• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: Which podcasts do you listen to (and you MUST answer)

A: WHAT the hell are those

I just assumed Kings of Ages is a slip up for a game they haven't released yet.
Just curious, are the results of these polls ever published anywhere?

I did several economic experiments in university and let's just say this:
Often times you build in some contradictory or non-sense questions/statements in order to check the validity of the answers given by the participant.

Let's assume this is the case here and they intentionally made up that game.
If a player selects an answer of > 0 hours play time, then you can safely assume that the rest of the answers are not to be taken seriously as well.

I did use that survey I agree about AI it's the first thing to think about strategy game. Stupid AI make the game unworthy to be bought. Then gameplay come in second not too much clickfest but enough to have all necessary information like the ledger in eu4 and ck2. King of Age 2 is Age of empire 2 i did search that on google.

I did several economic experiments in university and let's just say this:
Often times you build in some contradictory or non-sense questions/statements in order to check the validity of the answers given by the participant.

Let's assume this is the case here and they intentionally made up that game.
If a player selects an answer of > 0 hours play time, then you can safely assume that the rest of the answers are not to be taken seriously as well.
Huh, not really, I almost answered >200h because I thought they mean AoE II: Age of Kings and someone in the dev team made a joke or something...
If the numbers of participants are large enough, at least one of us might do just that :p

Hi my question is when can we expect the next hearts of iron 4 expansion and will it cover the remaining 3 of the great powers with new focus trees as well as be more geared towards tank development and design like what you've done with man the guns. I would love some new options with Italy France and Russia like a return to imperialism or democracy for Russia and Italy maybe even some decent unique units for them like you've done with the Japanese like frogman to sabotage ships or something. Man the guns is amazing overwhelmingly at first but I was disappointed not to get a italy rework since their one of my favourite teams to play. Anyways those are my thoughts

I found a lot of questions to be very confusing, but I was glad it tackled a lot of topics.

First by town/city I was wondering if they wanted a specific name of a town or city, or if they just wanted to get rural vs urban demographics.

Second, the question about "doing great things" confused me. Doing great things in the game's universe, or doing great things by a gaming standpoint. Personally, I actually like a game less if it is too superheroy. I like games where just surviving is a "great thing" by a gamer standpoint. But I do love a game that let's you do "great things" by a gaming standpoint, like surviving as Luxemburg somehow in HOI4. That really depends so much on whether we are talking "save the world" type cheesiness, or making the extremely difficult possible. One I love, the other I find annoying.

Third, "there's a game world that lets me be part of a greater whole." I honestly had no idea where that question was going.

When it asked whether "the following aspects make it more or less likely to purchase a game," when it came to politics, war, and economics, a huge amount in each case depends on whether it is well implemented or not. I will avoid a game with badly implemented war or politics very strongly. I love to see games with well implemented economics, war, or politics*. Games with any of these elements not implemented are totally fine by me, just depends on the other aspects. I would not avoid any game for not implementing any of them.

As for politics specifically, I like it to be implemented with a focus on being balanced in regards to gameplay on either side of the political spectrum (as in I can't stand propaganda games), and accuracy is a nice touch if possible (though I suspect accurately implementing politics in areas that are too controversial get a lot of people angry). I love Democracy 3, for example, because while it may or may not be accurate in its depiction of consequences, it is pretty balanced between left and right I feel.

Two more questions that bothered me:

"How important is putting players before profit" I honestly don't see the point of implementing that question. Nobody is going to say they prefer games that use predatory business practices to maximize profit while subtly destroying the player experience. Obviously profitability is important in that it allows a company to double down, but this wording strikes me as a useless question.

Finally, "the game is relaxing to play." I answered this question literally, as in do I feel more relaxed after a game, which to me is not very important. However, if you meant that the game is fun to play, it needs to be reworded. I love a game that is thrilling or gets me puzzling. Sometimes even feeling confused can be fun, as long as it is in the sense of solving a puzzle with so many options that seem viable on the surface that I don't know where to start as opposed to being baffled at how to play altogether.

The "time played" question doesn't have a "1000h+" column? :D

There are some I could put 'multiple thousands' on, no question.

Also that insert of "Sims 4' into a list of strategy titles was ... unexpected.

The region I live in, sure, but I'm not telling you what city I live in.

Also, I don't do podcasts because I'm hard of hearing and the audio quality is usually abyssmal. Same for livestreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.