• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kicking the British out of the Med might be feasible, but you'll have to redirect your forces to the eastern Front sooner or later or Stalin will knock on Rome's gates.

June-August - Project SA?....

Benito was being driven to the Italian Parliament in rome, it was a sunny day, the light was sharp, almost blinding Benito as he looked out the window.. but as they drove past the Colloseum the sun was blocked and Benito could look out on the streets without getting blinded by the sunlight, it had been an exhausting year so far, and the heat in the summer didnt help the matter,
As they finally arrived at the Italian Parliament, and Benito stepped out of the car, a messenger came out of the Parliament with a message for Benito Mussolini saying that Vittorio had demanded this to be delivered immidieatly to the Duce.
Benito of course took the letter thanking the young facist messenger, and then thinking to himself..
<why is it only Vittorio and Giam sending me letters?... why not some of my other ministers?>
Benito then walked into his office inside the Parliament building, found his letter opener and opened the letter...
To my Friend and Duce Benito Mussolin

First of let me thank you for our meeting discussing the matter of Project SA...

But i also have a report to give you in this letter, our war in North africa is going VERY well..
on the 17th of June our armies finished liberating all of Libya,
2011-09-29_00001.jpg

Taking a some POW's even, atleast that is soldiers we need not worry about.. for now..
However.. as our troops began marching into British controlled Egypt, Allied resistance grew.
2011-09-29_00003.jpg

Though obviously not enough to counter any Italian war efforts.
the Italian troops counter attacked shortly after the cowardly attack on defenseless soldiers by the British..
2011-09-29_00005.jpg

As our armies began counter attacking i quickly sent out orders to Sieze Neighbouring regions to El Iskandariya before closing in on the city.
2011-09-29_00007.jpg

The Italian Cavalry would as always lead the charge into the battles.
GoumiermotantenligneenItalie.jpg

By the first of July preperations for Project SA was underway..

Benito Yawned loudly and looked over the lenght of the letter, and decided that he'd read the rest later, as he was putting the letter from Vittorio on the Desk, he saw a new letter in his Inbox took it and saw it was from the Head of Intelligence; Domenico

To Duce Benito Mussolini

Greetings my Duce, i send this letter as a report of Recent rumours both in Italy and on the International stage...

First off i must inform you of worrysome news from London, it seems the British goverment has begun a Heavy mobilization and Armament production.. Even british politicians are given weapons in the fight against us.. US!
Churchill_Tommy_Gun.jpg

Here is a Picture one of our agents managed to get of Churchill training his shot...

There is also Important news that you might want to send to Gian since it could effect our foreign policy.. because it seems! according to rumours, wich is almost always true.. Herr Hitler and Prime-Minister Churchill had a poker night in Paris... without inviting You.. Benito mussolini!
churchill_hitler.jpg

I suggest a hard line towards these kind of game nights between Churchil and Hitler, if nothing else tey should invite you Duce Mussolini.. then we can be sure hitler won't loose everything by a turn of luck..

wich reminds me, the Head of Security asked me to inform you that he has managed to Protect Project SA from any leaks.. meaning the entire world will be in shock when we unleash Project SA on the world..

But this concludes my report, Til we meet next time Duce.

From Domenico Head of Intelligence.​

As Benito finished reading Domenico's letter, he couldent help but let a little chuckle come out, yet he looked back at the letter from Vittorio and his light smile with a chuckle on the lips quickly died away.. Thinking to him self... <better read this all the way through now..> as he was picking up the letter to resume reading, his Secretary came into the office saying there was a person out in the waiting room saying he had a time with the duce..

the Duce nodded and said "let him in" as the Tall man walked into the Office, Mussolini stood up and reached for the mans hand saying
"it is good to finally meet you, Vittorio has spoken very highly of you, and i hope you can help with Project SA" The man shooked hands with Benito and nodded saying "I will certainly do my Best Duce."

Project SA?.. Continued

-After 2 hours of talking in Mussolini's office

"i am Happy we've got u leading Project SA mister Balbo, its properly our best chance of succes"
Balbo nods in appriciation and responds
"The honor is mine El Duce, now i will return to Veniza to continue the Preperations"
the two shake hands and greet eachother good bye, as Balbo leaves Mussolini decides it high time he finishes the letter from Vittorio.. rather than delaying it

By the 7th of july Balbo arrived in Veniza, and begun setting up the operations.
2011-09-29_00011.jpg

This project is as far as i believe.. our only real hope that remains..
The British are no real challenge to us, Even when attacking with Supiriour air power they are no match for our invincible armies. one of their latest attempts happend around the 9th of July, Though they stood no chance against the Italian Troops in Tripoli
2011-09-29_00012.jpg

Wich is one of the reasons we've begun Transporting a good portion of our Military personel from North africa to Veniza to be part of Project SA.

though it seems the Germans have succesfully taken Oran in Algeria This would surely help Future Italian paratroopers with invading Gibraltar..
2011-09-29_00013.jpg

Though already by the 10th of July.. Project SA begun redeployment it was to be stationed in Northern Poland..
2011-09-29_00014.jpg

Though only days after the redeployment begun, News reached my Army HQ that the USSR have crossed the Romanian border...
2011-09-29_00018.jpg

