• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sooo much infamy. So much fame.

That's 15 infamy in 5-6 years - I think that's pretty close to what Bavaria burns in that time. ;)

I'm just happy that the map of Europe looks slightly more aesthetically pleasing now to my eyes. :D

We also have a mission to diplo-annex Granada, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

Next (and last!) update you'll get your pics.

Should be this evening (for those of us on the East Coast of the US).

I'll also post the save at that time, and hope someone will continue, since we're in the home stretch now.

I'll also post the save at that time, and hope someone will continue, since we're in the home stretch now.

tuore possibly? Or do we have a willing player that hasn't played lately or at all?

The Reign of Albrecht V von Habsburg

1753-1759

The last years of Albrecht V's rule were of mostly peace, prosperity, and growth. Her newly conquered territories were developed and industrialized according to the King's wishes as quickly as the money could be made available. In the far off Pacific, multiple islands were colonized to expand Bavaria's foothold in the world and establish it as one of the largest empires the world had ever seen. In 1759, Albrecht was about to lead his soldiers into a new war, this time in the Crimea, but he took ill shortly before his campaign could begin and after languishing for several days, Albrecht V von Habsburg was dead.

Rising up to assume the throne was Albrecht VI von Habsburg, although not as astute in the ways of war or statesmanship as his predecessor was, he nevertheless commanded a great deal of respect from the rest of the world.

41698508.png

16536229.png

59749120.png

74491909.png

99136783.png

28884293.png

97741532.png

Nice to see that you obliterated GB's navy. :D

Great turn, and I agree that the map is more aesthetically pleasing. :) Those GB provinces in NW France in particular were an eyesore.

Great turn, and I agree that the map is more aesthetically pleasing. :) Those GB provinces in NW France in particular were an eyesore.

Told you so! :p

I hope someone decides to take the next turn. We're so close to being done!

I hope someone decides to take the next turn. We're so close to being done!

Anyone? I'll grab it in a week or two if no-one else does (quite busy now), but that's the last resort as I just played before TheLoneGunman.

Meh, I'll do a little playing. Not until next week though, but I will deliver.

Excellent!

We're almost done with the game now!

Meanwhile, Malurous and I have been discussing a new Succession AAR the promises to be much more interesting and challenging! :)

Great to have you playing Qorten! :)

And indeed, we're looking at options to make sure that a future Succession game keeps its interest the whole way through and has a special feel that this format could have. And a more tolerable pace. :D

It's taken me a little longer then I intended but I'm playing right now. I basically wrecked the bb-rating though. +6.50 bb from non-core HRE-provs is just insane to work with. I didn't want to play all peacefully either so...

Oh, you're playing a newer patch, that would certainly screw up infamy with the unlawful territory. I suppose that's not going to kill anything, seeing how late we are. :) Good to hear that you're on it now so this can get finished eventually. The delay is no big deal as it's not like there was a queue forming for the next turn. :D

Just saw this and got very happy, can't wait to see an update! :)

You would have had an update earlier if you (and others of course) had not dragged me into EVE again! ;)

Albrecht VI von Habsburg

Albrecht VI was basically a dumb guy who cared only for his own pleasures. It should not come as a surprise that once he took over the throne from his late father it the whole empire basically went downhill. Not territorially speaking, as the Bavarian Empire was way too big and powerful to be eaten by it's jealous though toothless neighbors. No, it was a combination of inside and outside influences.

StartReignAVIvH1.jpg

Still, it wasn't all bad. Albrecht luckily had a few excellent advisors around who tried to contain the damage. They started with diplomatic overtures to Dauphiné, as it had provinces that rightfully belonged to Bavaria, but was also a vassal.

CourtingDauphine2.jpg

The previous emperor didn't leave the country in the best of conditions either. He had not taken full advantage of the opportunities offered by the discovery of all the strange new worlds out there. He had started colonization in the Far East, on some small islands, but hadn't really put his heart in it. That would have to be mended in the future.

NationalDeclineFeb17603.jpg

The summer of 1760 was an excellent. Not necessarily for the farmers, who found it too dry and too hot, but for the emperor it was great. He also got so hotheaded he invaded and conquered the independent island Gotland because, and I quote: "I felt like it." What can one do then, being this emperor's advisor? It's hopeless, right?

GotlandCBJuly17604.jpg
GotlandoursDec17607.jpg

This of course didn't go well with not only the Bavarian populace, but much more so with the foreign courts. The infamy of the Bavarian nation grew and grew, until we were finally seen as being "the spawn of the devil".

InfamyDec176411.jpg

Several nations foolishly went to war with us over this, but of course they could not do anything against our superior armies. All attempts to humiliate us were thwarted, though the advisors managed to convince Albert VI that taking more territories from them would not be wise.

HUNandSALDowSep176615.jpg
SWEMILandADADoWtooFeb176716.jpg
HUNpeacesFeb176717.jpg
SWEpeacesMay176718.jpg

Meanwhile Albrecht had gotten it into his head that he did not want to be the Absolute Monarch of bavaria, but instead wanted to rule like an Enlightened Despot, as he felt certain he knew what was best for all his citizens.

EnlightenedDespotismDec176819.jpg

His vassals had other thoughts about this. In a fit of rage he revoked the privilegia of those of his vassals that were part of the Holy Roman Empire. Not much remained independence remained for the once self-serving princes of the Empire.

DietinKrakowSep176614.jpg

After less then 20 years on the throne finally Albrecht VI died, leaving behind a country plagued by rebellions and less efficient then it was when he started his reign.