• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vote Result
→Democracy should be spread(towards Democratic)
(4)→The state shall have more power(towards Authoritarian)
(1)→We shall be liberal(towards Left)
→We shall be more conservative(towards Right)
→Our society is too open, we should treat locals better(towards Closed Society)
(1)→The government should interfere the market(towards Central Planning)
→We don't need that much regular army(towards Draft Army)
→Our government is too pacifist(towards Hawk Lobby)
→Our government is too belligerent(towards Dove Lobby)
(1)→We shall care more about the foreign world(towards Interventionism)
→We shall not care so much about the foreign world(towards Isolationism)

So the Cantonia will be more authoritarian. :)
The next update will be delivered soon, when I figured out how to deal with those massive armies in Gwai'lam. :wacko:

Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

Double Ten Day Meeting in 1935
Former Government House, Ng'zau, Cantonia

After the liberation of Ng'zau in Febuary, this town became the advance Headquarter of the Cantonian Army for more than 8 months. The fromer government house of this town later bacame the meeting room for military. Since most of the minister was also in charge of the army, the Double Ten Day Meeting was held in this town too.

"Too bad that we can't have a more comfortable meeting in Gwong'zau......" Kwok-dung said, while a soldier hanging a Cantonian flag on the wall.

"Well, at least we pushed the Gui Clique back to their home town." Wang Tsing-fei said.

"But we're stuck outside Gwai'lam for more than...... 6 months?" Gaan Gwok-loeng responsed.

"Yes, the mountainous terrain of Gwai'lam always stopped our offense......" Tsing-fei said.

"Actually I have a plan to deal with them, anyone mind me to speak?" Gaan Kwok-dung suddenly stood up and said, "I suggest that all our troops in Lau'zau pull back to Ng'zau and Naam'ning."

"Why?" Several minister looked quite shocked.

"I know how Li Ji-shen thinks, and I am sure that he will capture any lands undefended." Kwok-dung smiled and said, "He will certainly send most of his troops if cantonian Army looks weak and are going to retreat."

GuiWar57.png

"And we can take Gwai'lam easily then?" Tsing-fei asked.

"Yes, and without the support from the industry of Gwai'lam, their soldiers will not receive a single bullet." Gwok-dung responsed.

"Nice plan, yet I doubt that this will work." Kwok-loeng said unconvinced.

"We'll see. So please someone sent those troops to where they should be?"

"I'll go to the headquarter later." Lao Zhi-feng stood up and said.

"Nice. Also, as we're going to be attacked by Gui Clique, I think we should raise the security level of our nation." Gwok-dung said, "If no one object, Miihkali, please do something abou it when you're back to Gwong'zau?"

slidermove02.png

"Certainly." Miihkali answered, "And I think you'll be interested in this report : Our spy network is done, and we find a spy from......"

"Great, please told our spies to be ready for missions later." Gwok-dung smiled and said.

"Dismiss then, we'll have a lot of things to work on." Gwok-dung said, "Ah, Gwok-loeng, please stay here for a while?"

After everyone left the meeting room, Gwok-dung walked to Gwok-loeng.

"Did you clean up the mess?" Gwok-dung asked sliently.

"Yes, all of them are dead in the "front"." Gwok-loeng responsed.

"Very well, make sure that they are all missing in action."

"Certainly."

"Ah, also please lead those spies for a night, after the war is over." Gwok-dung said, with a strange smile.

Cantonia.png

New Year War - Part 6
(1935.10.01 - 1936.01.04)

GuiWar58.png

About 20 days later, Cantonia abandoned Lau'zau. After listening the report of a spy about Cantonian Army's poor condition, Li Ji-shen ordered his troops to retake Lau'zau and the rest of Gwong'sai.

Later, after Gaan Kwok-dung listened the same spy's report about Ji-shen's action, he laughed and ordered his troops to be ready for an assault.

"Just as planned." Gwok-dung said, in a voice too small for other to hear.

GuiWar59.png

GuiWar60.png

In the samer time, NOD Military Industries developed a new kind of weapon known as sub-machine gun. It was named "Cungfung Coeng", literally means "Assault Gun". Later, Gaan Kwok-loeng was ordered to study about the tactics used by western nations.

GuiWar62.png

On November 21, Gui Clique retook Lau'zau. "Cantonia is dying." Li Ji-shen laughed and said after that.

GuiWar64.png

GuiWar65.png

On December 28, after an month of preparation, Cantonian Army launched a special attack against Gwai'lam. Lacking reinforcements, Gui force soon retreated to Lau'zau.

GuiWar66.png

On January 3, a year after the war started, Cantonian Army finally marched into Gwai'lam. Li Ji-shen, who was in Lau'zau on that time, was furious.

