• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darth`Agnan

Sergeant
Jun 2, 2020
How to make tall gameplay fun in time period after you finished exploration but before endgame crisises start? I am asking because I don't know. I once tried vassalizing my neighbours (it was before the update when vassal system was upgraded and expanded in Stellaris) but got bored and quit the game.

Whenever I play tall (though, granted, it's usually nowhere near as tall as Virtual enforces), I spend my time hyperoptimizing the planet layout and which pops are in which job, making sure the empire is carefully tuned to not over/underproduce anything at any point in development, handpicking governors for specific planets, checking for juicy colonization targets (like planets with special modifiers and lots of size), playing gotta-catch-em-all with leviathans and parade situations for modifiers, fiddling with politics to get the best GC resolutions passed (and make sure no others get advanced), integrating/fixing/rereleasing vassals, and other such shenanigans.

Having a huge empire keeps me so busy with claiming new systems, building up planets, making sure the Hegemonic Imperialist up galactic-north doesn't get too uppity because my fleets can't be in the north and south at the same time (and the southern one recently insulted the fact that I wear clothes), etc. that I don't have time to optimize anything, so the empire is half as efficient as it otherwise could be.

It's satisfying every once in a while to make things run like clockwork instead of it being barely managed chaos.

Reactions:
Set crisis to all at 0.25 or 0.5 strength and have it trigger at 2300 or earlier. That way, you have to deal with crisis early and every next crisis will double in strength. You have to disable fallen Empire though as they often awaken at the first crisis and slap it off with ease.

Reactions:
Set crisis to all at 0.25 or 0.5 strength and have it trigger at 2300 or earlier. That way, you have to deal with crisis early and every next crisis will double in strength. You have to disable fallen Empire though as they often awaken at the first crisis and slap it off with ease.
My end goal is to do cosmogenesis. Will I be able to that if I set crisis early?

My end goal is to do cosmogenesis. Will I be able to that if I set crisis early?
As long as you survive. Though I would bump up the crisis strength if you're doing the cosmo or nemesis path. It's actually easier while the Galaxy is in chaos. The harder way is to be galactic protector and try to beat each crisis as fast as you can.

As long as you survive. Though I would bump up the crisis strength if you're doing the cosmo or nemesis path. It's actually easier while the Galaxy is in chaos. The harder way is to be galactic protector and try to beat each crisis as fast as you can.
If I want play as Fallen Empire formed from my empire after the cosmogenesis is finished, awaken, become the guardian, defeat all crises (all of that of course will be done by firing right event for this in console commands) will I be able to do so?

Acquired vassal, use vassal's resources to acquire more vassal.

Rinse and repeat.

Pro: Less micro with minimal sacrifice in min-maxing.

Cons: Some people called you name that you ain't playing tall but wide in another direction.

If I want play as Fallen Empire formed from my empire after the cosmogenesis is finished, awaken, become the guardian, defeat all crises (all of that of course will be done by firing right event for this in console commands) will I be able to do so?
It won't allow you to choose a fallen empire to continue playing, so you will have to use console command.

Will I win if I set crisis stregth as 1, but make technology cost as cheap as possible to make technological progress faster?

Last edited: