• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the comments guys, Especially MrT.

I will try and have the first chapter up later today. Screen shots may have to wait awhile for technical issues with web space.

Wow, a character driven AAR already. :)

I will stick with the game events for the moment and save the character driven ones for when my current one is finished.

Looking forward to reading more of the AAR here. :)

It was twilight over the Quisqaequhuynuck as ol' 'Paw' Stonewall parked his trusty jalopy by the white picket fence, to be greeted by Donny and Li'l Marlene. Momentarily surprised not to see his faithful smellhound, Duke, gambolling up beside them, he reminded himself Duke was incapacitated with a rare form of canine pellagra and was like as not still in a coma. His son's embrace was tight. Too tight. Donny was worried and at that moment Paw knew that something was wrong.

'Gee daddy' said Donny, disentangling himself from his father, 'it appears the German Fuehrer, reacting to domestic pressure, has replaced his lacklustre armaments minister Hjalmar Schacht with a personal favourite, the charming and competent Albert Speer! That Speer has authorised the production of an '88-armed FlakPanzer, capable of acting as a mobile artillery platform, and that production can begin inside of three months!'

A sudden chill struck ol' 'Paw' as the implications sank in.

'Sweet Mary Anne! And all this on the heels of that Iron Guard coup in Bucharest! These are dangerous times, children... dangerous times.' He stepped through the screen door to be greeted with a miasma that told him Lucy, his darling wife, had burnt the dinner, possibly as a reaction to Donny's revelation. Or maybe it was because she'd heard the latest news from Damascus, where French colonial forces were battling a major uprising, possibly because she was on the phone to Aunt Martha who was an authority on Japanese naval doctrines.

Seriously, it's a great idea :D Good luck.

That's one pretty intelligent family, Snuggs. Are they also discussing the implications of the red menace?

New Years Edition of the New York Times:

State of the nation report:
January 1,1936. The President vigorously denies reports that he is planning a cabinet shuffle.
Stating that he is very happy with the current staff he went on to revue there names and positions.

We have provided a summary below along with a label on their agendas.

HOS = Franklin D. Roosevelt
HOG = Franklin D. Roosevelt
Foreign Minister = Cordell Hull (Great Compromiser)
Armaments Minister = Henry Morgenthau (Resource Industrialist)
Minister of Security = Homer Cummings (Silent Lawyer)
Minister of Intelligence = Vacant
Chief of Staff = Malin Craig (School of Defence)
Chief of Army = Malin Craig (Guns & Butter Doctrine)
Chief of Navy = William Stadley (Base Control Doctrine)
Chief of Air = Oscar Westover (Army Aviation Doctrine)

Notice that the post of Intelligence remains vacant and that Malin Craig is functioning as both CoS and CoArmy.

Due to the general unrest in Europe and other parts of the World the President also announced today a general review of our armed forces. The current state of which is summarized below.

Land Forces:
1 Div of Cavalry
3 Div of Infantry
And an additional Div of Infantry stationed in the Philippines

Air Forces:
3 Tactical Bomber wings
1 Strategic Bomber wing
2 Fighter Wings
And 1 Dive Bomber wing

Naval Forces:
Subs = 11
Destroyers = 23
Cruisers = 28
Battleships = 16
Carriers: Lexington, Ranger, Saratoga and the Yorktown.

Originally posted by sbrengard
Awesome post!

how does Malin Crai hold two post and have different quailities?

Lots of people in history have held two portfolios in cabinet. The different qualities are just his philisophical aproach to doing those jobs.

Originally posted by Castellon
Land Forces:
1 Div of Cavalry
3 Div of Infantry
And an additional Div of Infantry stationed in the Philippines

[/B]
You've gotta love that massive American army in '36. Good thing the Canadians decided not to come down and cause some trouble.:D

I go away from the boards for a week and there are 6 new AAR's and the game's been delayed! That'll teach me to get too busy with RL stuff.;)

It's been like five days....pllllleeeeeaaaase update:(

Sorry there has not been an update here for a while. I have as you guys probably know, been hard at work on the FAQs. Since this is a story driven AAR, I figured you would preffer that info first.

East coast naval report.
USAfleet1.JPG

Originally posted by Daoloth
Is LA two provinces, or am I confusing myself?

Some states are made up of more than one province, take Texas for instance.

Originally posted by mh1419
Why is the naval officer, McIntyre, ranked a major general?

Minor bug. Just need to reassign him.

Most likely there will be no update for at least a week. :(
Moderating the forums and working on FAQs right now is keeping me very busy. I am commited to this and it will continue, just not for about a week. Sorry!