• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ir0nSlug

Major
Aug 24, 2021
Is there still people around?
Don't ask me why, but I just started playing EU3 and I like it better than 4.
MEIOU and D&T seem to be two interesting mods, but it's kinda hard to find what either of these do.
Can anyone give me a rundown?

There are still people playing, as the "Post your Empire" thread shows. I keep picking it up again every 6 months or so, and find it more interesting than EU4 which I never really got much into.

As for the mods, I dabbled with them years ago, but prefer the plain vanilla game, so I've forgotten almost everything about them. The one makes everything look faded and worn, which it would not be during the timeframe of the game, to the point where it's difficult to distinguish between different flags and icons. Other than that, you'll have to wait for a reply by someone more familiar with the mods.

There's a lot more info about the mods available in their own sections of the Mods sub-forum, but if your game isn't registered here on the forum (you have no game icons showing), then you can't even see the sub-forums for the game, much less access them. Enjoy.

Is there still people around?
Don't ask me why, but I just started playing EU3 and I like it better than 4.
MEIOU and D&T seem to be two interesting mods, but it's kinda hard to find what either of these do.
Can anyone give me a rundown?
Idk if you still care but MEIOU adds a level of granularity and simulation experience not available in the base game.

e.g. "development" as some-abstraction-of-a-region's value is replaced with various metrics like population (which changes dynamically according to a multitude of real-life factors) and urban development

Basically if you're looking for a more simulation-level experience MEIOU is great. I personally can't play EU4 without it, but to each his/her own. It is a little more complex and can take a couple days to really figure out, but at the end of the day it's the difference between a map painting game where London stays the same year over year vs being able to see your capital's population, education, wealth, etc rise or fall alongside reforms of noble and burgher privileges and various other things like improvement of regional agricultural fertility.

TL;DR: It's basically a simulator with MEIOU with real population simulation etc. If you want more detailed look, pop into the reddit forum for MEIOU and look at population comparison between historical london 1600s and in-game MEIOU population simulation

Only in MEIOU can you actually devastate a rival's army and see the population effects of that battle damage their urban centers (and in turn their economic productivity) etc.