• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(638572)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jan 18, 2013
  • Magicka
I have a few questions for Magicka,

-for single player, will there eventualy be added a new system to make a NPC mage follow you, who can fight along side you (probrably blast you to pieces more then a player would) and revive you as you die + you being able to revive him if he dies? it would make the single player campain more fun (mainly as i got the game recently and noticed my friends did not buy it as there game would have terrible lags if they did, so i end up playing it alone, strongly reducing the fun, despite the cool idea of the checkpoint fairy)

-additional addon for if the single player gets NPC's to follow him, funny followers like space mage (black cloak, mainly using lighting and wind magic with vlad's glove and magicka saber weapon, refering to a space movie)
Death follower (not able to do 1 hit kills but mainly using a summon for zombies, undead and poison)
vlad follower, using most schools of magic,
Alucart follower
Necromancer follower
Druid follower
Warlock follower
Dwarf mage follower

-Will there be a new addon that alowes the player to keep spells they learned in the campain to be used in other campains? (for example you finish the main story mode, then you start the stars are left with all spells you learned in the main story mode, then after that start the other side of the coin, with also all spells you learned in previous campains, giving the feeling of becoming more powerfull + bosses and special enemy's with vortex immunity to prevent abuse of the spell on strong opponents)
and Napalm from Vietnam DLC to change in Dragonfire in other Campaigns (mainly adding dragon roar's and changing the shadow from the plains into a flying dragon shadow)

-More spell's like making a tidle wave (like lightning storm and meteor storm to blacken the sky, coursing water to apear on the entire field (not able to dwown anybody) but making everybody in the wet status + random waves to apear to knock down enemy's/players), blind the enemy, poisoning the enemy, summnoning treas, strong undead, other enemy's like yeti's, earthquake (like lightning storm and meteorstorm to make the sky black and course random players/enemy's to fall down and rocks wall's forming at random places of the field), making ghost clones of yourself that shoot magick (basically all spells that exist in the game but the player cant learn yet exept by having a special staff, what is slightly disappointing as learning the spell's without requiring a staff makes you feel more powerfull)

-new combinations like light and darkness, nature, decail to deal more damage or heal (for example darkness + arcane = dark beam that deals very powerful damage but also drains your life slightly, or light + shield + fire, to add absorb fire damage to the player for a short time, or decal + rock making a exploding dust cloud on hit that poisons the enemy's in range, or nature + rock AOE cast will make a earthquake that shoots vines out of the ground, binding enemy's in place, making them unable to move unless them burn them selfs (burnign the vines too))

-Ice, rock, steam, poison elementals for the elemental summon (and other things if still missing)

-longer duration of the self shield? it only lasts a very short wile, making it a spell i personal never use course there is no point to use it if it only lasts so short

-Currently i still have lag in some area's, while other area's play very smooth, I read somewhere that when its not a constant lag but only happens in some area's its the game itself having that problem and will be fixed in the near future, is this still the case? as for now i am forced to play at the lowest settings to reduce the lag to a very low level (giving a strange screen shape)
I dont see how my graphic card would be the problem as i have all required things to run the game, even more that a game like Skyrim runs smooth for me.

-Will there be more characters to choose from for the Campaign's? alternative DLC other side of the coin characters (vampire robe, who's magic gauntlet cant be removed, Necromancer robe, with poison blade and summon undead staff, new werewolf robe (basicly a robed mage with a wolf nose sticking out the hood's shadow and a tail sticking out of the back of the robe with wolf claw hands) with a unremovable werewolf claw melee weapon + stronger weapon enchantments)

-Summon death randomizer, making summon death still go to the weakest enemy/player, but also sometimes appear in the circle of death, and if a boss is in the area, being forced to not use a 1 hit kill, but rather resort to summoning 4 random undead (making the player unable to cheat one hit kill a boss with summoning death and dodging him, making him hit the boss)

-summon limit of 15, being only able to have 15 summons on the field,
as for now i think the game already does that with exeption of staff summons, as summoning a random undead or tree spirit will destroy all other summons you have on the field, (or when summoning a normal summon will destroy the summon made by the staff)

-staff/weapon chooser, if you found a weapon in game already, it would be fun to be able to pick a staff or weapon you erlier found to start the campain (for example if you restart the main campain, and you found the staff of dead the last time, you can now reselect it as start staff. giving you the staff regardless of the main staff of your robe, if you die, you get the main staff of the robe you have)

-Ability to select a robe with a different effect then the normal robe (for example adding the space robe effects to the +1 robe) so your powers wont be just limited to how you look (keeping the game interesting for a prolonged time as you cant go judge the enemy on there looks in PVP)

-meteor rain, please make that one stronger then it is now, its a shame it only does such minor damage.

-etherized spell, as a counterpart of coporialize, making the player and some enemy's able to turn into etherial form for a short amount of time, to evade damage

-bringing back the lava like spell that was apparently removed before the game was released, its a shame good idea's get removed, as i understand it was removed due to the fact that enemy's would just walk in it and drown in the lava, so making the lava just like a wall effect (setting anybody on fire that walks true it + slowing down there movement) would make it work witouth killing everybody so easy,

-mud, using earth + water + shield to create mud in front/around the player to slow down the enemy's, using cold on the mud when a enemy is in there to freeze there feet in the mud/hard ground, making them unable to move for a short time

-crash to desktop, when the player him/herself gets hit by Crash to Desktop spell, start a new FX that uses the crash to desktop visual, full screen (imitating the effect of a actual crash) and using only the smaller effect if a enemy/other player gets hit by it (why? course I and probably a lot of other people love these small details that make a game that much more fun XD)
perhaps also making it work on bosses (making them fall apart like shards of data)
mainly making it a slight cheat spell as the ultimate gamble spell.

-Grimnir and Assatur robes?

-Fixing random CTD's for campaigns like Dungeons and Demons while playing

-Less enemy's using fire, I can beat nearly every campaign using the flaming robes that absorb fire damage, as most enemy's will resort to setting me on fire.

sorry for the large amount of questions/suggestions, i only have the game 3 days but i keep thinking about what would be cool to have in the game XD
Don't get me wrong, the game is very awesome, its a shame i only discovered the game this late.
I love the game and i hope it will still get updates + making it more friendly to single player's (as at this point i don't have a lot of choice to play alone, tough I admit its the first game i ran into that makes single player a huge challenge XD)

BUG NOTE:
other side of the coin has a bug, Vlad in the final fight should have a healing weakness, as i was fighting, he got no damage from any healing spells, but he was still healed by arcane, making beating him impossible.
on top of that its unballanced, as alucart gains damage from arcane and healing, while vlad heals by arcane and now has full healing immunity,
Alucart should eather be healed by arcane too, or vlad should also gain damage from arcane, making both of them equals,
considering on how the glove of vlad works, i would say Alucard needs to be healed by arcane,

current game vercion is 1.4.13.1

Last edited: