• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(336361)

Sergeant
4 Badges
Jun 27, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
I have managed to install my heir's wife as a duchess. They have some kids together, and I've since died gaining control over the husband (chief of Theodosia). Her heir, however, is marked as the emperor, rather than any of her (our) children.
What gives?
Another weird thing. My first son is labeled as the heir to the chiefdom of Theodosia. My second son is the heir to the tirbal lands of Theodosia. Theodosia only has one title in it, the county capital. What is going on.

C89F45655172815AC83961540912485BD7531CA6

Are you in the same realm? High Crown Authority (I think - i'm pretty sure) disallows external inheritance, meaning that if the heir apparent is a lord outside of the realm, the titles will pass to the liege of that title.

Oh! That's it...

How can that be though? She inherited the title from her father, who inherited it from his father. I thought Viceroyalties had to be given directly from an emperor from his demesne to the viceroy.

I don't know. I never use them myself because I hate having to hand out 2-3 titles every year. Maybe if the emperor only has them for a few days and gives it to the next of kin it lists it as inherited.