• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

amakal9

Recruit
3 Badges
Dec 17, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
This may have been covered elsewhere, but I have been unable to find the answer, so I apologise for any redundancy.

When I open HOI Editor, much of the bottom and right hand side of the screen is seemingly beyong view. Is this an issue with my resolution settings? Or is it simply a need to uninstall and reinstall the game completely?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum! :)

While you might find my answer unpleasant, I believe it is the best possible one: Don't use the editor. It is well known for corrupting your savegames and game files if used in the wrong way, and for a beginner it is absolutely impossible to determine what the "right way" of using that editor is. ;)

If you want to change anything, simply copy the entire Doomsday (or Armageddon, if you use Anthology) folder, rename it to something like "Modded Arma" and then proceed changing the relevant files with any text editor (preferably notepad or notepad++). All events, ministers, units, provinces, tech teams, techs and game parameters are written in plain text files and pretty easy to understand. You can also read up on Modding in the HoI2 Wiki over here: http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Mods

Sorry for not answering your question directly, but I am convinced that this response is the most helpful to you in the long run. :)

Привет! Игра на диске, коллекция Hearts of Iron. В игре "Doomsday - Armageddon" открыл редактор, чтобы облегчить себе игру, но сделал только хуже: непонятные коды и символы вместо слов, да и просто игра стала виснуть. Хочется вернуться к настройкам по умолчанию (заводским), но не получается, даже при переустановке игры. Понимаю, что тема уже старая, но, если кто-нибудь откликнется, то буду признателен. Заранее спасибо!

Hello! Game on disc, collection Hearts of Iron. In the game "Doomsday - Armageddon" I opened the editor to make the game easier for myself, but it only made it worse: incomprehensible codes and symbols instead of words, and the game simply began to freeze. I would like to return to the default (factory) settings, but it doesn’t work, even after reinstalling the game. I understand that the topic is already old, but if anyone responds, I would be grateful. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
I would guess it wasn't all deleted. Maybe there is data still in the documents folder.