• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Aardvark Bellay

Thanks for your reply!

The funny thing is: there is no such file "ipc_court_formation_decisions.txt" on my computer. Could it be referenced by another file and the error is the result of the absence of this file?

I will investigate...

Last edited:
@Torredebelem

Thanks for the fast response! Maybe i will way to solve the problem.

I can't imagine playing the game without being able to frame those vassals who think crown authority is unnecessarily high, and see them despised by their fellow faction comembers.

@Aardvark Bellay

Thanks for your reply!

The funny thing is: there is no such file "ipc_court_formation_decisions.txt" on my computer.

I will investigate...

Did you actualy look yourself manually inside the folders or did you only use Windows search ?
Don't rely on the latter.
I'd suspect the "ipc" part is refering to the mod name and an abbreviation.

No other idea.
Wouldn't have thought that the mod is truly compatible with HIP in the first place, though it's said in the OP, but what do i know.

Could it be referenced by another file and the error is the result of the absence of this file?

I wouldn't dare to claim that i really know what the error.log info refers to.
Could be...

Last edited:
@Aardvark Bellay

Thanks very much for your input. The last version of Dark Ages is the one on Steam which also is the one on this link.

Dark Ages is fully compatible with HIP. In fact it is fully compatible with 99,9% of the mods available. Only instance where it is not compatible is with a mod that removes the personality traits (it will render DA totally incompatible in this case), adds more personality traits (DA will not care about the new traits in the events) or is a mod that has a setting other than the medieval one (DA locs use a medieval contextual setting).

Did you actualy look yourself manually inside the folders or did you only use Windows search ?

Both. Before i posted here (and afterwards) i looked manually into some mods which could use the combination "ipc" or which change anything about the council and factions, when i couldn't think of more possibilities i used the windows search, and noticed myself (a .rar'ed test file wasn't found), that it is flawed. Why even offer that tool, when i dosen't dind everything, even with the suitable settings...

A search on the whole ck2-forum only gave three uses of "ipc". Two were while talking about hardware, one referes to the faction which wants to Increase the Power of the Council. I think that aligns with the fact, that the crash dosen't appear when AI is turned off and i will look again for that file, i think i will acess the partition via linux and use that search function. Even if it's the case that the file's absence is the cause of the crash a reliable search should at least find the line referencing to the file. I will try in the evening and see what I find.

After that I'm out of ideas.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: Dolphin (KDE-"Explorer") found the file in 10 seconds. I must have overlooked it while searching manually. It's the "the Imperial Court Societies". I will make a post there and deactivate it for the time being. Thanks again for the support.

Last edited: