• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I understand that, but it just seems too much. The attacker, when he decides to attack, already has his armies prepared. The defender has to react, mobilize, repel the invasion, and hold it for 24 months. During that whole time, each day the invader occupies your land adds up and doesn't go down. I don't know how much you get from winning battles, so it can be that you can defeat the invasion that way, but since land ownership seems to weight more for this specific WG, I don't know. Anyways, the testers should know weather or not this is too much and it's easy for me to change.

Numbers in diaries are just to give you an idea, so of course will change if we notice problems. I changed the tick speed for defenders earlier this week.

I am still not sold the occupation warscore is fitting for the time period at all... seeing that wars were decided in a decisive battle on some battlefield still for much of the period Victoria 2 covers. The other changes seem nice however. I also see new brigade names for the Turkish units that look much better than they used to! Will they be renamable or at least can they be defined in a list as with ships now? :D

Even better than the naval combat changes :eek:

Three hurrahs for HoD!

Interesting changes, overall.
I like the ideas behind the changes in units. Cavalry for uncivics is nice, other cavalry types with clearly defined strength and weaknesses are even better. And finally there is a reason for building engineers. Should be interesting to put together the best armies for wars in different environments. Is there any chance of having different attrition levels for different unit types?

And thank God and you guys for the button for disbanding non-supported units.

BTW, are there any changes in the calculation of military score?

Will they be renamable or at least can they be defined in a list as with ships now? :D

I second this, and also: Will we be able to rename at least capital ships? Its a bit curious, if you have a dreadnought named 10th Genoa Dreadnought.

I second this, and also: Will we be able to rename at least capital ships? Its a bit curious, if you have a dreadnought named 10th Genoa Dreadnought.
Well, at least with capital ships you can fix that by adding names to the ship name lists in the game before you build them... not convenient, but it works... with unit names currently we get these horrid immersion killing regiment names now that you can only change in the save games (which is a massive massive pain!).

I understand that, but it just seems too much. The attacker, when he decides to attack, already has his armies prepared. The defender has to react, mobilize, repel the invasion, and hold it for 24 months. During that whole time, each day the invader occupies your land adds up and doesn't go down. I don't know how much you get from winning battles, so it can be that you can defeat the invasion that way, but since land ownership seems to weight more for this specific WG, I don't know. Anyways, the testers should know weather or not this is too much and it's easy for me to change.

If the Attacker is occupying his wargoal, you are losing the war so WS Ticks against you. If he occupies it for a bit and you retake it, it will tick back down to 0 though, you don't need to wait 2 years to remove his TWS, it just doesn't Tick in your favour until then. And again, TWS is not the only way to get WS here, TWS is to prevent stalemates dragging on, you can counter-invade if you are able and beat the Attacker in the traditional fashion.

Nope, always been that way. Have you never been unable to add a WG due to lack of Jingoism?
Well I can say I've definitely had that problem many times before, I am happy with that change. However, does that mean we will no longer be able to add wargoals that cost infamy?

The TWS system is a godsend. Thankyou!!!!

Well I can say I've definitely had that problem many times before, I am happy with that change. However, does that mean we will no longer be able to add wargoals that cost infamy?

You can still add them, they just cost Jingoism as normal. And you can't rustle up new cheap Goals by justifying while at war.

You sneaky bastards. Never before mentioning what might become some of the most appreciated changes to the game: TWS, land unit diversity and mobilization improvements. Not only will these enhance the grander wars, that result from the Crises/Great Wars, but more importantly it will allow limited wars. This was something that was sorely lacking even though many of the famous wars of the age were smaller wars. I'm also very excited about the battle plans. That's going to add a lot of flavor and will make AARs look a lot more professional.

I do have one question though. Have you thought about redoing the CBs? Many still feel a bit unbalanced/unrealistic? There have been tweaks to stop weird conquests, but at times I still see the old 'Russian Conquest of Southwest England'. Non-core conquests didn't happen in Europe during the timeframe (balance of power and what not), so I feel a nerf isn't that out of order. Make it a costly thing to do, so that it's still an option for MP or aggressive SP players and virtually blocking it off for every sane AI country. The Free People CB also seems to be used in weird ways in Asia (instead of conquering GB often does a lot of Free People in Southeast Asia). Finally, the Gunboat Diplomacy CB only needs to be given when the debt is really large.

I do have one question though. Have you thought about redoing the CBs? Many still feel a bit unbalanced/unrealistic? There have been tweaks to stop weird conquests, but at times I still see the old 'Russian Conquest of Southwest England'. Non-core conquests didn't happen in Europe during the timeframe (balance of power and what not), so I feel a nerf isn't that out of order. Make it a costly thing to do, so that it's still an option for MP or aggressive SP players and virtually blocking it off for every sane AI country. The Free People CB also seems to be used in weird ways in Asia (instead of conquering GB often does a lot of Free People in Southeast Asia).

AI's use of WGs was totally overhauled, I mentioned this in a previous DD so I didn't repeat it in this one, but they make a lot more sense now (most of the time :p).

This is AWESOME! :D

I really did not expect this much to be added.

If the Attacker is occupying his wargoal, you are losing the war so WS Ticks against you. If he occupies it for a bit and you retake it, it will tick back down to 0 though, you don't need to wait 2 years to remove his TWS, it just doesn't Tick in your favour until then. And again, TWS is not the only way to get WS here, TWS is to prevent stalemates dragging on, you can counter-invade if you are able and beat the Attacker in the traditional fashion.

Ah alright so it goes down, I didn't get that impression from the DD :)

You can still add them, they just cost Jingoism as normal. And you can't rustle up new cheap Goals by justifying while at war.

Does this mean that a war for more than one non-core province is now impossible without taking full infamy for every province after the first justified one? That seems crappy.

If so, could you make it possible to justify 2 or 3 instances of certain CBs (acquire state, place in the sun) before actually declaring war?

I guess I never have. So I wasn't even aware this was a thing.

This is not uncommon with more passive players who focus on certain ingame goals that don't seek out as much total conquest.

Jingoism tends to start affecting nations that are trying to 'blob' meaning if you are trying to gain a lot of territory in a short period of time, which goes even faster now with territory you don't own, and isn't affected by territory you are related to, (have a core on).

On a side note. I'm going to have to get some of these DLC's if they start being this good. Really appreciate the kind of changes you're bringing into Vic2 here.