How do I win with Germany? Impossible right

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am trying to get 45 more infantry and 5 more Arm before Barbarossa start date. Do I have any chance against the Soviets with 130 Inf, 8 Mot, and 7-8 Arm?

I'm not sure how you'll do, but building more infantry is definitely the way to go at this stage, so good choice there. Don't worry about the navy, it won't really affect your chances against the USSR, and that's what you have to be worrying about right now.

You've always got a chance against the Soviets if you can maintain mobility, but you also need to be able to stall their advance while you pocket and destroy them. You're going to have your work cut out for you - what allies have you recruited to give you extra cannon fodder?

It's almost a cheat but if you wait the UK with declare war on Norway and they will just join you. This is actually semi-historical if you look it up. The UK was really worried that Norway was going to join the Axis and had plans to invade them.

Update 2- The date is June 21, 1941 and I have 66 Inf, 8 Mot, 7 Arm divisions on the Soviet border. Stategically I have taken Denmark, Norway and Sweden along with Yugoslavia and mainland Greece (Not Crete yet). The Italians have lost all of their northern African lands and Sardinia already. I have single Inf divisions guarding every landing spot in mainland Europe including 6 in Italy to prevent a landing there (they already tried and I pushed them back out). Hungary and Romania are not axis yet (one more month of influence to go). Do I wait till spring of 42 to launch Barbarosa where Ill have another 30 or so Inf divisions to add to the mix or do I go it now?

With such a small army its generally best to wait as long as possible as you should be able to outproduce them till the Soviets get their bonus war IC, keep in mind tho if the soviet AI won't see a big enough army from you on its borders in 42 it might very well attack you instead.They attacked me once when in 42 i had 10 mot 27 armor 160 inf on their border, not including my allys or the garrison/beach guards.

Also since you said your Italian allies already got kicked off africa I suggest you MC them as they always get destroyed by the brits cause they love to get surrounded in libya/egypt.Also by 44 june if your at war with US they will start nuking you, quite often your capitol so if you don't conquer UK by then or at very least got soviets out of the picture you will prolly lose.A capitol nuke is 20% dissent, quite nasty.

Oh and while your game might have gone different but the soviets in my 42 save had 300 inf 13 mot 17 armor so you will need all the allies you can get.

I did a game this week as germany with another stategy, starting with navy and beginning with wars against denmark, sweden, norway, yoegaslavia, then france, the low countries and then england, then poland and as you would expect it did negatively affect my timeschedule, russia was dowed 3 march 1943 BUT victory in the east came at 20 oktober 1943.

I just took positions at lwow, an infantry push at bialystok and lithuania, did half an encirclement from klaipeda to rechytsa via riga, glebokie, orsha. poored in infantry via deployment and then raced for leningrad and then moscow and they did not give up their capital.

my fastest barbarossa ever! :confused:

edit:
army 246 inf-art-ac in groups of 3, 10x HQ-eng and 2 cav-m.arm, 7x 3 mnt-art, 13x 1 arm-m.arm and 2 mot-m.arm.
airforce: no planes (used anyways) :closedeyes:
2x 30 subs type 2, 6 cv-1 with 6 cl-5, 6 cv-4 with cl-6, the old semi-modern cl's, dd's with the ca's and 1 bc and 1 bb....

Last edited: