• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well what i was thinking was that if mexico chooses miliyary expansion in their event choice, then this set of events occurs. If not they should be turned off. I am also thinking it would be best that if they win their land back, then they should go south after. A possible alliance between central and united provinces should be made to fight back. Maybe even involvement by the entente powers? -Leon

I have some remarks about your Mexico-events:

First of all, Mexico lost its territories above the Rio Grande deep in the 19th century. Is it still realistic for them to claim lands that have been thoroughly Americanized since then? California especially would be very unlikely to be incorporated into Mexico.

Second, Mexico is a syndicalist state in the Mod, with a small chance of some generals couping the government. Wouldn't some events for Mexico to join the war on the CSA's side make more sense than independent action?

Would you send it to me too? Actually I am working on the Qing and that would be useful. (Well I was the one who changed the picture of Pu-Yi, hope I won't get killed for that :D )

Sure thing ;)

*No I won't kill you, hopefully*

I would add other remarks:
- dissent -100 is totally absurd, it's probably a typo, it should be -10, -15 at most;
- I am against USA gaining cores on Mexico and viceversa, it doesn't make sense to me;

Second, Mexico is a syndicalist state in the Mod, with a small chance of some generals couping the government. Wouldn't some events for Mexico to join the war on the CSA's side make more sense than independent action?

I could be wrong, but during the civil war Mexico has the opportunity to attack the Pacific States of America if they are not allied to anyone and not at war with anyone else. There are already peace events between Mexico and PSA (which can gain cores on Baja California if I'm not wrong) and even peace events between Mexico and USA, but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
What about a few different paths:
A)Most likely-Mexico doesn't get involved to much in the US civil war, maybe a few support events but no direct involvement.
B)Least Likely-Mexico attacks any and all parties (Maybe you could choose who to attack) and gets cores on their old provinces.
C)Moderate chance-Mexico helps the CSA and when the civil war ends, an event chain starts that decides what Mexico gets.
-They may get a few provinces, or maybe they get some monetary thanks.
-Mexico gets a fair bit of land (Less likely than above)
-Mexico demands a lot of land, which may lead tor:
-Mexico doesn't follow through with their demands, relations are damaged a bit
-CSA folds to Mexico's demands, relations are damaged pretty substantially.
-War, Mexico get some cores, relations are damaged a lot (Did you need me to tell you that? :p)

There is already an existing event where Mexico can send aid to the CSA:
Code:
### Mexico sends volunteers and equipment/ if CSA controls Washington
event = {
  id = 7040602
  random = 0
  country = MEX
  trigger = {
       exists = CSA
	control = { province = 606 data = CSA }
	atwar = CSA
	atwar = NO
	government = communist
  }
  name = "American Civil War"
  desc = "America has devolved into civil war and we must help our brothers in the CSA"
  style = 0
  date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
  offset = 3
  deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year= 1947 }
  action_a = {
       name = "Send the volunteers and equipment"
       ai_chance = 60
       command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
	command  = { type = setflag which = ACW_MEX_FULL }
  }
  action_b = {
       name = "Send only equipment"
       ai_chance = 30
       command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
	command = { type = setflag which = ACW_MEX_HALF }
  }
  action_c = {
	name = "We should not get involved"
	ai_chance = 10
	command = { type = dissent value = 3 }
  }
}

Well, included in the Nanjing Government minister file is also the likes of Wu Peifu, a guy quite essential to the Qing (tech team and minister).

But yes, both Chen Gongbo and Chu Munyi are also in the NG minister file. However, given that Wang Kemin (one of the big fish when it comes to Hanjian) is available as HoG and other posts, I think it quite plausible for them to be involved in the reformed, aggressive government of Puyi.

That's true. Well then there are just two with who I disagree: Duan Qirui and Zhang Xueliang in '37 pool. Duan is quite old and in real life he died in the end of 1936. And for Xueliang it's too early in 1937 to be a Qing minister (at that time there is still Fengtien where his father is in charge. Why would he trait him and join the Qings? (I know that he is a Qing general from the start of the scenario, but I will take him out or put him to a later pool.)

Why do CSA have so bad navy techs?
Shouldn't some of USA techs be there? :cool:

I suspect the reason is that the CSA doesn't start with any coastal provinces. I hope to confirm this issue through more testing & have a fix included in the final release of v1.2. :)

That's true. Well then there are just two with who I disagree: Duan Qirui and Zhang Xueliang in '37 pool. Duan is quite old and in real life he died in the end of 1936. And for Xueliang it's too early in 1937 to be a Qing minister (at that time there is still Fengtien where his father is in charge. Why would he trait him and join the Qings? (I know that he is a Qing general from the start of the scenario, but I will take him out or put him to a later pool.)

I based both on the rather shaky background that they were able to be appointed as leaders (and Xueling, as you say, starts out as commander of a six division stack) for the Qing.

Is the most recent version of Kaiserreich for Doomsday still available somewhere? I don't do Arma....

The newest versions of Kaiserreich are all Arma and have been so for a while. It should be possible to convert the Arma-version to one able to run on Doomsday by cutting out some content, although I am not completely sure what needs to be removed.

In a game as National France the year is 1940 and the USA has not been in the second civil war while having Nance Garner as president. I had been told this was impossible. Is bug? Or is there a way for the Union to survive without a war?

BetaV was released in two versions, one for DD and one for Arma. But I don't know where to look for it.

I could never find it, and only owning DD I have ran beta IV - writing ones own events is not so hard however.

I do have AoD though, so expect my next game to be a KR AoD patch. ;)