with the new 1953 scenario (an icon below). There's still a lot to correct and improve but it's exactly an amount of work that can be done in the span of a couple of days I hope.

scenario1953.png

I intend to move with the thread to the DH forum but as I promised, the mod will stay compatible with AoD for several versions on (with possible exception of a couple of missing minister photos, which is hard to reconcile between two games).

Sweet. Was wondering, don't remember if you ever answered it, but how compatible are your changes w/ other mods (Mainly the ones w/ their own sub-forum (CORE, etc) thread here at AOD)

I doubt that the mod can be used without any problems with other mods. It can be so as long as the other mod doesn't step into the area of NWO, namely modified minister files and events. Many HoI2/AoD mods introduce their own events e.g. covering surrender process of alliance leaders and having two sets of events for the same situation will surely result in conflicts. You can try to reconcile two mods yourself if you have some modding background (bringing from each mod some part of it so they won't clash) or if there's enough demand I could do this myself for some specific mod.

In case somebody didn't notice, the main thread of the mod was created in DH's forum so please report all the feedback, questions and suggestions there. As I said, I'm committed to keep the mod compatible with AoD into 1.0.x versions so at least all the current problems with the game will be resolved before I'll move on DH-only ground.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?534601-New-World-Order

Just tried version 0.9.2 on AOD 1.07 via JSGME. Played the Gotterdammerung scenario to see how the post-war borders look like - which I couldn't see at all because suddenly in September '44 both the Western Allies and the Soviet Union suddenly accepted Peace : Return to Status Quo after taking Berlin --> Germany remains Nazi and in control of all Europe except France and Benelux countries.

Sorry for not answering, I didn't check this thread regularly after moving to DH forum (but, yes, NWO is still compatible with AoD).

Taking Berlin alone is not a prerequisite for peace firing but if Germany loses Berlin and doesn't control any other of key cities then the end of the war will fire. The only (albeit serious) thing that doesn't go as planned in your situation is that what is left of Germany should be annexed by the controller of Berlin. I'll refresh my memory of German surrender events and see if there's some room for error there.