GuiWar67.png

GuiWar68.png

On the next day, a final assault against Gui force was launched at Lau'zau. Gui forces soon surrendered due to lack of supply.

Last edited:
Cantonia.png

New Year War - Part 7
(1936.01.04 - 1936.02.25)

GuiWar69.png

GuiWar70.png

The last battle between Gui Clique and Cantonia in Lau'zau, more than 80 thousand Gui troops were surrendered or killed. after this battle, Gui Clique is destined to be doomed.

GuiWar71.png

After that, Cantonian Army was ordered to garrison Baak'sik, a border province with Dian Clique.

GuiWar72.png

After the first plan of expending Cantonian army was done, the second plan was issued, about 100 more thousand young men and women will be in the army in 10 months.

GuiWar73.png

GuiWar74.png

The develope of new tactics was done, however it was too late to be used in the war against Gui Clique. Later, Gaan Kwok-dung realised that a nation cannot be strong without proper industrial base, so he started developing new technology to aid the industry of Cantonia.

GuiWar75.png

GuiWar76.png

Febuary 25, a day after Cantonian Army captured Hoi'naam and Gui Clique's cabinet, Li Ji-shen signed an agreement, and Gui Clique is no more.

Cantonia.png

Voting Time
Dian04.png

Vote available for this chapter : Claim Wan'naam?
Available Choices :
(5)Claim Wan'naam
→Let our people rest

Vote available for this chapter : War With Dian Clique?(If we choose to claim Wan'naam, and Dian Clique refused)
Available Choices :
(5)Then it's war(War with Dian Clique)
→They won(No war)

Some data about Dian Clique :
Dian01.png

Dian02.png

Last edited:
Sir Kenny said:
→Claim Wan'naam
→Then it's war(War with Dian Clique)

Seconded.

9:00 AM, 1936.02.25, In a radio station in Guangzhou.

Lao Zi-Feng takes up the microphone, and prepares his speech.
He knows that this one might cost him his life.

A Democratic Proposal said:
Good Morning, my fellow citizens. This is Lao Zi-Feng, your armaments minister speaking. As most of you all know,
The Republic was attacked by a gang of warlords. The Gui Clique.
We all may be a peace-loving people, but it's every man and womans duty to defend The Republic from external and internal threats.
Our brave soldiers have recently defeated the warlords, and brought freedom to the oppressed people.
And so, the external threat is gone. But the internal threat is still there.
But what is the internal threat?
Is it the criminals that stalk in the streets?
Is it the fascists who are plotting to overthrow the government?

No! It is the government it-self!

Thro the years, the cabinet have signed new laws, laws that give them "executive" power.
Power to arrest people who think different.
Power to censor the press at will.
Power to take our freedom away!

Citizens of Cantonia. Men, women and children,
It is YOUR duty to tell the government that things have gone far enough!
It is YOUR duty to demand democratic reforms!
It is YOUR duty to defend freedom!

I hereby urge the Citizens of Cantonia to peacefully protest,
for democratic reforms. And freedom.

Last edited:
W. Iljitsch said:
What is Wan'naam?
Wan'naam is the Cantonese pronounce of Yunnan.
In the game, Wan'naam means the Yunnan Area. (see red circle)
Wannaam.png

Sir Kenny said:
9:00 AM, 1936.02.25, In a radio station in Guangzhou.

Lao Zi-Feng takes up the microphone, and prepares his speech.
He knows that this one might cost him his life.
That makes me remember the "Rogue Minister" event. :D
Yet, there are no "Drop dead" buttom in a democratic nation like Cantonia. :cool:

Last edited:
Reno Vercetti said:
Wan'naam is the Cantonese pronounce of Yunnan.
In the game, Wan'naam means the Yunnan Area. (see red circle)

Oh, I'm also for war then. Hopefully we can soon afford a second tech team ;)

W. Iljitsch said:
Oh, I'm also for war then. Hopefully we can soon afford a second tech team ;)
We'll after we have Wan'naam. :)

Vote Result
Topic : Claim Wan'naam?
Available Choices :
(5)→Claim Wan'naam
→Let our people rest

Topic : War With Dian Clique?(If we choose to claim Wan'naam, and Dian Clique refused)
Available Choices :
(5)→Then it's war(War with Dian Clique)
→They won(No war)

In other words, Wan'naam or War. :cool:

Cantonia.png

Operation Avenger - Part 1
(1936.02.26)
Public Forum in front of the Presidential Palace, Gwong'zau, Cantonia

After Lao Zhi-feng the armaments minister's speaking yesterday, many citizens in Gwong'zau rallied at the public forum in front of the presidential Palace. About half of them were driven by Zhi-feng's speech and demend a more democratic government, yet the another half were here to support Gaan Kwok-dung's strong government.

