• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have Excalibur, no other events have fired up for the quest of restoring the old gods. I don't know if your little hotfix was the cause though (I implemented it right after finding excalibur). Is it normal that no event fired up after 4 years?

Since I have Excalibur, no other events have fired up for the quest of restoring the old gods. I don't know if your little hotfix was the cause though (I implemented it right after finding excalibur). Is it normal that no event fired up after 4 years?

I thought you had finished the Old Gods quest already. I did some changes to the quest events but none of them should be contained in the files I sent you. Actually the hotfix should have effects only when you die.

Type 'charinfo 1' in the console and check your character's flags. You should have a flag called 'searching_for_the_treasures' and one flag for each item you already found (found_treasure_1, ecc.).

Copying this warning from the Game of Thrones mod thread: If you want to continue to be able to use mods and you use steam, make a full backup of your CKII directory NOW. The mod will be broken for an unknown period while modders figure out what needs to change.

Or just put CKII on not updating.

putting it on not updating will just make Steam not update it while you leave it alone. It will still update it when you try to run the game from Steam. If you want to dodge that, run it from the directory

edit: ofcourse you won't have this problem if you bought it from GamersGate :cool:

Oh it doesnt update for me because I used the OPT-in beta for 1.90x versions. Oh and everyone can do this, I was just searching around and found out this nice little option.

1.90x version CKII.png

Since the old gods is a huge add on to the game, are you planning to update the mod ? And if yes, how long do you think it will take (I suppose a long time no ?)

Not really a long time, a compatibility patch (or more precisely a new full version compatible with 1.10) will be released later today or this night. However, none of the Old Gods new pagan features will be implemented, yet. Only the 'basic' features of 1.10 will be in, like technology.

After that I will look into implementing all the new Old Gods features, like raiding, looting, concubines, etc.

The map expansion is also coming along faster than I expected. It will take long to make the 'expanded' version of the mod well balanced, so I might release an early version of the map expansion (maybe with some features yet missing, like multiple de jure shifting titles all over the new map area), just to get some early feedback about basic things like balance, titles and provinces (names, culture, etc.).

good to know ! I just have one more question, did you plan changing the succession law of the picts ? I am not sure but I think that the picts use to have a strong cognatic succession (like the basque in the actual ck2)

good to know ! I just have one more question, did you plan changing the succession law of the picts ? I am not sure but I think that the picts use to have a strong cognatic succession (like the basque in the actual ck2)

The Picts are already one of the few cultures allowed to use True Cognatic succession. I'm just not sure it would be appropriate to have them start with true cognatic. I am no expert on the Picts, here is what the (quick but not very reliable) Wikipedia says...

The Picts are often said to have practised matrilineal kingship succession on the basis of Irish legends and a statement in Bede's history. In fact, Bede merely says that the Picts used matrilineal kingship succession in exceptional cases.[32][33] The kings of the Picts when Bede was writing were Bridei and Nechtan, sons of Der Ilei, who indeed claimed the throne through their mother Der Ilei, daughter of an earlier Pictish king.[34]

In Ireland, kings were expected to come from among those who had a great-grandfather who had been king.[35] Kingly fathers were not frequently succeeded by their sons, not because the Picts practised matrilineal succession, but because they were usually followed by their own brothers or cousins, more likely to be experienced men with the authority and the support necessary to be king.[36]

The nature of kingship changed considerably during the centuries of Pictish history. While earlier kings had to be successful war leaders to maintain their authority, kingship became rather less personalised and more institutionalised during this time. Bureaucratic kingship was still far in the future when Pictland became Alba, but the support of the church, and the apparent ability of a small number of families to control the kingship for much of the period from the later 7th century onwards, provided a considerable degree of continuity.

This sounds more like seniority to me. Of course the sources about 5th-9th century all very... hazy.

P.S. I should be uploading the new 1.10 compatible version in a couple of hours (plus upload time).

I've just downloaded your mod, I'm a massive Bernard Cornwell fan and this just sounds awesome. One problem: when i launch the game it doesn't get past the "crossing the British Channel" phase, I know you're going to release a compatability patch for the Old Gods, is this something that will solve or have I done something else wrong?

I've just downloaded your mod, I'm a massive Bernard Cornwell fan and this just sounds awesome. One problem: when i launch the game it doesn't get past the "crossing the British Channel" phase, I know you're going to release a compatability patch for the Old Gods, is this something that will solve or have I done something else wrong?

Yes the current version is not working since yesterday after the 1.10 CKII patch was released. Hang tight and a compatible version should be up in about two hours.

Version 0.972 released.

