• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the Recongition of Armenia by the President of the Republic of Turkey, both me and the President have come to the conclusion that a ceasefire should be made.
I ask the President to confirm this ceasefire and thank him for his quick reaction and his intelligence towards the matter of armenia.

Last edited:
OOC: A message to everyone in all World in Revolution games, as well as everyone on IRC:

For those that live in the US or Canada, it's likely you've heard of Hurricane Sandy, which is rolling along the Atlantic Coast. Forecasts for my area put the likelihood of losing power for 7 to 10 days at around 75% or higher. Therefore, I might not be able to hand in orders, depending on the length of time that I'm without power. Sorry for the inconvenience to any players and GMs.

OOC: A message to everyone in all World in Revolution games, as well as everyone on IRC:

For those that live in the US or Canada, it's likely you've heard of Hurricane Sandy, which is rolling along the Atlantic Coast. Forecasts for my area put the likelihood of losing power for 7 to 10 days at around 75% or higher. Therefore, I might not be able to hand in orders, depending on the length of time that I'm without power. Sorry for the inconvenience to any players and GMs.

This could possibly apply for me as well.

400px-US_flag_48_stars.svg.png

The United States of America

President Roosevelt's Address to a Joint Session of Congress

Friends, Americans, we are at a turning point for our nation. One which we must choose between maintaining or freedoms or one in which we must choose other factors with which to replace it. I believe that America is fundamentally a free nation, where the only actions of the government should be to protect the people from exploitation and protecting the interests of Americans.

The United States is glad to invite Armenia and the Central American Republic to the international community. However, to the later, we will broker no claims on territory that is a part of our nation. To the disaffected Panamanians, with the support of Congress, we can take the steps to make Panama and incorporated territory of the United States of America!

However, we are perturbed by the continued non-response from the Chinese Court regarding the Treaty of Shanghai. We desire a prompt response be made to the treaty.

On the matter of question put before Congress, and specifically the House of Representatives, I instruct them to decide upon the next president of the United States. I propose that the House determine the top candidates by each caucus selecting their first and second choice candidates. Then elect the next President of these United States.

On the candidates, I would like to reiterate my previous statements. Morgan, La Follette, and Wilson are all good men, each with their own particular characteristics that make them invaluable to our nation, each in their own right. However, the primary threat to our nation's well being at this time is economic, an area that Mr. Morgan has wealth of experience in this field, hence the reason for my support. I believe Mr. La Follette will carry forward the torch of progressivism, however, it would be imprudent to charge blindly forward. As though the intentions are assuredly noble, is it not better for a man to work and earn his "square deal" than to languish because all the places of work are shuddered? Mr. Wilson has his qualities, principally his scholarship and calm decision making. Yet now is a time for action, not scholar debate, particularly the greatest economic minds of the world have just conceived a new roadmap for development during the recent New York Economic Conference. With these considerations in mind, I believe Mr. Morgan to be the man best equipped to lead our nation in this time of crisis.

Now is a time for America to grow and prosper! May our nation always embrace science, industry, and entrepreneurship! America will soon grow again and the nation return to an even keel.

~President Theodore Roosevelt.

500px-China_Qing_Dynasty_Flag_1889.svg.png

The Qing Emperor Ruler of all under Heaven has decided under a long and difficult court Debate to reject the terms of the treaty of Shanghai. For far too long have the Western Powers been chipping away at China's sovereignty for too long. The line in the sand has been drawn. China will not step back one more inch. If you truly want us too come and force us. But now China's time has come. Before you try to enact your foolish treaty I request yourself how much is the life of your citizens worth. Are they worth whatever minor concessions you may be able to drive out of us. Well I suppose you'll just have to ask that yourself. Regardless as the great Roman General Gaius Julius Caesar said before he cross the Rubicon ,Alea Iacta Est, The Die is cast. Are you willing to see where it lands?

OOC: Hmm, well China is not screwed. At all.