On about 9 o'clock in the morning, several cars were drove into the forum, and a man in black suit walked out from a car. Being recognised by some citizens as Gaan Kwok-dung the president, some of them started waving the flag of republic and yelling Kwok-dung's name.

"Good morning, citizens of Gwong'zau, and Cantonia." After he cleaned his throat, he picked up a microphone and said, "I'm the president of Cantonia, Gaan Kwok-dung."

"Hail Kwok-dung!" Some citizens yelled and waving the republic flag on their hands.

"Democracy for Cantonia!" Yet on another side, citizens yelled another slogan.

"Please let me finish my talk? You all will have time to speak."

The forum became slient quickly.

"I understand your demend, actually I heard Mr. Lao's speech yesterday. I agree that some of our actions are a bit...... radical. However, these actions are necessary."

"You know, the shameless special attack by Gui Clique last year let us verily know about the threats against our nation. Compared to our democratic government, those warlords are very authoritarian governments. Countless despairing men, women, and little children are being tortured and imprisoned by these evil systems even when I'm standing here and talking! You may say this is not our bussiness, but you're wrong! Those people who hate freedom are sending agents and spies into our border, and they're sabotaging our industries, technology teams, railroads, even residential areas! What is their aim? Their aim is YOU! We, the government, must not let those freedom-hating people harm our people, and our society, our nation! For that, sometimes radical acts are necessary. I apologised if anyone felt that his or her freedom is harmed by the government, but I truly hope that you will understand the government is for your own good......"

Suddenly, while Gaan Kwok-dung is still speaking, something exploded near Gaan Kwok-dung. Chaos spreaded quickly while Gaan Kwok-dung was protected and ran into the underground bunker. All polices and soldiers who was protecting Gaan Kwok-dung were sent to evacuate civilians.

2 hours later, the government deputy announce that this was an attempt to assassinate Kwok-dung. He also mentioned that this assassination was probably done by Dian Clique spy. After a special meeting with the cabinet, the government decided to send an ultimatum to Dian Clique. The parliament quickly passed it.

Ultimatum of Cantonian government said:
Two hours ago, a failed attempt to assassinate Gaan Kwok-dung, the president of Cantonia was happened. Our investigations mostly pointed towards the spies within Gwong'zau. The citizens of Gwong'zau and Cantonia and shocked, and are angry about this brutal attack. Although the parliament already authorised the Cantonian Army to march towards Wan'naam, we still hope that peace will come between Cantonia and Dian Clique. If Dian Clique accept these conditions, Cantonian Army shall be back to Baak'sik in 24 hours.

1) All Dian spies and agents within Cantonian border must be sent back to Wan'naam in 24 hours.

2) Democracy shall spread in Dian Clique, and a parliament of people should be established.

3) An official apologise by Dian Clique government in 24 hours.

4) Dian Clique army should be reduced to not more than 100 thousand soldiers, also, no armoured unit is allowed.

If there are no positive response within 24 hours, war between Cantonia and Dian Clique is officially started, and there will be no turning back.

(A paper with seven ministers' sign, also a authorise docuement from the Cantonian Parliament)

The Dian Clique cabinet were furious about the reckless conditions of Cantonian government, also they claimed there are no spies and agents within Cantonian border.

"Then it's war." After receiving the Dian Clique response, the parliament authorised the army to push forward into Dian territories.

Dian06.png

Last edited:
:eek: Oh no! Terrorists shouldn't be able to try to assassinate Gaan Kwok-Dung! You should speak to the security minister about this :mad: !

Anyway, as foreign minister I believe that we should issue the following ultimatum to the Dian Clique government, to convince the part of our population that follows Zhi-Feng's policies that we are still willing to negotiate this.

Foreign Minister Tsing-Fei's Ultimatum said:
Two hours ago, our president, Gaan Kwok-Dung was victim of an attempted assassination by Dui Clique spies. This means war! Cantonian armies march on your borders as you read this! However, there is hope. You can end this war without bloodshed if you give in to our three demands:

1. Dui Clique forces immediately lay down their weapons, and Dui Clique enters full disarmament until such time as rearmament is deemed appropriate by Cantonia.

2. Material repartitions are paid to Cantonia for the next ten years.

3. Dui Clique undergoes complete and immediate democratization.

You have until midnight to respond.

Signed:
General Wang Tsing-Fei, Chief of Staff of Cantonia, and Foreign Minister serving under our glorious President Gaan Kwok Dung

The ultimatum needs only your approval. Should it be denied by the Dui Clique government, I believe that we should attempt encirclement maneuvers in the south of Dui Clique to reduce the amount of dug in mountain forces that Dui Clique will be able to bring against us.

General Wang Tsing-Fei, Chief of Staff of Cantonia, and Foreign Minister serving under our glorious President Gaan Kwok Dung