• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sloul

Recruit
27 Badges
Feb 5, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • King Arthur II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
At the game release it was said that the game will support french version.
BUT to this day, there is no such version.
MANY players asked the makers about the french version: ''when will it be released'', ''why can't I play in french'' etc.
The answer given to them always was ''it's not our part, you should contact the publisher: Paradox''.

I would say, the first weeks it was OK, ok because if such was the organisation and the contract between Paradox and KAII makers, so be it.
BUT to this day, nothing changed.
And STILL some players (customers) ask about the french version.
How many of those questions did I read on internet? How many of those requests/questions did you get Neocore?

And yet, the same answer: ''you should contact Paradox''.
Well here is what a player did:

Message de Elyse_Neocore, forum officiel, 10 juillet 2012.
KAII update 1.1.08
Major changes include
[...]
- Several issues fixed at the Spanish, French, Russian and German localized versions
- Other minor bug and balancing fixes

Message de Jeckhyl, forum officiel, 25 juillet 2012
So, is there a french localization ?
As far as I know game is localized in some other langages but not for us, frog eaters, at least in its steam edition.

Message de Elyse_Neocore, forum officiel, 01 août 2012
Regarding localization issues, please contact the game's publisher, Paradox Ineractive at https://paradox.zendesk.com/home

Billet de Jeckhyl, paradox requests, 05 août 2012
Is there a way to play King Arthur 2 (steam edition) in french ?
(the langage windows in steam propose me english/deutch/spanish/japanese/russian/poland but I see in the 1.1.08 patch notes " Several issues fixed at the Spanish, French, Russian and German localized versions", so... how can I get this french version ?
Thank you)

Réponse de Johannes, Paradox Interractive, paradox requests, 07 août 2012
Hello xxx,
It should be in French if you run Steam with French as the client language. Do you run Steam in French?
Kind Regards,
Johannes

Réponse de Jeckhyl, paradox requests, 07 août 2012
Hello, and thank you for your answer.
Yes, I run steam in french.
I didn't change langage settings in any way, and steam was in french before, and when, I downloaded the game.
As you can see with the attached screenshot, I have some langage options available though the ones I detailled in the opening post).
Game is in the 1.1.08 version, vanilla + Dead Legions add-on. I though maybe only the add-on was in english, but even the vanilla campaign is in this langage.
I launched the game from the steam window, and directly from the executable in steamapps/commo/Kingarthurii, it remains in english.

Réponse de Johannes, Paradox Interractive, paradox requests, 07 août 2012
Hello xxx,
This is an issue the developer should be better suited to answer. Please contact them via support@kingarthurthewargame.com
Kind Regards,
Johannes

Well, Linda, Elyse, I can't say anymore that I don't bear grudges against you, I do. And big time. No more money from me for next game, yeah, im just one and it's cheap.
BUT In my job im told to make electronic cards and my job is very specific.
I'm not supposed to speak to customers, im not supposed to do counting, im not supposed to help workers with the freight.
But guess what, I sometimes do. Because Im wary of my business.
You made a game, you seem just to not care, so, you don't care that your baby, King Arthur II has been sold and was said to be playable in french and that to this day it is not? You're not wary at all?
Maybe at some point you could just grab a phone, call Paradox and say something like ''hey houston, we've got a problem''
wait no
''that's not our part''

p.s: I don't play in french, im just sad for players who want to
p.p.s: I preordered K.A.II and gave a it an average critics (6/10), I had no grudge at all against Neocore to this day.

King Arthur II is now available in French. Right click on the game then go to to properties, then languages; you should be able to switch to French. The French version did take 2 or 3 months to be released after the games initial launch. We're sorry for the delay and we're sorry that we mislead you. french.JPG

I suspect the game to be in english even when you switch to french because this is why players have been complaining and asking questions.
I do not play in french myself, but I'll go to the bottom of this.

So far here is what I got:
31209264242-orig.png

No french version.

Ill try to run steam in french to see if any french version appears.

Edition:
Here is what I got with french steam version:

31209334799-orig.png

Still no french version.

Checking game integrity in steam french version. 43% so far.

Edition: still no french version, im still trying.

