• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys, I am as much for fun as anyone, but you might want to wrap this up before a moderator comes along. Just a suggestion.

Paxdax said:
How is it possible?! You were a part of us for.... a very long time. And still you language manage to be so bloody weird.

and you speak riddels :p

All right, I shall update tonight(I hope). And let's all listen to Grayghost. He knows. And you DO want more of this, no?

Ok, I have now reached the point of which I have to really play the game forward for new material for this AAR. This means that the pace of the updates is going to slow down, but not much, I assure you. And children, let's play nice while waiting for those updates ;)

17.New power

In late August, the carrier air-groups were finished and the reformed RFN could begin operations. The Navy lacked some up-to-date screening ships, but the problem was being solved by Crichton-Vulcan. The first mission for the Navy was a daring raid on the Plymouth harbor. Recon flights over Plymouth had revealed that a large British fleet was repairing and resupplying there. The new carriers were ordered to make an air-strike on the port, thus neutralizing as many enemy ships as possible.
The operation was delayed a bit because of bad weather, but eventually, it was carried out. The air-strike was succesful, even though not achieving their main objective, the sinking of the aircraft-carrier Land and Labour.
The Brits lost the battlecruiser Furious and the heavy cruisers Surrey and Northumberland.

The Navy returned to their new base in Bergen, since the Baltic bases would be unavailable as the Baltic Sea was frozen for the winter and it would be ineffecient to move fleets from there to battle. King Kaarle II had personally arrived to Bergen to congratulate the fleet and presented the new naval unit award "Royal Navy Star" to the fleet.
2v0c2g1.png
33cwx3o.png

Meanwhile, the little nation of Georgia was being gobbled up by Azerbaidzan and the Don-Kuban Union. The Brits could no longer supply the Georgians, since Georgia had lost all of her coastline. Their defeat would only be a matter of time.
47s1mkx.png

In the Mediterranean, the Brits made a naval operation of their own. They invaded Corsica and now had a base of operations in the Mediterranean. The island was immediately made a prime target for the Italian and German bombers and it would be unlikely that the Brits would stack any forces there.
30j74i0.png

Last edited:
Wohoooo! Go finland!

p.s Ottomans will come then when we need to byu some furnitures :p

Isn't there an event to transform the nation who dominates the peninsula into Scandinavia?

SeanB said:
Isn't there an event to transform the nation who dominates the peninsula into Scandinavia?
I think so, but I'd keep with Finland anyway.

Nice first use of your carriers. More port strikes! I want the brit navy on the bottom of the ocean! :D

18.Daring moves are rarely victorious ones.

The beginning of 1942 was a time of careful planning in the Finnish High Command. The top military leaders had decided that a new, very daring and dangerous plan would be attempted this year. The operation was named "Operaatio Merileijona"-and it's goal was no less than the invasion of the British isles.

The operation was criticized by some generals as an overestimation of Finnish military capability. The invasion of Portugal or Ireland was nothing compared to this task, but most of the leaders believed that this could be done with the help of the new carriers and the refitted Finnish Air Force.

The first phase of the operation was to achieve total air-superiority above the target area and destroy most of the British aircrafts on their fields. This was achieved with new carrier strikes on airports and by redeploying the whole Finnish Air Force to France to carry out operations.
2uff0qf.jpg
4.jpg

The second phase was the bombing of enemy installations and making recon flights to find out the enemy strength in the designated landing area. With air superiority, these tasks were also fulfilled and it was discovered that the most suitable landing area would be Bristol, since the Brits had only three infantry divisions there. The Navy was assigned to bomb enemy fleets making repairs in the docks, so even if no ships were completely sunk, they would be so badly damaged that they wouldn't be able to intercept the invasion force.
5.jpg

Finally, on the 2nd of March, 9.00, the third phase began. The third phase was the actual landind on Bristol. The invasion force consisted of 9 divisions, commanded by the newly promoted Gen. Siilasvuo, the Hero of Singapore. When the landing boats hit the shores, it was a bloody struggle right from the start. The Finns had the strength in numbers, air-superiority and naval artillery support, but they had completely underestimated the defenses and the fighting spritit of the defenders. The enemy machine guns moved down the first wave and the second made no gains whatsoever. The Finnish attackers proceeded only a few hundred meters inlands while losing huge amounts of men in the process.

The Brits got quickly reinforced by a nearby division and the attackers were kept at bay for the whole day. The High Command saw that the situation was hopeless and called off the attack. The Finns retreated under the cover of night and were shipped back to Ireland. The Finnish casualties of the operation were ca. 8000, while the estimated losses of the Brits were ca. 1300.
This was a black day in Finnish military history and showed the High Command that even if Finland was powerful, it wasn't omnipotent.
1-1.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that was quite a drubbing the brits handed you. What do you do next?

OK, I've added a list of chapters in the first post, so possible new readers(and why not old ones, too) can catch up.