• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sir Kenny said:
Japan is nothing but a nation ruled by it's own military.
They only wish to burn, loot and rape. We must not ally with these scum, instead, we have to fight em.
If they wish only to burn, loot, and rape then let us ally with them so that they may not burn, loot, and rape Cantonese towns!

The Nationalists, by billing themselves as a Democracy when they are clearly not are the Real Enemies!

It seems that the war between China and Japan just started in the cabinet of Cantonia first. :wacko:

Miihkali & Rotten Venetic : :wacko:
Whatever, I think I could understand that.

DarkReborn : Yes, he is the chairman of the National Military Council, therefore most people called him Generalissimo. :D

Rodrico Stak : Nice paragraph! :D
P.S. Actually the Meiji constitution is named after the Meiji era, when this constitution was done.

Edit : Seems that the decision is made by more than half of the cabinet, update might be delivered tomorrow or later.

Last edited:
Rodrico Stak said:
If they wish only to burn, loot, and rape then let us ally with them so that they may not burn, loot, and rape Cantonese towns!

The Nationalists, by billing themselves as a Democracy when they are clearly not are the Real Enemies!

Are you stating that the Japs should be allowed to murder millions of innocent chinese civilians?
This only proves how selfish and ignorant you are.

Great! Great!

What now? Attack the Kuomintang?

PS: I want to see Kane... :D

Miihkali said:
How about 'the struggle for power' event :D :rofl:
what

Sir Kenny said:
Are you stating that the Japs should be allowed to murder millions of innocent chinese civilians?
This only proves how selfish and ignorant you are.
I'm not saying the the Japanese should murder millions of innocent Chinese civilians! What I'm saying is that the Japanese are the lesser of two evils, and so we should side with them, and try to take as much land as we can from the Kuomintang so that we can protect it from both the Japanese and the Kuomintang.

We should support Nationalist China against the Japanese no sooner than driving out their autocratic regime, and their renunciation of any claims on our territory. Which, i am afraid, we can only reach through military force.

Therefore, i reinforce my previous statement that we should seize this opportunity with both hands, and go to war with them while the generals of their numerous armies are turning their eyes to the north.

Viden : Not yet, although the vote result seems that the cahnce of allying Japan is quite high. :)
Kane propbably will show up when any war started. :D

Driver : It's MOD34. :)

Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

The dark menace of the war (2)

1936.12.15 2300
Presidential Palance, Gwong'zau, Cantonia

President Gaan Kwok-dung was in his office, drinking a cup of coffee and reading a newspaper. The headlines of these days were fully occupied by the border conflict between China and Japan. More and more soldiers in both sides were marching to the border, and tension was increasing.

"The war is near...... What shall Cantonia do when it comes?" Gaan Kwok-dung thought. Suddenly, the door was knocked.

"Please come in?" Gaan Kwok-dung responsed, and continued reading the newspaper.

"Good evening, president." A male vioce, with haevy Japanese accent said. This caught Gaan Kwok-dung's attention, and he raised his head. In front of him is a man in black suit, adjusting his black round glasses. He was a bit short, about 165 cm in height and a bit fat - a typical Japanese in most people's imagination.

"Good evening, may I ask your name?" Gaan Kwok-dung didn't recognise the man in front of him, since there were no Japanese in his cabinet.

"I'm the ambassador of the Japanese Empire, and are carrying the message of His Majesty the Emperor. You may call me Akira Kuroi." He said, and bowed to Gaan Kwok-dung.

"Okay, Mr. Kuroi. May I ask what's the message of His Majesty the Emperor?"

"Certainly, actually the message is for you, Mr. Gaan." Kuroi explained, "You know, the tension between China and Japan is increaing as fast as the tide of water. His Majesty the Emperor thought that a war will eventually start if the situation keep worsening......"

"His Majesty the Emperor consider that Cantonia will be a great nation, and hopes that you will join the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. Together we can liberate the whole East Asia from those colonists......"

"So, Japan wanted to ally with us, right?" Gaan Kwok-dung asked.

"Absolutely. What a clever person you are, Mr. Gaan......" Kuroi answered.

"I'll discuss this with my cabinet later. Any other things?"

"Nothing more, I'm forward to hearing your response, Mr. Gaan......" Kuroi bowed, and left the room.

1936.12.16 0100

About 2 hours later, while Gaan Kwok-dung is looking at a map of East Asia and thinking about the situation between these three nations, the door was knocked again.

