Hearts of Iron IV Retells History through a Look at Military Technology

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At a certain point, they mentioned that the U.S. produced something like 10,000 tanks in the war. Is it a goal to balance the game in such a way that production numbers will be more or less historical?
I'd be surprised if the US only produced 10,000 tanks. Germany produced around 10,000 of just the Panzer IV, as well as large numbers of Panzer IIIs, a moderate number of IIs, and later built smaller but still very significant numbers of Panthers and Tigers. That also doesn't include StuGs and other armored fighting vehicles which were produced in quantity.

More counters. More political map mode. Less terrain map mode. ;)

There is no way we can afford drawing all the variant icons, so they are shown as the base hull plus an icons specifying their role (in this case a bullet penetrating a steel plate)

Wow, this is disappointing. I hope modders will be able to correct this.

And adlso, why is M3 >>Light<< a medium tank in the US tech tree ?

I think the M4 Sherman had the reputation to burn up when hit was because when the Germans were on the retreat, and they didn't have the chance to recover their damaged equipment, they wanted to deny the allies the same.
The allies could just recover the damaged M4 later and fix it, this is why the Germans kept firing on a damaged M4 untill it burned up to give Germany a better chance.

I love that map, it looks so cool. Does the shape of the day/night shadow moving across the earth change between summer and winter to give the long days of summer in the far north and the deep south?

There is no way we can afford drawing all the variant icons, so they are shown as the base hull plus an icons specifying their role (in this case a bullet penetrating a steel plate)

I hope you'll leave the door open and we can add our own variant icons/pictures (to all models/variants)
(No offence to artist, but im going to change those icons paintings first)

Spanish Civil War

Awesome DD! Please keep them coming! Thanks Pod! Now for the Spanish Civil War.

Playing as Germany I hated in Hearts of Iron III when Republic Spain won the war and I didn't get my Condor Legion. I always wanted to put more German resources behind Franco to win it and get more experience when the Condor Legion came back. I really hope I get that option now in HOI IV. I hope I get the option of how many tanks/Airplanes/and other resources I put behind Nationalist Spain and ensure they win the war and hopefully gain as an ally to go after Gibraltar. Also when I played Italy I would want to send units there for experience. So, please give us options of how much to send and to ensure which side will win the Spanish Civil War. Thank you

Great work pod!! Cant wait to play this game!!

The video is very well done! I liked almost everything except those 3D models. The constant/non stop moving of body parts/weapons/turrets is imo just annoying, it's really a shame:( as all the game mechanics seem very solid.

I think the video actually said 100,000 US tanks. Surprised to see discussion of who worked in German industry in the war, thought that was too close to banned topic.

Only when you talk about political or religious or POW "voluntold" workers. ;)

Also in the video you play a music IO recall was in HOI2. Any word on how many new music (or how long) you plan to get for HOI4? Any change we get something with a little bit more "DUDUDUDUDUDU" so HOI4 gets popular on some popular streaming site?