• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems we're facing a bit of resistance ;)

To Persia: I warn the sha Next time you will have to face me and my allias :) you took advantage of my loneliness but no more! I'm also prepared with 3 level 3 fortifications in Ganges and Goa region. I'm building sails in order to assist those regions easily and quicker with mercenaries.
I'm also leaving an elite guard of many thousands of troops around. My intentions are purely defensive. Ganges unfortunately for the sha will be portuguese for a long time. but I invite you to trade there, Afterall we're 2 nations looking for incomes.

To Spain and Austria: Portugal would like to claim Venice's islands in order to have more brave men for important missions as the defense of Ganges and many catholic territories around the globe, what's more important to assist their allias better in future conflicts. My respects. Long live the Habsburg house.

To France: I recognise India as French if you recognise Indonesia as Portuguese, If you do we can talk in a civilized way about those Western african colonies I took from you long time ago.

To Portugal:

France is willing to negotiate peacful setelment of colonial dispiute but we will require a generus offer to accept it. Portugal attacked and killed our army in Indonesia and then anexed a new colony which cost us a lot. Also Portugal took our colonys in Western Africa (one of which has even now a French culture). The income genereated from them is going to Lisbon insted to Paris for last few decades. This after France showed its good will and purchased Zanzibar from Portugal.

Our diplomats are working hard in Vatican to change Popes mind in regard to the treaty that give Africa and Indonesia to Portugal. We think that soon he will agre to cancell it and then we will have the right to retake our provs.

Portugal has no right to tell France what to do in India just as we do not make any sugestons to you about Brasil. We are willing to exchange our rights to Indonesia and most of western Africa (we will need Lugia back) for your colonys in India or some other place.

You are correct in stating that you Navy much biger than hours, but times change. Our first shipyard was created and naval tech moved up. we have access to your colonys in India and Africa and do not need huge Navy to make some damage to you. This is not a treat, we just trying to show you the benefit of peaceful solution

Dear Portuguese King,

The Eastern Mediterranean Sea is not in our sphere of influence, and thus Spain has no problem with a Portuguese presence there.

Regarding West Africa, Spain considers this to be its sphere of influence and thus will not tolerate increased French holdings there. Spain however offers to buy what remains of French territory in West Africa, in the hope that war can be avoided.

To Spain:

France is not looking to attack any Spanish teritorry in Africa and we accept your dominance in that part of the word. We can not sell our only colony in that part of black continent as we need it for ship movment to India. Also, we spent too much funds on it to bring it to true faith. The only territory which we are asking the portugese King to return is the one which he took from us. One of the citys has still French culture and we need to protect our people.

We definity will not stand still when Portugese army overtakes our colonys after we spend huge amount of cash to build them. We stress that our intentions is to retake at the minimum the one French province and are willing to exchange others for something else with Portugal.

(during last game Spain said it is not willing to get involved in Por-Fra conflict. Shuld France look also for allays that wish to take some Portugese territort?)

Last edited:
that souded like a ... threat! I remind you I defeated Persia and I'm even stronger now. about your so called naval progress, I think you can reach Naval 18 easily, (crt is at naval 26 anyway, i can breath calmly), but with a huge cost on the other side, since land tech is highly invested in Austria, my ally.

Then my tech costs are so low that i could have a crt up in both areas, naval and land in a decade or so.

Last edited:
France was told by Habsburgs that they do not wish to be involved in this conflict. If this is not correct then France will have no choice but ask other great powers (OE, Denmark, Perrsia ect) for help as well. Like we said before we do not wish a war but we will not let Portugal take over our colonys without fight.

Ps. I do not plan to push my Navy as much as you. There is no point. As long as I have the same tech lvl and good admirals (which I have now plenty) I can reach your colonys with some force. as I have only 2 TP which can be burned then I have little to loose. You should have asked me first about buying the Indonesa insted of just attacking me.

lol, you're trying to convince other powers to gang bang Portugal? your justification is... what? Indonesia, those colonies were given and blessed by the Pope, dicuss with him about it ;) meanwhile I'll continue colonizing it.

Your pirate and dirty french conquistador was found in my Tot territory, such indictment for violating holy land given to the portuguese by our Pope was easy to condamn. He died as a Crhistian after having a judgment precedeed by a tribunal.

Portuguese embassador in Paris was called to Lisbon for now. No more diplomacy for now with France. Spain will be our intermediator between us in the future.

The King of Spain for one does wonder why the Pope spends his days with the bastard King of France. The French have repeatedly ignored the Pope's word as written in the Treaty of Tordesillas, and attempted to colonise land rightfully Iberian. He has attacked his fellow Catholic countries repeatedly, often without Casus Belli. He has come to the aid of Protestants, preventing the successful re-conversion of England. And most dastardly of all he openly signs a defensive pact with the heathen Turk. Indeed, instead of helping to defend the Pope from Venetian aggression he allows the Turk to grow in power at the expense of his fellow Catholics. Perhaps they will be speaking Turkish and praying at Mosques in Paris soon?

Now all powers can see what type of propaganda comes out from Iberia. France never DoW on Pope, actualy most of the time we are in a allince with him. Our Kingdom defended Pope from Venice 4 times already and it seems that Turks have to do it too when Defender of Catholic Faith (Portugal) is using that distraction on our part to take over our land.

By the decre of Pope Spain should not be present in Africa at all! But somehow Spanish King can ignore Pope's commands and at the same time tell others to do it. England? How was Spain able to defeat England so fast if not for France? Who was frirst Catholoc nation which attacked this Protestant land?