"Please come in?" Gaan Kwok-dung said.

"Good evening, president." A man in black suit came in and said. This tall man looks a bit nervous, and he was sweating.

"I'm Can Kai-jin, the ambassador of the Republic of China. I'm here to ask Cantonia's aid!" He said.

"Um...... Please calm down and take a seat?" Gaan Kwok-dung said.

"There is no time to do so! The Japanese invaders are going to invade our motherland! You must help us to protect our homeland!" Can Kai-jin shouted.

"Okay, calm down please, Mr. Can?" Gaan Kwok-dung said, "I'll talk to my cabinet later."

"Hopes that there are good news, sorry about my assault." Can Kai-jin said, after several second.

1936.12.16 0900

Everyone in the cabinet were souumoned by President Gaan Kwok-dung even before the sunrise, and they gathered at the meeting room in the presidential palace at about 9 o'clock in the morning.

"So, everyone is gathered here, then we should start our discussion as soon as possible." Gaan Kwok-dung looked at other ministers and said, "This is a very important issue, and may decide the fate of Cantonia."

"On yesterday night, both Japanese and Chinese ambassador met me, and they have the same goal : Allying Cantonia in the war. So we have to decide which side we'll stand."

Fermentation spread along the cabinet.

"What a question. Japanese invaders are massing troops at the Chinese-Japanese border. It is very clear what they are planning to do. A invasion of China! The republic must defend liberty." Lao Zi-feng said, excited.

"There are no liberty in the 'Republic' of China, " Gaan Kwok-loeng responsed, "They are greedy and corrupted, they don't even have a presidential election even since its creation! "

"Yet Japan isn't a democratic nation either, "Lao Zi-feng said, "She is just a nation ruled by military, who only wish to burn innocent towns and cities! We must fight against these scum."

"So we must prevent them to do so to our nation!" Wang Tsing-fei said, "Also, Japanese cannot burn towns in their ally's border, so we have to protect as many Chinese as possible."

"But......"

"Okay, all please calm down first? I don't want the war between Japan and China outbroke here first." Seeing the argument was going to be uncontrolled, Gaan Kwok-dung stood up and said, "We are democratic, so why don't we vote for that? Anyone who support Cantonia to cooperate with Japan, please raise your hand?"

Four hands were raised into the air.

"It seems that more than half of us support us to do so." Long Ling said.

"But this would be a dead end for both Cantonia and China!" Lao Zi-feng shouted.

"Wege entstehen dadurch, dass man sie geht, Mr. Lao." Gaan Kwok-dung said, "I believe that Cantonia and found hers, and then there will be hope, for us."

"......" Lao Zi-feng sat down, and muttered something.

"Then, Mr. Wang Tsing-fei, please prepare an offer of friendship to the Japanese government? We'll need it after I talked to the parliament." Gaan Kwok-dung said.

"I'll do that right after this meeting is done." Wang Tsing-fei responsed.

"Then, dismiss."

011.png

Note :
1)"Wege entstehen dadurch, dass man sie geht" means "Paths are made by walking", a quote from Franz Kafka.

Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

The dark menace of the war (3)

012.png

After a debate lasted a whole day, the parliament finally was convinced by Gaan Kwok-dung and Wang Tsing-fei that the goal of Cantonia is to protect as many Chinese as possible. However, still many citizen were angry about this act.

Also, Can Kai-jin, the Chinese ambassador left his office this morning, and the border guards reported that he had gone back to Nanjing.

013.png

014.png

The logistic of arsenals was developed, which made the supply line of Cantonian Army simplier and better. Later, the (National) Cantonian Aircraft Corporation was ordered to develope a better plane to carry bombs.

Voting Time
015.png

FI.png

(5/1)Claim the whole French Indochina
├→Add cores to the whole French Indochina
└→Relation with France decreased for 20
.Guo Zhi-feng
.Lao Zi-feng
.Long Ling
.Miihkali
.Wang Tsing-fei
.Kane (non-minister)

→Claim only northern French Indochina
├→Add cores to the northern French Indochina
└→Relation with France decreased for 10

→It's not the right time
└→(Nothing happens)

Note : This event was made only to add cores to those lands, since France is not likely to cede her colony to us, and Cantonia is not likely to have war with a major power. :)

Note 2 : The vote from ministers have prior on diplomatic issues, and vote from generals will not be counted unless there are ties. :)

Last edited: