• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Olav said:
Not much to say really. It's not very challenging anymore, so the last 15 years should be a cakewalk. Looking forward to see the end of this. :) I guess it's up to you to finish it, Emperor, as Brian doesn't have time, and Scipio and Dell have been inactive for quite some time now.
If you say so. However, don't expect an update too soon - I'm sorry, but I have a few exams within the nearest two weeks, and a medieval history competition final stage that I have to learn to. On the other hand, I'm getting a free week (theoretically mostly for learning) from my school's headmaster from 10.04 and I will have quite some time then. Which means, a bit more than a week from now until the last update ;). Is it OK?

Good going, btw. I think I would like to try and wage some serious wars, especially with the potential enemies being quite tough, and our LT being close to theirs. Just I'd like you to help me decide, what to do actually :D. The list of potential targets:
-Austria (obviously),
-France,
-Russia,
-Poland (which would be a cakewalk I presume),
-China.

No problem at all waiting a week or two. :)

I still bear a grudge against Austria, for all those DoWs on us. Russia has been quite non-aggressive towards us, while Poland, France and China are perhaps too far away to fight against. So in other words, I suggest beating Austria a little. :)

Last round, last turn!

It's been a while since this succession game had any activity... it would be too bad to let it be unfinished with only fifteen years to go. So I decided to end it once and for all. :)

I started the turn with annexing Yemen in March 1805. They're Shiite after all. That left us with Bulgaria and Albania as allies and vassals.

I didn't really want to start a grand war against any of the European majors. That would have taken too much planning and time. :p Instead, I looked west to our Sunni neighbours of Tunisia and Morocco. War was declared in January 1807. Tunisia was the only real target (my plan was only force-conversion), as Morocco had a province in the interior of Africa that I couldn't reach.

47000 troops were unloaded at the Tunisian capital, while a 27000 men strong army attacked Cyrenaica. All Tunisian provinces were captured by assaults, but many men were lost in the process. I think I recruited almost 150000 men in Isfahan during the war, to reinforce the two attacking armies.

59734258io2.jpg

In 1809 the war ended when Atlas was captured, and Tunisia was converted to the true faith. We also got Cyrenaica and Tripolitania in the deal. White peace was signed with Morocco shortly afterwards.

The Safavid Empire had now only one Sunni neighbour, and that was Gujarat. I had to break a MA agreement to send a DoW to them. The war started in February 1812, and Vijayanagar joined their side (they were also Sunni). Seems like it would be two force-conversions for the price of one!

36691320mb0.jpg

Just like with Tunisia, the war was quite simple. Gujarat had to convert to Shiite in October. We also got our MA back. :D With Gujarat out of the way, I could send the army down to Vijayanagar. They had a 50000 men large army, but that didn't create any problems.

16435233kb2.jpg

80000 men from Isfahan speeded up the invasion considerably. The last province, Bangalore, was captured in July 1815. Vijayanagar had to convert. No more Sunnis in India! The rest of the game until 1820 was only waiting. Some maps from the end:

51584275tu0.jpg

France in Algerie

56982873tg6.jpg

35929008hn4.jpg

49688086bb5.jpg

Religion:
91160378do6.jpg

19876205jf7.jpg

10jx1.jpg

Morocco, Sus, Timbuktu and some minors in Indonesia were the only Sunnis left!

And a nice little graph:

scandcj6.jpg

France had about the same size as us throughout the whole game.

Final Results:

1 6908 Safavid Empire!
2 5321 Spain
3 2382 Portugal
4 2353 Russia
5 2032 Austria

No wonder we got lots of points from Battles and Peace.
We were earning 409 ducats each month, 100 more than #2, Spain.

Final BB was 65/86.

I just want to thank all of you that participated and/or commented in this succession game. It wouldn't be possible to get through this game without you! ;)

I would really like to hear your opinions on the game, rules, etc. If there's enough positive feedbacks, I might start a new SG in the autumn (if nobody else does in the mean time, of course). I have always wanted to try a WC in EUII, and a SG would be a nice way to accomplish that. :)

By the way, the Friesland AAR is on hold for a few weeks/months more, as I'm busy working now...

Hehe, you got down to this the very day I've reminded myself that I ought to play/write this and was about to start actually! ;) Very good to see this finished at last - and in a great style too!
Thank you, Olav, for running this succession game for its entirety - if it weren't for you, it would never get as far as it did.
As for the rules - I liked them a lot, discussing with other players the strategies and goals for each next turn seemed very reasonable. I enjoyed both watching the game and playing it - which I did only within the last few decades of the game.
Once again, congratulations to Olav and all other players who contributed to the game, and of course to the readers, contributing so much (especially in motivation) to the AAR itself! :)

As to the next one - I will surely be willing to take part - if only I have enough time, for in the autumn the next series of competitions at Polish schools start, and the prizes are as high as getting free (i.e. no exams - studying at universities is free of charge in Poland) admission to most universities... School itself might as well pose a problem, as this is going to be my final year there, but still - we'll see. Make sure to let me know (PM) once you do start the next succession game!

Congratulations, great game, fine achievements.

I've enjoyed reading this a lot and only took it off my subscribe list a week or so ago - thought it had finished quietly, glad it didn't .

Well done to all involved, especially Olav for keeping the whole thing moving forward.

Hey, you finally finished this up! I'm glad to see it brought to its rightful completion.

Nice tear in the last years, Olav. Maybe not as sexy as our talk about vassalizing Austria or Russia, but seeing that Shiite teal through Asia and Africa is pretty impressive. I like the graph at the end. Seeing the massive army that the Russians had at one point really makes me feel better that we managed to get a favorable peace with them. :D

Olav, I want to thank you for starting this and leading this throughout its run. If time permits the opportunity, I'd gladly take part, at least in some degree in another succession game, should you wish to start another in the future.

I'll also express my thanks to all of my other fellow players, regulars, visitors, and fill-ins, and the loyal readers who followed this through to the end.