• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jorian said:
I have a question: Are the possible units collected somewhere? :confused:

Kaigon has a bunch at his site. Don't know it offhand, but it's in his sig.

KaRei said:
Cool-toxic, can you tell me, please, how are you converting the units? What I need to convert them too?
allright Birger posted this:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3129071&postcount=1
Kasperus explaing how to convert units from FLC to PCX then change the palette and convert it to BMP 8-bit.
Attention it is important that you change the frame pixel count to an even number!!! Or else you get flickering units!!

Heavy Cataphract

Heavy Cataphract(Byzantine):
This unit was downloaded from:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Heavy_Cataphract.zip
This unit was converted by permision from UtahJazz7.

cataphract6pd.png

Credits goes to.....................UtahJazz7

http://rapidshare.de/files/16464648/Cataphract.rar.html

Last edited:
:eek: :eek: :eek: File DELETED !!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

RapidShare seems to store your files only for a restricted time. This message appears when I tried to download Qin Soldier:
File /files/7992154/Qin_soldier.rar.html has been deleted.
Reason: No download for a longer period. Inactivity-timeout exceeded.
Did you know about this restriction?

cool-toxic said:
KaRei i got a question how do you cut them so it gets the same number of pixel each frame and the unit still is on the same spot?
I'm using Paint Brush. Yes, the basic drawing tool of Windows. It's enough for this work and it's easiest to use. Photoshop is so complex and paradoxly the process could be there much more harder.

I always split the sprite to the separated phases. This is the most boring and time consuming work in the process. I always reduce the x-attribute so I get the phase I want to the edge of the image. Then I mirror-turn the image and reduce the x-attribute from the second side. Then I have one separate phase (150x150 pixels) which I save as something (I recommend to include number of the phase in the name). Then I reopen the sprite and separate the next phase until whole sprite is splitted. Important thing is to keep the phase size as it is designed in the sprite. This will guarantee that the center will be in the same point in every separated phase.

Now you should have 10 or 15 files with phases. Next step is finding the most distant pixel (pixel closest to the edge). Open all phase-files, turn them to same direction and zoom them to same measure. By clicking on them on your Windows START ledge switch between the phases and find the phase where the most left pixel of the unit is closest to the edge of image. Reduce the image length so that the most left pixel of the founded phase will be on the edge of image. Check the length of image looking to attributes. Then set the same length by changing x-attribute in all other phases.
If you really found the phase where the pixel is closest to the edge, only transparent green borders will be cutted in other phases.
Mirror-turn all phases and find the phase with pixel closest to the second edge. Reduce the length and check if it's even. If not, increase the length by 1 pixel. Apply the new (even) length to all phases. Turn them to correct direction if they aren't and save the changes. Phases have now the shortest length as possible.

If you are correcting attack sprite phases you must now check the x-position of center point in one of the phases and add left "distant borders" in all phases to move the center to unified position.

Now you can close the files.
Open the original sprite and clear the image. Insert there corrected phases in right order and cut the rest of strip. Cut the green borders below and above the sprite and save the final result. Again, if it is attack sprite check the y-position of center point and add top "distant border" if needed.

That's all.

IMPORTANT: Never move the unit picture in phases! Only cut and add borders. This will move the unit picture in all phases by same number of pixels, so you'll never lost the synchronization.

P.S.: If you know easier way how could be the sprite splitted, I'll welcome the information.

KaRei said:
I have just discovered a new way:D
You use Flicster to convert the .FLC files to one frame .PCX and then it is seperated in frames then you can do convert it to bmp 8bit.
Also a easier way is the following, open the .FLC files with Jasc Animation shop then cut and paste until you got seperate stripes for walk e,n,ne,nw,s,se,sw,w an assault sw,ne and stand sw.
now you can cut them as if it was layers on top off each other.
Those animation files are nice8)