• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry guys, thought it would be obvious. Alfred, "The Fairest of Paris" has a Harelip...

The event about the monastery threw us off. I thought you included it for a reason and kept reading the text. I didn't even notice the guy's nickname.

Also maybe you should have posted the screenshot in the dedicated "strange screenshot" thread. It would get more attention there.

The event about the monastery threw us off. I thought you included it for a reason and kept reading the text. I didn't even notice the guy's nickname.

Also maybe you should have posted the screenshot in the dedicated "strange screenshot" thread. It would get more attention there.
Yeah, this is pretty tame compared some of the shenanigans found in that thread.
A bear nicknamed "the Wolf", for instance. [Which, I noted, is especially odd because there are conditions that need to be met for a (human) to be nicknamed "the Wolf" and other conditions that need to be met for a (human) to be nicknamed "the Bear", and the bear in the screenshot had the right traits to gain the nickname of "the Bear" but NOT the traits needed to earn the nickname of "the Wolf".]

Last edited:
Sorry guys, thought it would be obvious. Alfred, "The Fairest of Paris" has a Harelip...

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Trust me, just assume that it's never obvious. Makes life easier for both you and the rest of the forum readers. :)

The nickname "the fairest of X" comes from a courtier asking their liege for a nickname, and the liege agreeing to give a flattering name. It has no actual bearing on appearance (unlike "The heavenly").

Just last night my character's mother asked for a nickname, so now there's Gulnar the Fairest of Antioch at court, and she's 60 years old and has a harelip herself.

The best are when you've got a 25 martial bloodthirsty berserker warrior lodge hero with a 90+ PCS with the nickname "The Feeble".