Is there any way to make launcher ignore certain directories like .git when uploading a mod?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eliv_

Recruit
4 Badges
Jul 3, 2022
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
If not, will developers add this feature? Or is there any api that allows me to upload mod to steam workshop so that I can make a program that could do this work?

Every time I have to drag .git out of my mod directory when I upload my mod. It's quite annoying.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I don't believe so, but I'll move you to the forum where the launcher developers hang out.

If not, will developers add this feature? Or is there any api that allows me to upload mod to steam workshop so that I can make a program that could do this work?

Every time I have to drag .git out of my mod directory when I upload my mod. It's quite annoying.
I don't have a proper answer, but there's a workaround, you can nest your mod one folder deeper. So your mod_name lives in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Game Name/mod/mod_name/mod_name.

Make sure your descriptor says path="mod/mod_name/mod_name"

Then you can have .git, .gitignore, etc. in the top level folder. I also put mod asset stuff in there, like for example a text file with the workshop description, thumbnail as a file with layers. All of that will be version controlled (good) but not uploaded to the steam workshop (also good). The end user just gets the nested folder.

Here's an example

Reactions: