• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thinking of it, maybe some kind of large machine powered by multiple workers made of endgame materials would be a not too unbalanced(as you'd still need to dig for it) way of allowing easier sustaining of an stable economy

thinking of it, maybe some kind of large machine powered by multiple workers made of endgame materials would be a not too unbalanced(as you'd still need to dig for it) way of allowing easier sustaining of an stable economy
A auto spear maker that takes wood from your trees and makes them in to spears and sells them back to Hemfort for King Father.
:)

By the way – if it was missed – there is a later tech (4th level) that gives you gold automatically.

yeah, but tier 4 techs are a level OVER endgame stuff(seriously, even on childish easy where i just went DIGGY DIGGY DIGGY FARM FARM FARM i managed to get more stuff than i could ever spend before i reached tier 4). heck, maybe lmake a new recourse you get from mining dirt and is only useable in growing a kind of tree so it is possible to live wihtout digging until you are ready to dig deeper would be nice.

It all depends on how you go about it.
You can get a few Scholars going and target certain techs to upgrade the tech tree fairly fast while digging real deep and missing enemy dens and obtaining rare rock along the way getting lots of god when you cash them in. In the mean time you are waiting for Dwarflings to upgrade so you can use them to build your Military.
;)

I will tend to have tier 4 techs and still have some tier 1 not done yet.

A hint at least for The Trial - don't just dig across and down. There are several layers of virgin soil between the surface and your starting position which yielded me a full range of resources.