• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
With all the social networking, do you see yourself releasing something like a Hoi-lite or something for Facebook/etc.?

Or a CK-lite with all the scheming, etc.?

That would be cool actually.

Both. Publishing is a big arm for Paradox, and is definitely an area for large growth potential. However, their core backbone is the grand strategy games, and with the money coming in from publishing, Paradox could end up buying other studios in the future, expanding it's base. Maybe not, who knows really, but the potential is quite large.

Correct. We are looking for different kinds of growth opportunities, but the grand strategy games remain our core.

It's hardly surprising that digital download sales have made more money than retail sales when the only way to obtain the most recent titles is via digital download. I purchased retail boxed versions of Hearts of Iron III, Europa Universalis III, as well as the entire Hearts of Iron II series and I can't buy the latest expansions for any of them except via digital download. Somehow that just doesn't seem right.

The reason is the difficulty to get placement on store shelf and the costs of printing boxed expansion. It just does not make financial sense unless you are a publishing giant. You can choose to look at it this way - since most expansion eventually make it into printed boxes (Collections etc) you can wait and get your boxed expansion from retail or get it immediately via digital retail. Now that's freedom of choice in my book :)