• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about Mount Athos it's not a "real" state in many ways but i'm preaty sure that those monks didn't take part in a lot of combat. Too busy making great wines i guess.

They are ruled by Greece technically.

They are just having the same kind of autonomy as Canary islands or Åland has, which has never been considered enough to be considered it's own state. :)

I think the problem is that there are no written evidence regarding the history of aboriginals before Europeans arrived. They most likely had tribal warfare occasionally.

Arid enviroment, thinly spread population, no sophisticated written culture, no evident laws or highly evolved social hierarchy, meager chances of food for hunter / gatherer lifestyle?

You bet, a lot of skulls were cracked over the ability to pluck berries in some godforsaken bush.

I would have to say there is one way to solve this.

Answer: There is no true long lasting period of peace for any nation, civilization, people, culture, race, etc that had no conflict of any sort whatsoever.

Even during times of total peace, especially in Europe, there were usually underhand tactics and hidden schemes in the works.

War has been a constant throughout humanitys history, and I would find a better question to ask would be what is the longest stretch of time that NO ONE on earth was at WAR with anyone else.

That would be an interesting question to answer.

It was last in a war in 1870, when the Kingdom of Italy invaded and conquered it, and technically didn't reemerge as a state until Italy's Lateran Concordat of 1929.

Not to mention that it was also fighting throughout its existence prior to that.