• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't forget the "breakthrough" Industrial techs...and all of their bloody prerequisites.

I think a good strategy is to build up a respectable research rate for a few years, then plunge straight into the industrials until you get the computer techs. They'll largely make up for any lost research, but it takes too long if you try to rush for them too early.

I found that mr. sorge's guide a few pages back is actually really useful. True, you hover around 100-110%, but you keep a good pace for Materials and the like.

I think there should be some instructions telling vista users(or at least this vista user :p ) that they need to run the .exe for installing the ntl patch as administrator or you get an error. I almost gave up on this incredible mod because of this minor detail. :( (and sorry if there was some instructions somewhere detailing this but i completely missed it and tried for hours to get this thing to work.)

I have HOI2 Complete pack, through Steam, and was wondering if there was any way to make this mod work with it? i have followed the installation instructions, however it needs to run the game through steam, and whenever i try it i get an "error 51" message, which usually means that steam is unable to validate the game. i assume this is because MOD 34 actually modifies the .exe. Any help on this matter would be great, and im sorry if this question has already been answered. i did not want to go through all 130 or so pages of this thread.

thanks again.

Do the % change in daily max production techs work properly now? They were useless before. Making them offmap production would work, because they would let minor nations eventually develop a significant surplus of trading goods, because a % change is simply too low to make a difference in some nations. It would also encourage puppeting instead of conquering, because you want to keep those little guys alive and taking in those offmap resources.

To compensate, natural on map resource production should be reduced. This would overall make puppeting more viable than trying to literally conquer the world. It would make things more realistic and probably more balanced.

This is all just my theory, though. :D

hi
great mod. i have a few questions. i´m playing rep spain and i want to keep my troops. i have tried it several times and sometimes i have lost no troops and sometimes i have lost everything. i dont understand the system. could someone explain it to me. thanks

does it compatible with 1.3b v2?.

No, because the new patch takes away Standard annexation, which is necessary for this mod to work. :( Use 1.2 and just live with the lame spy system, it's not that bad. The old patch is needed so researching, say, anti tank guns give your infantry a badly needed hard attack bonus. Even if you don't use some brigades, their research often makes your units stronger. That's a major part of this mod.

I noticed that the Blueprint Bonus is now only 1.5 (from 1.8). Apart from that, I haven't noticed any changes in the files, but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. Has anyone else found anything new?

There seems to be a *lot* more resources. I also played as Germany, allied with Japan from 33 to early 37 to help and get help with blueprints, thinking it would give them an edge. The Chinese pushed them out of Asia before WWII even began. I allied them to help them recover, and they declared war on the USA within a month. Game over.

:rofl:

There seems to be a *lot* more resources. I also played as Germany, allied with Japan from 33 to early 37 to help and get help with blueprints, thinking it would give them an edge. The Chinese pushed them out of Asia before WWII even began. I allied them to help them recover, and they declared war on the USA within a month. Game over.

:rofl:

Looks like the Chinese are going nuts. :D

I noticed that the Blueprint Bonus is now only 1.5 (from 1.8). Apart from that, I haven't noticed any changes in the files, but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. Has anyone else found anything new?

New techs in armor section, new tech teams (+150) for can ,mex ,col ,bra ,saf ,por ,rom ,hun ,yug ,per ,man ,cze ,hol ,fin ,pol,... AI review in production and investigation, changes in events, new events, changes in provinces (iceland, russia, spain,...), changes in misc.txt (units need more supplies), changes in techs, more resources, optimization in AI commerce, changes in the notimelimit-patch program, manpower by province,...

;)