• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Neither John nor Drake will be playing, barring some unexpected and sudden changes.

As for MM, that all remains to be seen. The last EU spinoff is still largely unstable for MP, so organizing any sort of campaign for that is in my view somewhat premature. Weekends are also right out for me, so...

Though, we're currently only at 4, maybe 5 people interested in this campaign, with very little feedback, so I have to wonder if this is going to get off the ground.

TC,

Yeah, turns out there's no need to worry about Magna Mundi for the time being, I'm afraid.

As I say, I'd probably be more interested in a classic game (original map), but for something like this it'll probably be at least a couple weeks before I can commit.

I had a problem with the Protestant event as Swabia, it said it would convert all my german provinses but they stayed catholic. Same with later conversions, despite my state religion being protestant it didn't turn the religion from Catholic to Protestant.

That's odd. I just went and fired it without trouble. Either way, in case the problem persists, we can always fix it via save edits. By the way, how big did you get by the Reformation?

@ HoG: Any chance you could be more specific? Ideally, I want to start this week, or otherwise next week. I want to get as much playing done before late August when I start grad school and I'll either need to reschedule the game or drop out.

As for everyone else, I assume Wednesday is an acceptable time? Pepsi told me on ICQ he'd like to join, though he hasn't posted like I asked...

So, how does Wednesday from 20:00 CET to 24:00 CET sound?

Currently, our roster stands at:

TC Pilot: Undecided (leaning toward Byzantium, Burgundy, or Scotland, depending on how the rest pick)
Urko: Al-Andalus
Aladar: Swabia (I guess my sales pitch worked)
Imperator_POL: ???
Delian: Nordridge or Teutonic Order

If Pepsi joins, that'll give us 6, which should be about sufficient to fill up Europe enough without leaving many enormous gaps. If HoG joins, with seven, so much the better.

Well decent size but Bavaria is hell for the first 100 years because it can easily raise more than 150k troops and the Swabia support is somewhat less. Hungary got to a scary size with 30 provinses as well i think.

If Al-Andalus and Swabia are set, i would advocate TO (which would be my 2nd choice) as well as something in the french/occitan/burgundian area and something in the southeast like Byz or the other majors down there and Scotland.

That will give everyone plenty of room to expand in (actually alot) and give us a chance to match An-Andalus.

Yeah, support limits for the AI can get a bit wacky. I didn't go after Bavaria until inheriting Milan, who fortunately had 150k troops of their own for me to use.

I too would prefer Teutonic Order to Nordridge for delian. It's got the cores and cultures to basically become a Catholic Russia.

Hungary likely won't be as scary with a player TO and a player Byz. Both of its natural routes of expansion will be contested that way.

Actually, having just played as Wessex briefly again, I'm going to suggest Wessex as an entirely plausible option instead of Scotland. Within the first 5 years, I managed to take back all of England (except for Brittany's 1 province) and did so without losing a single battle or taking out a single loan for armies. A combination of Henry V and Bedford, plus all-plains, is absolutely killer against the AI.

Plus, conquering all of England activates Wessex's variation of Marlborough, Nelson, and Wellington, who I'm pretty sure are completely unrivaled in-game.

I too would prefer Teutonic Order to Nordridge for delian. It's got the cores and cultures to basically become a Catholic Russia.

hello. sorry for my loss of activity, if been out of town and had no internet.

I agree with you, if we are this few players i'll concider TO. becacuse it got alot more cores, and cultures. but i disslike that they can turn into ortho tech group.

And the gameday, wednesday is absolutly the best for me, can play every wednesday. otherwise thuesday and thursday could work, but i will however miss 2gamedays this summer then.

Edit; Imperator, didnt you say that Adi was going to join the campign aswell?

Edit 2; I see TO can form Kurland, so... if i get it right the KUR events are in the TO file, but does it relly benefit the country itself to change tag?

Last edited:
Hell, why not?

Do we play tomorrow?

I'd like Byznatium.

EDIT: Would it be possible to bump down the game time by an hour or two? I think 20:00-24:00 is 2-6 EST, which is cutting it a bit close for me.

Also, can we add the land 5 rule? And a force-peace rule? Ban exploits, etc.

Oh, and I can host.

Last edited:
Edit 2; I see TO can form Kurland, so... if i get it right the KUR events are in the TO file, but does it relly benefit the country itself to change tag?

From the look of things, Teutonic Order gets hit rather hard by the Reformation, but it looks like Kurland has its own instability later on. To be honest, I don't see this getting any worse than the wars of religion in France or England historically.

Do we play tomorrow?

I'd like to, but without Pepsi or Imperator showing much activity, we'll probably have to wait until next week.

I'll add rules later on. But for now, they'll likely be pretty much what we've all come to expect from MP these days.

As for the time, Imperator said he couldn't start until 20:00 (I'm assuming CET). If you need it, I'm fine with bumping down the end time though. But, given that he hasn't posted in awhile, I don't know if he's still going to play.

I'm interested (paradox's curse rears it's ugly head). Though I need some clarification on time, is it 20:00 CET or CEST? We Europeans are on summertime at the moment. I guess I also need Hamachi? I'll try to get everything ready for tonight!

I suppose I mean CEST, whichever is +6 hours from Eastern Standard and +7 Central Standard.

We will indeed be using Hamachi. Please download it in preparation for the game, although we don't yet have a channel set up to join.

I'd very much like to get started today, but still no word from Pepsi or Imperator_Pol. Can someone try getting in touch with them?

@ Van Engel: What country would you like?

Edit - by the way, I'll pick Burgundy.

Last edited:
I've set up a new Hamachi network. Title: EU2Interregnum, password: 12345

It's only got a player limit of 5, but I think it'll give a good measure of who is ready to play and not.

It's looking very likely we'll have to postpone until next week, but we can still test connections and plot the detruction of those who haven't shown up yet.

changed my mind, I might end up playing Mamelusk instead :)

Edit; If i chose Mamelusk, i think it should be upgraded to at least orthodox tech. Muslimtech would have a hard time compeating with latintech

Last edited:
It looks as though MAM gets orthodox tech by the end of the 1400's. Considering your nearest rival, Byzantium, has orthodox tech until, at best, 1530, and can lose it by losing Apulia/Naples, and since Mameluks start out with one of the most expansive acceted cultures, I don't know if that's neccesary. In the last campaign, Mats was able to stand his own with a BYZ and CAL player breathing down his neck.

A couple general thoughts:
-Should we keep the 5 land/naval rule, or discard it? Glancing through the old Interregnum thread, apparently there are events for things like exploration based on slider positions. Given that this is alt-history, without any predestined path and with a lot of the typical EU2 elements tossed out, one has to ask if it's really neccesary at this point.
-Rome. Control of Rome allows the owner to dictate whether or not the Alternate Reformation happens. Should we ban human ownership of Rome, at least until the Reformation starts, or just toss out the Alt-Reformation entirely? Or leave it in the hands of the players?
Edit - as an addendum to the above, if the Alternate Reformation does occur, and either a Catholic power controls Rome or a Protestant power controls Munich, all countries with the opposite religion will be hit with an event giving them a choice to convert en masse or to have some negative stability and a few provinces convert.

Last edited:
It looks as though MAM gets orthodox tech by the end of the 1400's. Considering your nearest rival, Byzantium, has orthodox tech until, at best, 1530, and can lose it by losing Apulia/Naples, and since Mameluks start out with one of the most expansive acceted cultures, I don't know if that's neccesary. In the last campaign, Mats was able to stand his own with a BYZ and CAL player breathing down his neck.

As we both know im not mats :laugh: and as i saw from the previous thread CAL didnt have a player the first 1-2sessions

Should we keep the 5 land/naval rule, or discard it? Glancing through the old Interregnum thread, apparently there are events for things like exploration based on slider positions. Given that this is alt-history, without any predestined path and with a lot of the typical EU2 elements tossed out, one has to ask if it's really neccesary at this point.

How about we have slider 5 as standard, and we can change it like +-1 or 2 (that will make land/navelslider to 4-6 or 3-7)