Last edited:
I deleted local file yesterday night, reinstalled the game during the night and checked the languages available today, nothing changed.

Last edited:
I have the feeling people who bought KA2 directly on Steam (like me) don't have French version. And they won't have it, never, because now it's an old story and who cares (I don't even expect an official answer to this post, because it's an old story and who cares) ?
I have the same feeling that the people who can play in french now bought the game in a box, then used steam to register and play it. They have the "french langage" option.

I am installing the game for the 7th time here to check, I have the usual 6 langages. I tried several manipulations (install on an english steam client, switch steam langages, etc). Nothing works.

b41c0846-504a-4abf-a574-015a5e358ad1.jpg

Unless I buy the game a 2nd time, in box version, I have the feeling I'll NEVER have the french version (I didn't think it could be so complicated to make). But I don't want to be forced to buy the same game, twice.

It's a big disappointment.

Like everytime I install this game, I'll play it some hours because it's, really, a great game, then I'll uninstall it because I have to concentrate more to understand the wonderful dialogs, than to make a strategy for battlefields.

I bought a game and I can't play it in my langage, OK it's bad, but what makes it much worse is that some other frog eaters like me, who bought the same game, can play it in french and not me, and in truth nobody seems to care (I can't think nobody knows why).

I am sorry, I don't want to sound like a childish drama queen, but this mistake will forbid me to buy an other Paradox game. Install a wonderful game 7 times, each time hope it will work properly, each time be deceived... It's really too hard. It's like seat front of a nice, big chocolate cake and only be able to eat the icing.

Last edited:
Hello !
I just bought this game from GamersGate. And I do not have that option.
I believe that this option is only for Steam version.
But I'll reinstall the game by putting it in the C :/.
How do I get this window? Because I'm right-clicked on the icon, nothing happens ...
Maybe I'm wrong and Gamersgate version is not multilinguage ...

Elryck : la version française du jeu semble être un mystère total. Certains affirment qu'il faut danser nu un soir de pleine lune enroulé dans du jambon pour en bénéficier.

Avec une version steam, je n'y ai jamais eu accès, même maintenant.
J'en conclus que seules les versions boîtes y avaient accès lors du passage obligé sur steam.

Développeurs et éditeurs se sont renvoyé la patate chaude pendant un moment ; maintenant qu'une VF est sortie, a priori personne ne sait comment faire pour que tout le monde en profite. La stratégie en vigueur est le silence total.

Oui, ce n'est pas très sérieux.

Mais comme je le disais plus haut, tout le monde s'en branle. Le jeu commence à dater, et de toute façon on a payé.

C'est bien mon sentiment.... Je l'ai acheté sur Gamersgate avec l'option multilanguage. Sur un autre site, on m'a dit que cela signifiait qu'il y avait la langue hongroise et anglaise. J'avoue que pour moi multilangue c'était plutôt du coté français...

Dommage. j'ai perdu du fric mais la prochaine fois, je n'achèterai qu'en boite.

Je ne sais pas si j'ai le droit mais j'ai acheté hier une version boite enregistrable via steam. Et elle est en VF. D'où coup, si cela peut aider, j'ai extrait les fichiers de textes traduits. Ils sont à mettre dans le fichier strings. Bien entendu, je n'ai rien touché ni piraté, ce sont les fichiers originaux de la version françaises pour ceux qui, comme moi, sont bloqué par la langue anglaise des version numériques.
traduction VF

Soit béni.

Je vais réinstaller le jeu de ce pas grace à toi.

Je ne sais pas non plus si c'est légal, mais enfin, si quelqu'un de Paradox l'avait fait avant toi (c'est pas compliqué quoi) je n'aurais pas accumulé des kilos de rancune contre eux au fil du temps :).

Last edited:
ce qui me fait un peu chier c'est d'avoir acheté deux jeu : sur gamersgate (pasque je 'naime pas trop le drm stream trop lourd et connection permanente) et le jeu boite. Du coup, la belle réduction faite dur gamersgate c'est envolée au final puisque cela m'a couté plus de 35 € la plaisanterie.
Mon pb est maintenant à traduire le DLC. Mais c'est long. Surtout si je suis seul à le faire...

Are you playing in France using France as your region in Steam? There should be a french localization in there :/