• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice progress, it seems like the armies of France are marching from victory to victory. Press forward and destroy the enemies of the revolution. I guess soon it is time for a certain general to get some more control… ;)

I have decided to keep a small pause from writing AARs now. This is to regain my lust for doing it and gaining new ideas, my muse has left me with relatively little inspiration as it is. This whole AAR has suffered from my lack of ideas as the original idea of doing all-video-AAR turned out to be nearly impossible and my text just keeps remaining very shallow.

My brief pause will propably last for a month or so at most.

(yes, this pause is largely influenced with the stream of great new mods and games I have just received or refound from my old shelves. EB 1.0, Deus Vult, my newfound love towards Heroes III and IV, Deus lo Vult for M2TW, Civilization II...Not to forget school and my filmcourse-project with my friends)

Adios for a while.

Lord E: Yup, that certain general ought to pull few strings soon-abouts and gain ultimate power. He will propably make my wars too easy, though. I need to play really badly if I ever want to lose this somewhat historically.

Duke of Wellington, a complete life story of "Iron Duke" packed in three minutes of complete awesomeness or boredom, depending if you are me or a poor, unsuspecting reader

That is in honour of the people died in the horrible school shooting accident that happened today in Finland. :(

And also to celebrate the fact that I am getting a football team of my own! No more will I be no more than a coach's aide, now I will get to lead the trainings myself and make the tactics myself!

Sure, they are just 9-year-olds but it is a start!

In that video I attempted parody. First 25 seconds is my attempt to make a parody of That's Good's beginning, the latter part is more Beautiful Worldesque irony with the artillery fire accompanying the "good things".

I consider to be the greatest of my creations thus far.

Mork: *listens to "Dirty" for 30 seconds*

*prepares to kill himself*

*decides it is better to kill Mork and/or Christina Aquleira*

*settles with Christina Aquilera and goes off to buy a pistol and a plane ticket*

I'm sorry to hear about the accident :(

Seems even the civilized Scandinavia suffers from this kind of madness.

About the video, it's certainly the best one up to date! But it's far far away from the actual game for an AAR ^^

EvilSanta said:
Generals of the Napoleonic Era

I am starting to run out of groovy 80s tv-themes. :(

Well, there will always be Knight Rider and Miami Vice to be exploited.

Snake IV: I was afraid of that. I will try to do the next battle a bit better.

Davout, Suchet, and Andre Massena will soon become your favourites, excluding Napoleon... :D

nice AAR, how can you stimulate a waterloo? that would be a bit hard ... :eek:o

Duke of Wellington is hell , don't underestimate him :)

btw, are you going to change to revolutionary empire?

Last edited:
Wellington a fine and dandy character indeed and as you say he is probably the only one that can save Britain against your forces. A lot of nice video footage from the Waterloo movie, a fine and good movie if you ask me.

The Battle of Kärnten 1798, Suchet saves the encircled Army of Italy led by Napoleon trapped in the Austrian heartlands

Napoleon's Army of Italy had achieved tremondous success in pushing through northern-Italy to Austria and all the way to the gates of Vienna. There Napoleon tried to assault the Austrian capital but failed, leaving his army low in numbers. Meanwhile the Austrians had recaptured Kärnten and other areas lost to French, encircling Napoleon and endangering the existence of his army. Le Directoire could not afford the loss of France's most talented army and experienced army and ordered Louis Gabriel Suchet's corps to relieve the Napoleon's exhausted army. Suchet engaged Austrian forces led by Karl Mack von Leiberich.

Suchet's plan was to use all his cavalry on the left flank and crush the Austrian right wing, then swing to the rear of Austrian army. The middle would bel held by his elite troops while right flank was left weak. The Austrian army had superiority in cavalry but France had slightly more men and artillery. The battle was bloody and both Austrian right wing and French left wing were annihilated. In the end battle was won by the valiant efforts of French elite infantry which devastated Austrians. Austrians lost all of their artillery and over half of their infantry and cavalry and Suchet's army faced dire losses, too. Stragecicallt Suchet's victory was a god-send for France as Napoleon's valuable Army of Italy was saved and the pressure on Austria could be continued. After battle of Kärnten, Austria's fate was at stake as entire Southern part of the country was left virtually defenceless.

krntenallright.jpg

Been a while since last update, both my recently ended testweek and my new football team coachership have been rough on my freetime. Still not a very informative battle video but it has slighty improved from the previous one. But blood is shed so all the requirements for a good Hollywood movie are there, right? ;)

Grubnessul: It sure was sad news. He didn't even commit his act the Finnish way, ie stabbing with puukko while drunk.

henryjai: I am playing with historical monarchs, leaders and advisors so certainly when Napoleon rises to power. I am not sure though if I have to do it myself, haven't played with historical monarchs before with EUIII so don't know how it affects the goverments. As of now, I am revolutionary republic.

Lord E: Well either it is Wellington or the enormous Royal Navy, but Britain is relatively safe place right now. ;)

Capibara: Thanks, glad you like it.

HoldYourFire: It certainly took time but here is an answer to your "more! more!" shouts.

Nice movie, as you said a little better quality this time and it sure did contain a lot of death and blood and shooting so I think you are going to be considered for the Academy Awards next year ;)

Great to see that you saved Napoleon and that you have continued to put pressure on the evil Austrians. Maybe now that you have defeated them you can move your forces forward again and grab even more cities from Austria and then force them into peace. Forward to victory!

In the year 1799, people were killed, battles were fought and coups were staged. There, can I go home now?

No?

Oh well. Despite all the military victories of past years, France and Le Directoire were struggling. Even with conscription the manpower pool of France had ran out. People were getting tired of war and all they wanted was peace and end of chaos. The revolution in French colony of Haiti was the clearest demonstration of people's unwillingness to continue war. Le Directoire was forced to make peace with the Coalition (excluding Prussia) Luxembourgh would be transferred to France and Coalition would pay a small tribute. The unsatisfying peace treaty was considered a travesty after all the French blood shed in countless battles. In late 1899 a coup was staged by several influential persons in the higher end of French hierarchy and replaced Le Directoire with the Consulate that consisted three members, the leading member being young and succesful general Napoleon Bonaparte. The Napoleonic Era had begun!

Director: That update sucked, Mark. You are fired.

Crew. Let's drop all this educational mumbo jumbo and get back to showing fancy explosions!

noconscriptionduuuude.jpg

Boo-freaking-wooo. Fight and stop that crying. Ohh, and please carry me to my extravagant manor where I am having a huge orgy.

haitianrevolution-1.jpg

Haiti? Where on Earth is that?

peacewithaporutgaliah.jpg

The endless years of campaigning finally payed off! Or not.

nappoleonkonsuli.jpg

Look mommy, I am a genious!

I am starting to seriously consider if I should just drop the writed parts completely off and just show fancy explosions and boobs. It works for Hollywood.

Lord E: Victory? Yes. Satisfying victory? No. Stupid EUIII peace system. :mad:

Well you managed to get something out of the peace treaty, but I agree that wasn’t a very good peace. But I am glad to see one great thing came out of this and that is that you now have Napoleon as your ruler. Something tells me we shall soon see more war… ;)

Well, Luxembourg wasn`t good compensation for such tough war. But something tells me that mr. Bonaparte would do better. :D