• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,

I have already started a topic about collecting all the arbitrary rules that won't make the AI genuinely intelligent or in other words it wont give him the capeability of recognition just make it hard harder to exploit and:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?499041-A.i.&p=11649005

I agree, even i went overboard with some of my suggestions, but most of them are just 'Thumb rules for the AI'.
example:

"I would like to see the ai act like a human would in offering peace deals. Demanding that I release vassals, free countries and give up hundreds of ducats when their WS with me is 0, just makes me want to go out of my way to hurt them. It should never make demands that exceed the limits set for the ai to accept (i.e.- 10 points more than the current WS)."

'We've all seen England (UK) and Castille (Spain) fall apart so many times, because for some reason AI tends to leave "home" completely without, or barely with any garrison. Killing revolts in Africa or Americas should be less of a priority when ur home provinces are undergoing revolution...'

cheers

Give the AI random personalities. Perferably ones that switches for each successive national leader.
Some personalities would be conflict evasive, some would be quick to jump on a state allready involved in a war, some would be vengeful, some would be quick to strike up alliances with nations allready in a war - just for the excuse of jumping on the enemy. Also let the personalities behave differently during peace negotiations - That way you don't know exactly what will be acceptable... Personalities might value different provinces differently (even if they have the same value in the peace treaty). This would make for a more intresting game.

AI in EU3 is actually REALLY good. People just like to bitch about it to make themselves look uber. I don't know why these people even bother to play EU3 if it's so easy.
Its impossible to lose if you have enough land. The AI doesn't know how to respond to peace deals. I'm not asking "please make the game harder" I'm asking "please make it more meaningful to play". Right now, a loosing war almost always turns into taking land from the AI. Or you can get out of utter defeat by offering a few gold at the right time.

At no time does the AI keep track of what it wants during a war, especially not a defensive war. Has no concept of weakening a rival.

I agree, the AI is good-ish. I'm saying there needs to be more of it, and it certainly needs improvement.

Play Pong. Killer AI.
Actually, pong's AI is very bad; very easy to outsmart. However, 1988's Monopoly (NES) is extremely good at playing the game. Warcraft III is of the same generation, sepperated by about two years, as EU3. If they got the AI working on the first try, I would imagine EU3's AI should at least be able to beat a bad player.

I'd like an AI that responds to peace offers reasonably. It's really annoying how some countries will not accept white peace offers even though there is no way they can hurt me in any way. In fact I've never had a white peace accepted on reasonable terms.

Actually, pong's AI is very bad; very easy to outsmart. However, 1988's Monopoly (NES) is extremely good at playing the game. Warcraft III is of the same generation, sepperated by about two years, as EU3. If they got the AI working on the first try, I would imagine EU3's AI should at least be able to beat a bad player.

You're joking, right? No human could ever beat the Pong AI if it wasn't programmed to make mistakes. It can mover faster and calculate "trajectories" in it's sleep(figuratively). My point was to jokingly make an absurd comparison, like comparing Warcraft 3 with EU3. It's apples and oranges.

On the other hand, if you're not joking, than this conversation has no point.