• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Or perhaps just an extra opinion modifier for being e.g. legitimized bastard

Although I really think what CK2 lacks is coalitions. It's the reason why world conquest is so unrealistically easy. I was watching an Arumba series the other day - he did it in 89 years. And let's be honest, medieval rulers were just as concerned about their neighbors getting too powerful as eu4 nations were.
it is something that strikes me too. I mean, you can blob as hell, but no one cares. your neighbours don't even have the idea to cooperate in order to take you down, while it is evident that if they don't do anything they are the next victims on the list and individually they can't stop you.

Does anyone know what the balance of power between Asturias and Córdoba was in reality? In my games Asturias tends to have about 1500 men compared to the Umyaad 9000 (the tend to always be helping out their African buddies against the Ibadis etc). I'm trying to figure out the best way to destabilise them they all seem to be in love with each other as they keep expanding and creating vassals who are all in awe of their liege.

Paradox should really look this thread.

What makes you think they didn't?

OP said:
and 2. make decadence decrease your vassal limit.

2.2.0.4 patch notes said:
- Decadence now negatively affect your vassal limit.

and no, the platypus isn't a 'read' indicator, its a 'responded' indicator.

it is something that strikes me too. I mean, you can blob as hell, but no one cares. your neighbours don't even have the idea to cooperate in order to take you down, while it is evident that if they don't do anything they are the next victims on the list and individually they can't stop you.

If you attack someone in a religious war, other rulers of the same religion can join to whoop your ass. That's a coalition.

Otherwise you have valid claims on those lands, and claims are the closest thing to law in early medieval. Disputable only by force, and whoever wins was obviously favoured by god(s).

What there is none of is unwarranted province grabbing a-la EU.

In other words, there are things to be tweaked about blobbing, but EUIV coalitions are redundant in CKII.