You say that France should not ally with non-Catholics, but how we can defend ourselvs from Habsburg agression? Even now France knows very well that nothing will prevent Spain from attacking us. We can ask, plead, beg for peace but that will not happend as Spain wishes to take our African port that we just spend huge amount of cash to convert to Catholic religion.

Dear King of France,

Never has Spain claimed that France attacked the Pope, just fellow catholics (Like Navarra, Lorraine, Helvetia, Genoa, Spain and Austria). Usually without casus belli.

The Pope gave Portugal rights to Western Africa. Portugal of course has the right to allow other countries to colonise there, as they allow your presence in Southern India.

Spain was able to defeat England through the grace of God. As He has shown time and time again, God rewards his loyal servants. Perhaps if the Kings of France were better Catholics God would reward them with some military victories.

Spain does not understand this French paranoia of Spain. Never once has Spain attacked France in an attempt to take French territory. In all of our wars you were the aggressor, or Spain was defending a smaller nation or protectorate. And Spain has only once taken territory from France, when they annexed Bearn from Navarra (and it was immediately released at the end of the war).

he he he it looks like a Spanish King is delusional. France had CB in all wars exept Lorraine. Genua and Swiss was attacked in defense of our allys. And were is Navara? Where is Naples? Where is Millan? It seems that or benovlet Spain is very hard on their small brothers. And Spain did attack France twice already.

So you annexed these countries in defense of your allies? That seems a bit excessive. The only nation Spain has ever aggressively attacked was Navarra, but they were harboring rebels and traitors and were eventually given their freedom when they agreed to accept Spanish vassalization. Milan was given to Spain by Austria when Charles V abdicated (he had inherited it). Naples was also inherited.

To the King of Poland,

The heretical false Kings of England have overlooked your foul treatment of the People of Russia far too long, be it because of bribery, cowardice, or some other foul black hearted plot, it nows comes to an end.

The rightful and righteous Catholic monarchy has been restored to it's proper place in the United Kingdom.

We, NOW, call upon the King of Poland to forthwith, return all illegally obtained provinces taken in their last campaign against Russia.

The English Crown holds Poland's areas in Siberia as a surety in this issue.

Failure to restore Russia to it's former self, and England will consider these areas to be forfeit to the Crown, and take possession immediately by force.

Your answer is expected immediately!

Strix,

Ambassador at Large, to Charles II, King of England and the United Kingdoms.

The Polish nation will not respond to threats and false allegations. Therefore, we will release Russia of our own will, not yours. That is all, take it as you will, for Poland will not tolerate other nations strongarming her people.

I'm up to set free some innocent russians

Alexander VII

Servant of the servants of God, to all the faithfuls.

Health and apostolic blessing: With the glance put in the mystery of the incarnation of the Son of God, the Church is happy and never as now we felt to have to make the song of praise and thanksgiving of the Apostle own: "Blessed it is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, whom it has blessed to us with all class of spiritual blessings, in skies, Christ; inasmuch as it has chosen to us in Him before the foundation of the world, to be holy and immaculate in its presence, in the love; choosing to us beforehand to be its adoptive children by means of Jesus Christ, according to the approval of its will, [... ] presenting to us the Mystery its will according to the benevolent aim that in Him seted out beforehand, to make it at the height of the times: to cause that everything has to Christ by Head, which is in skies and what it is in the Earth "("Ef "1, 3-5,9-10).

The King of England has returned to the true faith, leaving the heresy and decided to give back the catholicism to his people during so many years pressed by the protestant heresy. A step advanced for the humanity and the catholics, from Rome we asked all the catholic kings who help our brother to keep in the true faith and which they send missionaries who help to spread the word of God in England.

Alexander VII

Servant of the servants of God, to all the faithfuls.

The Pope wants to remember to the catholic Polish king the human charity towards our resemblances and it urges to that before begin wars without sense, he must turn to the true faith the nonbelieving that live in his kingdoms.

The Polish King hereby requests that Denmark return the former Polish territory of Ingermanland, as it was originally ours before the Swedish exploited our vassals. We were suddenly struck inable to do anything near the end of the Swedish war, yet you took advantage and used our success in the Swedish war to your advantage. While I realize you were doing what was best for your country, I believe that we should at least get back what we had before that war.

Sterkarm said:
The Polish King hereby requests that Denmark return the former Polish territory of Ingermanland, as it was originally ours before the Swedish exploited our vassals. We were suddenly struck inable to do anything near the end of the Swedish war, yet you took advantage and used our success in the Swedish war to your advantage. While I realize you were doing what was best for your country, I believe that we should at least get back what we had before that war.

Soory, almost didn't see this, had a bit of a crash on my push bike today.

As Ingermanland has voluntarily converted to Prtoestant, Denmar offers the Polish King 550 Ducats for the territory. Ok?

Last edited:
Why is England taking chinese provinces close to my Cots? hehe Moreover, why England took shitty provinces close to my cots? moreover ;) why England took shitty provinces in a really shitty position to "attack" my cots (if it's your intention...)? yeah! more! why England placed Malborough in those shitty provinces? if your intentions are clarified, be sure I'll kill malborough with pleasure and take some catholic english provinces to have more MP ;)

Then, I don't know if this has any relation about what i commented above, Why is France trainning troops in India?

preheventively, I'm training troops in Indonesia, not to mention i've placed more than 250 sails around.

New Pirate policy: every province with access to sea will be placed a galley to defend free trade in the name of God. I will cooperate to clean pirates in foreign sea areas only if a galley of the owner is ready to be placed.

War Policy: I'd like every Nation to demand before declaring war, this will make diplomacy useful.

Loan Policy: I urge to stop giving state gifts, this hurts international commerce, instead I'd like to see nations to offer more loans. Loans don't hurt economies if they are set properly. Average loan: 3-7 interest, 200-500 coins.