• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quick question, is Communist China supposed to be god awful powerful? I've never paid much attention to Japan as most of my games have been spent as Germany or the US (before they join the war) trying to get a good handle on the research trees. However, now that I'm actually looking to play a full game through I've noticed the Japan is consistently getting its butt kicked, and it seems to be by ComChi. The problem is pretty easy to identify as, in my most recent game, ComChi is tied with Italy for 5th Largest army in the world by 1939. I suppose if I was the Japanese I could exploit the AI to beat them (draw them out of the mountains into Shanxi territory and slaughter them in small sections over time) but the Japanese AI just gets steamrolled at the Yellow River in a constant back and forth they can't break of. I've played three hands-off games to see if it was a fluke, but it seems to be a regular occurence (using the October Revolution 1934 scenario).

HI.
great mod,I following this mod from beggining. :D
But I need help,because I am working on my mod (improvment mod for Yugoslavia,and 90% is finished )
I need 2 big answers :

1.In your mod you have Standard nation.I want to add off-map territory,so when enemy defeated my forces and take all victory points,I will able to continue game/ something like Government in exile. ....And,whit events you can "reborn" you nation! ;)
Is that posible?

How much airplanes is one aircraft group ? in game ?
and how much is one tank division?
sorry for bad english

1.In your mod you have Standard nation.I want to add off-map territory,so when enemy defeated my forces and take all victory points,I will able to continue game/ something like Government in exile. ....And,whit events you can "reborn" you nation! ;)
Is that posible?

Maybe. The enemy ai will annex you automaticly once they get all your vp, they don't ask. So your off map prov will need a vp.

will the usa defend its borders or am i playing capture the flag?

say a 1943 invasion. i want to blitz to the apps and take all the industry but a long attritional battle over the great plains with massive armored clashes.

Strategic redeployment isn't available at all, actually, if you choose to disable it. One of the logistic techs should enable it at some point.

Also, I don't think I've noticed the effects of a resource tech boost. Output doesn't seem to increase.

Just so you know, I will write a review of your mod in next PC4War issue (french video games print magazine with over than 25,000 readers). :)

Awesome. This mod really does deserve credit for being the only one to have a balanced tech tree without overly restrictive tech years. Yes, there are problems (peacetime industry overpowered, US vastly overpowered if played by a human, etc) but it is balanced in principle.

hey quintelosky, any word on if your tech tree will work correctly with Aresenal of Democracy ?

I also just now noticed that built ships can only have 1 attachment. :eek: There's no point to light cruisers anymore; doubling the attachment limit was a huge boost over destroyers, but it's not possible anymore.

I haven't tried adding on attachments later, though, which might work.

I also just now noticed that built ships can only have 1 attachment. :eek: There's no point to light cruisers anymore; doubling the attachment limit was a huge boost over destroyers, but it's not possible anymore.

I haven't tried adding on attachments later, though, which might work.

Hi

Is a problem with the notimelimit+patch, I corrected the program, you can use this, patch again the hoi2.exe, and all works fine ;)

http://www.quintelosky.com/R/archivos/parcheshoi2dd.zip

thanks quintelosky for your continous work

thumbsupi.gif

Quick question, is there a way to switch countries midgame other than loading a save as a different one? I would like to tip the scales in favor of the Axis with bonus research and IC efficiency and would prefer not to need to reload a save several times. Also, is there a console command to give a country a tech, rather than just a blueprint?

Quick question, is there a way to switch countries midgame other than loading a save as a different one? I would like to tip the scales in favor of the Axis with bonus research and IC efficiency and would prefer not to need to reload a save several times. Also, is there a console command to give a country a tech, rather than just a blueprint?

As far I know, No and no.

Quick question, is Communist China supposed to be god awful powerful? I've never paid much attention to Japan as most of my games have been spent as Germany or the US (before they join the war) trying to get a good handle on the research trees. However, now that I'm actually looking to play a full game through I've noticed the Japan is consistently getting its butt kicked, and it seems to be by ComChi. The problem is pretty easy to identify as, in my most recent game, ComChi is tied with Italy for 5th Largest army in the world by 1939. I suppose if I was the Japanese I could exploit the AI to beat them (draw them out of the mountains into Shanxi territory and slaughter them in small sections over time) but the Japanese AI just gets steamrolled at the Yellow River in a constant back and forth they can't break of. I've played three hands-off games to see if it was a fluke, but it seems to be a regular occurence (using the October Revolution 1934 scenario).

Tell me about it! In my AAR, ComChi had 83 divisions!

Japan can actually finish off the commies, and they're gone for good, not defecting to the nationalists; I send mountaineers west early in the war to take them out. The AI doesn't take this into account, and over time Mao's army simply gets too big.