• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Never make changes to the vanilla files in the vanilla folders. They'll just be overwritten the next time Paradox issues a patch. Always make a mod to make your changes. You just need to make a mod file and a folder to place your modded files in... in the appropriate place in the directory tree, of course, so CK2 can find them.

You'll need different 00_cultures.txt files for vanilla+BLC, and CK2Plus+BLC. Vanilla's cultures aren't CK2Plus's cultures aren't Lux Invicta's cultures aren't HIP's cultures. Have you considered BLG as a more accessible alternative?

Thanks for the advice. I'll go back and undo my changes. I am not familiar with BLG.

Hm... looks like BLG is out of date, thought it had patched more recently than it has been. However there's PRP which is compatible with 2.1.6 (while DarkReborn is still working to update BLC for 2.1/our map expansion/the graphics changes introduced in the 2.1.5.x beta patches.)

Hm... looks like BLG is out of date, thought it had patched more recently than it has been. However there's PRP which is compatible with 2.1.6 (while DarkReborn is still working to update BLC for 2.1/our map expansion/the graphics changes introduced in the 2.1.5.x beta patches.)

Tried your advice on making my own mod file. Still running into the same issue of missing portraits for Andalusians, Spaniards, and Italians. Really have no idea what I am meant to change. Made sure that "Iberian" in 00_cultures in the mod included all the cultures in "Iberian" in 00_cultures in the vanilla folder. Just changed the lines to link to the correct colors/graphical cultures I wanted.

Google drive won't let me download music submod because it's either too big either was dowloading to many times, could you please upload it to better service?
well, the link isn't exactly ours anyway (and that submod isn't exactly something we made as well - it's Dorimi's), and we're reluctant to host it ourselves (because it doesn't exactly... "cites its sources", so to say).
that said, we do have our own permission-granted music that we use for LI itself that's attached to the main mod (once a properly vetted release is ready [ie. you can either use the SVN and/or richvh's v0.6k release - it's essentially the closest stablest build, sans proper documentation of all the changes so far { something I'm unable to fully work on because my thesis defence schedule keeps getting moved } ] )

I have question about BLC - is there a way to make it work without mediterrean faces DLC? Because you know, I prefer these ones from LI much more than ugly ones.

Good luck, riknap. And remember:

thesis_defense.png

BLC? It's a sub-mod you have to enable in the launcher. If you've enabled it, you disable it the same place.

DR has updated it (pretty sure it's currently compatible with 2.2.x), but Riknap has to take it from DR's lockbox, upload it somewhere public, and update the thread.

It is, but it's somewhere in .transfer your modding stuff here/### DarkReborn

A year ago, it looks like.

So is LI-BLC still useful, or will it only cause problems? I've been running it and haven't noticed any issues with the portraits. There have been a number of portrait DLCs since it was last updated however, so I'm not sure if it's even needed anymore with BLC integrated into LI already.

The BLC integrated into LI doesn't use any face pack DLC assets (@DarkReborn was making his own portrait assets), the separate one does.