• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
DR, I like the idea of linking mobilization rates to rail infrastructure - that makes great sense as an historical simulation. But you did not mention whether mobilization has been changed to make it possible to do a partial mobilization, or will every itty-bitty war still make us do a levée en masse? :D

All or nothing, baby!

Also, gas attack has not changed.

So we're going to back to the infamy bottleneck that existed before the CB system was introduced. Sigh.
If I understand that correctly we just cannot fabricate more wargoals while at war. So you can still fabricate as much as you want when at peace, you just cant take half of France in a single war anymore.
(Imho a good change, considering it was exploiting the AI anyway. :p)

Anyway, DD sounds great, can't wait for the expansion! ^.^

Yes, except the system has never allowed you to justify the same CB twice before going to war, which is why justifying during war was useful. Before a war, you can only justify different CBs, like acquiring one state and one colony, which is silly. If you have a 2-state border with a neighbor and want to move that border, you should be able to roll the infamy dice on both.

You could never take "half of France" in a war in the first place, because the warscore value of a few provinces would reach above 100. Because of that, multiple justifications would not break the game. It would just give more flexibility in what type of claim you want to make on an opponent.
I always viewed CB fabrication as a mean to start a war, not extend your gains while at war. And because of reduced peace cost from occupation, you can actually take a lot of land.
But hey, preferences. Remember that CB are fully scriptable, so you can easily add a few low-infamy ones to compensate for the lack of fabricating. :)