• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry if this has been asked before (I went back 10 pages) but is the "USA surrenders" event bugged?

I've played as both republican and democrat usa: both times I essentially focus on the Eastern seaboard and let the PSA run rampant in the midwest. Both times, even when I've taken cities like NY, Philadelphia, and a good chunk of the AUS I get hit with the "USA surrenders" event in July 1937 which deletes all my units but actually doesn't end the game.

Is this WAD? I think I was doing well (taking all of NE but losing low industry midwest provinces) Am I supposed to ditch washington and focus on holding the Denver/midwest to avoid this event?

Does Canada turn into the UK after the annexation of the Union of B. ?

Just as the post above I don't know if it's been asked before (and if it was, sorry).

No worries. :) Canada does not turn into the UK if it annexes the Union of Britain. However, the next beta release will include a whole new event system, with leaders, etc., dealing with the liberation of the UK.

When can we expect the new beta,and will the new bta include new map/bored with old one ;)/ ?

Well, honestly it has taken a while so I feel it is quite reasonable to put forward such a question. It would be reassuring if you could tell us that you are doing progress, and that there are people still working with it.

I think it's will be released in the end of this month. (Without the map)

Announcement
The new version of the Kaiserreich Mod (BetaV) will be released in the first half of May. Changes will include:
- new "Liberation of the UK" events, with transfer of ministers, leaders and tech teams from Canada to the newborn United Kingdom and elections events for the new country
- many changes for the Italian Federation and the Republic of the Sicilies: new ministers, tech teams and events
- new domestic events for the Commune of France
- new surrender/peace events for many wars (Canada surrendering to CSA or Union of Britain for example)
- lots of flavour events
- fixed many bugs

And much much more! Wait and see!

I am a big fan of this project and I cannot wait for the new release. Glad you're adding a Liberation of the UK event. I've made my own UK event last week but I had a problem with Canada's tech research freezing when changing country tag after annexing UoB. Will be nice to see how it is done properly :eek:

I noticed that when the Union changes it's wievs from Syndicalist/Bolshevik to something rightist the only thing that happens is that the Hos and HoG changes from (in my case) Oswald Mosley/Oswald Mosley to Edward VII/Stanley Baldwin.

I think it would be great if a revolution would happen while the WW II is going on leading to UB changing into a nationalist dictatorship of Great Britain. Then some events adding cores on Ireland and possible choices in expansion. (America, Africa or Asia.)

Just an idea I had while playing.

Oh. And I'm glad I'll be able to bring the royal family back to London.

No worries. :) Canada does not turn into the UK if it annexes the Union of Britain. However, the next beta release will include a whole new event system, with leaders, etc., dealing with the liberation of the UK.

It would be nice if an Imperial Federation lead from Westminster were to be an option. After all Canada is already full of British exiles who have been there for at least a decade not to mention it already has a House of Lords.

Great Ahistorical mod. Would it be ok if I modded this mod. Basically, making it where the 1st American Civil War never occurs. Instead, when the South left the Union. Germany, hoping to gain an ally in the New World and also keep Great Britain and the Monroe Doctrine in check, recognize the Confederates creating a cold war like environment between the North and the South preventing them from entering WWI for fear of a civil war.

I am a big fan of this project and I cannot wait for the new release. Glad you're adding a Liberation of the UK event. I've made my own UK event last week but I had a problem with Canada's tech research freezing when changing country tag after annexing UoB. Will be nice to see how it is done properly :eek:

The issue with research freezing is a bug in the game itself. :( The way the events are arranged is that you set the UK free, & then have an opportunity to pause, save, & reload as the UK if desired. Not particularly elegant, but the only way around the research bug.

It would be nice if an Imperial Federation lead from Westminster were to be an option. After all Canada is already full of British exiles who have been there for at least a decade not to mention it already has a House of Lords.

It would be interesting, but my approach to the scenario is that if the UK was liberated, most of the Britons in Canada would promptly return home. In addition, the fact that Canada (and the other dominions) have been on their own for at least a decade would make them even more independent-minded in the KR timeline than historically, and thus even less likely to accept central direction from London.

The issue with research freezing is a bug in the game itself. :( The way the events are arranged is that you set the UK free, & then have an opportunity to pause, save, & reload as the UK if desired. Not particularly elegant, but the only way around the research bug.

Yeah, the only solution I could come up with was to cancel research and then annex UoB firing the UK event, which seemed to work iirc. Had hoped there was a better way of doing it.