John_D._Rockefeller_1917_painting.jpg

From the Desk of John D. Rockefeller

New York, New York

In this election cycle, I have had not, and rightly so, stayed above the fray of the Candidates bickering and the squabble. However, it is with the utmost of concern that I must spring to action. This entire time I have seen as the President of the United States has expanded American influence around the world. From what I understand, two candidates stand instantly to promote these same world views, those of the Carnegie-backed Mr. LaFollette and the infamous head of the House of Morgan, Mr. Morgan himself. This leads me to a Candidate of Peace. One that, I feel, will be a good President. It is with this that I will ask the United States House of Representatives to support. I throw my full and entire support to Woodrow Wilson to be elected the next President of the United States. While I understand that this issue will polarize a country that is already deeply divided amongst ourselves. However, the new, rising threat in the Orient is nothing for a Money Man or a man built from Steel to combat. While I would not be the first one to say this, while we all deeply wish that President Roosevelt could attempt to solve this problem, I feel that a President Wilson will be able to react to it the best.

Thank you,
John D. Rockefeller
wuQAW.png

Last edited:
OOC: Rockefeller is a Commie! Burn him at the stake!

The French Parliament would like to notify the Qing Despot of Clause IV, sub-set a in the Treaty of Shanghai:
Treaty of Shanghai said:
a) Should the Qing Emperor fail to sign this treaty, all signatories shall declare war in order to force the acceptance of these terms, in addition to more terms, to be added in the event of war

As such, a state of war now exits between the Third French Empire and China. We implore the other signatories to fulfill their treaty-bound obligations and follow France in declaring war against the great Tyrant of the East. The Qing dynasty has opposed peaceful Western diplomacy at all turns, and now the full consequences of his actions will come to bear. The autocrat of China's world is about to come crashing down upon his shoulders, as he lays tangled in his web of deceit and treachery.

Last edited:
Her Majesty's Government is saddened, if not surprised, at the latest act of capriciousness on the part of the Chinese Emperor. Having been offered a generous diplomatic solution, the terms of which he had previously accepted in theory, he now arbitrarily repudiates the very treaty that would preserve our mutual interests without conflict. It is clear that the Chinese Government is so throttled by corruption and kleptocratic practice that it cannot even be relied upon to accept a treaty of its own creation. As such, they shall now bear full responsibility for all subsequent bloodshed.

Having exhausted every alternative recourse to the crisis in China, and being no longer willing to tolerate the illegal assaults on her citizens and commercial interests, Her Majesty's Government must now announce that a state of war exists between the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Chinese Empire.

Her Majesty, Wilhelmina, Queen of the Netherlands

7533_1127734149240_1103785250_30343111_3712836_n.jpg

Due to the Qing's rejection of Treaty of Shanghai, the Kingdom of Italy announces that a state of war exists now exists between Qing Empire and The Kingdom of Italy, our military mission will be departing Syria to meet this new threat. Deus vult!

~ Victor Emmanuel III By the Grace of God and Will of the People, King of Italy, Grand Marshal of Italy, King of Pain

Last edited:
In accordance with the Treaty of Shanghai, the Kingdom of Spain hereby declares war on the Qing State.

~ His Royal Majesty Alfonso XIII, King of Spain, President of the Royal Spanish Parliament

The Free State of Turkey joins the Nations of the World in signing the Treaty of Shanghai. And as such, declares war on the Qing Dynasty.

The UK will fulfill its obligations to take part in enforcing this treaty. We will take care to avoid unnecessary disruptions to the Empire though and will only involve ourselves as is safe to do so.

We are also glad that the peoples of Greece, Armenia and Turkey are resolving their diplomatic issues.

Last edited:
As it is clear that the international community shall honour the very agreement that the Chinese Court abrogated, Her Majesty's Government suggests a framework be developed for strategic military coordination against the Boxer rebels and their enablers in Chinese officialdom. We suggest that each signatory nation of the Declaration of Batavia and the Treaty of Shanghai commit a minimum contingent of 15,000 troops to the Chinese campaign. As matters currently stand, this would result in the formation of a multi-national force of 150,000 men - more than sufficient to restore the international settlements and suppress the Boxer rebellion. Naturally, any nation that feels so inclined may contribute further military assets as they consider necessary. Arrangements must be made for the conveyance of this multi-national force to China, as well as the strategy of their deployment. Furthermore, the navies of the signatory nations must act in concert to blockade the Chinese coast, so facilitating our campaign in China.

Her Majesty, Wilhelmina, Queen of the Netherlands