Download Link: Britannia 479 - The Winter King (Full Version, 325 Mb)

As usual, remember that the mod must be placed in your documents folder (<your user documents>\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod), and NOT in the game main folder. Also make sure you delete any older versions of the mod (including "Britannia.mod") and the settings folder (usually it is <your user documents>\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Britannia) before installing the latest release. In other words, please delete anything related to the mod before updating.

Here is the change log...

Version 0.972 (Released May 29th, 2013)

- Fully compatible with CKII 1.10
- The Brotherhood of Britain is now formable by decision and events (it is no longer assigned directly to the High King of Britannia)
- The Cynerice of Aenglaland is now always dissolved on the death of the Bretwalda (all titles should revert back to the correct kingdoms)
- Re-shaped the Jarldom of Lanceaster to actually include Lancaster
- Added the creatable anglo-saxon Jarldom of Donceaster (vassal of Northumbria, with full de jure shifting of titles)
- Gododdin and Lothian are now just different cultural names of the same Kingdom
- Added the Kingdom of Bryneich (independent, but no de jure lands, in 479 AD) (replaces the realm previously called Gododdin)
- The High Chiefdom of Bryneich is now de jure part of the Kingdom of Rheged
- The choice to loot/burn/sack a settlements is no longer given when liberating your own lands from enemy occupation
- Fixed a few bugs with the siege and prisoners mechanics (the whole system should work far better now)
- Mercenary leaders can now take prisoners and will deliver them directly to their liege
- Improved events chain for the restoration of Roman Senate
- Excalibur is now hereditary (but only after being found during the 'Restore the Old Gods' event chain)
- Characters who become Druids will no longer have their education and skills randomly changed
- Picts now have their own celtic sub-religion (the Cult of Cailleach, the 'Mother of All')
- Added hundreds of new dynasties across all cultures
- Added several new historical characters
- Added some new custom headgear (blue war paint) for Pictish portaits
- Improved and new custom portrait backgrounds
- Tweaked and expanded portrait properties and conditions
- Improved and expanded localization
- Reactivated events leading to the possible formation of Republics (previously deactivated to avoid the vanilla CTD issue)
- The 'Local Control' modifier now applies only to lower rank rulers (no longer to kings and above) and only during peacetime
- Tweaked the Conquest CB to ensure all baron-level titles held by rulers of a different culture are usurped with the province
- Cultural and vassal mercenaries (like Spears of Gwynedd, etc.) will now dissolve if vassalized by a ruler of a different culture group
- Mercenary captains will now always have military education and some level of combat skill (Veteran, Trained Warrior, etc.)
- Children will no longer adopt their guardian's culture if the latter is of another culture group (except for romano-british tutored by romans)
- Increased the fertility bonus granted by the 'Have a Son/Daughter' ambitions
- Rebalanced and simplified succession and gender laws across all tiers and cultures
- Fixed several bugs with crown and demesne laws and the way AI rulers decide on law changes
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Plague of Justinian event chain to start (Plague Laws, etc.)
- Fixed a bug with the Raid CB that caused wars to end inconclusively
- Fixed a bug with the 'Lack of Funds' triggered modifiers
- Fixed a (rare) bug with the 'Mediterranean Traders' decision and events chain
- Fixed a bug that caused CTDs when checking creation requirements for the Kingdoms of Benoic and Broceliande after the Frankish conquest
- Fixed a bug with Roman-ruled provinces in Gaul converting to Romano-British culture
- Added several opinion modifiers to historical characters (e.g. Arthur and Merlin are now friends at campaign start)
- Shortened a few music cues to reduce file size
- General optimization to reduce CPU load
- General improvements to the map (terrain, borders, textures, etc.)
- Several other fixes and tweaks
I should warn you that a few features are actually not working as intended anymore after 1.10. Religion authorities used to vary from as low as 5 to as high as 95 and now they are stuck around 20 all the time, all of them. This will have great effects on religion spreading, and they are still untested.

Also the general balance of the mod has changed due to the changes in retinue sizes, buildings, and so on. Anglo-Saxons are apparently having a much harder time conquering all of England now. Same thing for Franks in Europe. For example, in my last observe mode game, I've seen something happening for the absolute first time ever: the political boundaries in Gaul remained exactly the same (in their initial de jure setup) until 700 AD, with Franks and Soissons and Benoic and Broceliande all independent and well. I don't know why nor if this is going to be a good thing or not.

All feedback and suggestions are very welcome. The latest official patch has changed so much that the mod needs a lot of playtesting to make sure everything is running as it should.

Last edited:
AI armies are getting stuck in Cicucium, any army that steps foot in that province won't move until disbanded.
Great work on the mod by the way, this has overtaken CK2+ as my favourite mod, I am planning to play a mini mega-campaign and manually convert my game to CK2+ in 867.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.