But Project SA would not be redirected to counter the USSR forces in Romania.. Meaning by the 21st of July Project SA was almost at the planned destinations
2011-09-29_00020.jpg

This is also the day the British lost the Egyptian Capital to our supiriour Armed forces
2011-09-29_00021.jpg

Shortly after Orders were sent down the chain, and Troops begun spreading out to Secure the Suez
2011-09-29_00022.jpg

By the 24th however New orders were Given to Project SA they would now be redeployed to Lithaunia,
2011-09-29_00023.jpg

Project SA faced its first Engagement around the 3rd of August,
2011-09-29_00025.jpg

on the Defensive Project SA didnt seem to be doing very well, Though the offense seemed to be going abit better.

on the same Eve the defensive fight against the USSR was going worse by the minute, troops had rapidly sought to come to the aid of their fellow italians
2011-09-29_00026.jpg

Though to no real porpuse, on the evening of the 4th of August, the Italian Units where forced to retreat.
2011-09-29_00027.jpg

bersaglieri.jpg

But on another Theater a few Divisions worth of troops arrived to the Romanian Capital around the 6-8th of August, at the same time as the USSR was closing in to the Capital.. of course we cannot allow these rich oil fields fall into the USSR hands..
2011-09-29_00028.jpg

But i'm afraid to say this.. but it would seem that currently?.. we have no chance of beating back the USSR..
Soviet-Soldiers_1471600c.jpg

By god.. they almost send more people at us then we can produce bullets to cut them down..

Maybe we should attempt to invade them through the black sea to divert some forces, maybe giving the germans some time to re organize?..
Alas.. my Duce, my friend... this concludes my Report..

Best Regards Your loyal friend
Vittorio.

Dropping the letter on his desk, his mind puzzled.. is his General loosing faith in the war? the very forespeaker for the war... but it seems to late to change the path. He mutters to himself "Italy will fight to the end.. surely?"

this is a great AAR! would be truly remarkable if you could revive the situation in USSR.

this is a great AAR! would be truly remarkable if you could revive the situation in USSR.

Cheers, and i fear it will be very doubtfull :p

What is that army doing up there? Wouldn't it be more sensible to use your forces in one spot?

Trying to hold the Ruskies back? =p honoestly i was tierd when i put these wheels into motion so the plan is not well thought of =p

No mara nastrum?... you're sure?

Well im sorry to say this but this AAR is ended, i've grown bored of it mainly due to my abit not well thought out strategy in the beginning of the game^^;;

Though i would be able to hold of the USSR from italy it self i wont be able to continue this game because its basicly lost :p

Properly wasnt the best idea to pick up another Italian game so soon after the other :p
But alas i hope u guys enjoyed the Corrospondence between mainly Vittorio and Mussolini :p (Vittorio Veneto was sunk so that was kind of a morale crusher too :( )

though i came up with a short story telling of the last days of the war in Europe :O

Even Spartacus lost..
People was running around in the hallways, Gian had just left the Parliament building after informing the Parliament... that the German Reich had collapsed under the weight of the Bolsheviks.. this caused Havoc in the Parliament.. since it now meant that Italy stood alone against the Soviet union in Europe..

All looked towards Vittorio who had been awfully quite during Gians speech, he took the stool, and said..
"Our allies have fallen, and we stand alone only protected by small forts and french forts... these forts.. while they give us time, we do not have the same hordes of people to throw at a wall as they do.. We must work towards surrendering to the allies, rather then the Bolsheviks.."

the Parliament turned to him and begun questioning him about the war, as to get information regarding what has been going on..

Including the Incident of Brazil defeating the Italian garrison in Gibraltar, effectively opening up the med for the British to destroy more convoys.

and the matter of the Failed Project SA was also under lined, Though to this Vittorio could only respond one way
"While it is true, they failed to save our allies, They are now the ones that protect our very homes! they stand their ground at Venize and inside the French forts on our Western border, while they failed to kick the bolsheviks back from Prussia, they succed more and more every day as they hold the Bolsheviks back.."

The parliament of course did not know how to respond to this..
after long debate in parliament with Vittorio.. it ended as Mussolini stood up from his chair, and walked towards the stool..
All in the parliament watched the Duce closely as he walked towards the stool
silence had fallen over the parliament hall.

as he got to the Stool he gave Vittorio a hand shake and took the stool as Vittorio went back to his seat.

Mussolini now fumbling abit with some papers, begun;

"Dear Assembled, we are gathered here today, not to debate whats been done, but to figure out what to do next.
We stand at a cross roads, we either choose to fight to the death like Spartacus, or try to get out of this situation as good as we can! Therefore i suggest my fellow Facists, we Negotiate with the Allies.. a peace treaty, if we get peace with them surely the bolsheviks will accept our peace.."

The Parliament was shocked to hear this suggestion, some even stood up protesting such notions, However Mussolini announced he had already come to terms with the British Foreign minister...

As Parliament was in session, a Young messenger ran into the parliament, yelling out the Soviets had broken through the Venizian Defense.

As a response Mussolini quickly contacted the British foreign ministry and accepted to surrender under any terms..

And that was how it happened, that North and South Italy was formed.. forever in struggle.. Shelling eachothers part of Sardinia in protest to the other.. a United Italy seemed unrealistic in the far forseeable future..