• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hereby drop my bid for the presidency and endorse Charles E. Huntington.

~Sen. Cunningham-Baker

I want to make clear my stances on all major subjects. This is what I believe, and this is what the American people will get if I am elected.

Abortion: We need to face a reality as a nation. Abortion will happen whether it's legal or not. When it is legal, the women involved are safer and do not have to break the law. I am pro-choice to help prevent crime and to ensure the safety of America's women.

Affirmative Action: People should get into colleges because they are brilliant, not because the college needs to fill it's quota. Saying anything different is racism, because you're saying that certain races need help to be equal, because they aren't as brilliant. Any minority can produce the finest minds and the greatest businessmen, and they prove it all the time.

Agriculture: Agriculture must be regulated, as what we eat has a serious effect on us. We cannot allow conglomerates to control such a vital part of American life.

Budget and the economy: America has gotten the idea that we can tax like a small government state and spend like a big government state. Once in office this will be the first problem that I intend to tackle. No more reckless spending, and no more tax breaks.

Campaign financing: Corporations aren't people, otherwise Texans would be executing them for criminal activity. Only people have a right to be represented, not business.

Censorship and the internet: Freedom of speech means taking the good with the bad. If people want to burn the flag, they are protected by freedom of speech. If people want to shout about how we aren't free, they are also protected by freedom of speech. There cannot be censorship in America.

Church vs state: I am a devout Christian, and firmly believe in the church's ability to help people. However, despite the many places religion can be of use, politics is not one of them. I firmly support secularization.

Civil rights: All men were created equal, weren't they? And I think if the founding fathers were around now, they would add all women as well. There can be no discrimination or generalizations based simply on race.

Global warming: America is a big contributor to what is happening to this planet. We need to have efficient and clear cut regulations to stop it.

Crime: You cannot address crime without also addressing gun control and drugs. Both of these have a significant impact on crime, and to prevent crime we'd better start focusing on those issues.

Drugs: I myself, personally loathe the idea of using mind altering substances. However, illegal substances create a large portion of the crime in America. If we legalize marijuana and other controlled substances, they can be handled by government regulated business. This will help eliminate profit margins for smugglers and prevent organized crime.

Education: The power of democracy lies it's people. If all voters are not well informed and capable, then democracy fails. There must be federal funding for college scholarships, and federal funding for teachers and students. And there must be a lot of it.

Taxes: In the end, there is only a little difference between a personal fortune of 500 million dollars and a personal fortune of 1 billion. I support 50% taxes on each dollar made over 10 million, and 75% taxes on each dollar made over 50 million. If the super-rich are the patriots that they contiguously say they are, then they should have no problem paying all of these taxes.

Gay rights: The struggle for Gay rights should have ended a long time ago. As citizens they have all the rights granted them by the constitution, including freedom of religion. As long as they can find a individual to wed them, they can. It is a personal matter. There is nothing in the constitution that denies them the right to marry the one they love.

Gun Control: People kill people. That has been true from the beginning of time. Guns just make it easier. I will work as president to ban privately owned assault weapons. Why any person would want to make a murder's job easier is beyond me.

Healthcare: Healthcare costs are responsible for 50% of bankrupts in the United States. Although expensive, a national healthcare system, can eliminate these costs and give more spending money to middle class families and jump start the economy.

Illegal immigrants: Illegal immigration is wrong. But how can we let these people who wish to live in America their dream? I will work as president to make legal immigration easier. If people want to live in America, they should be able to do so without breaking the law.

Political corruption: As politician I owe my job to the voters who elected me. My first loyalty will always be to them, not friends I might have in business or patrons. And any politician whose loyalty is to money had better be ready to be unemployed.

War and peace: The war in Afghanistan has gone on too long and we're getting nowhere. It's time to accept the fact that we are doing more harm to the people of Afghanistan then we are helping them. We need to withdraw up to 80% of our troops, and have the rest train the Afghan army. This is a fight that only they can win.

State of the Union: America today has problems. This is nothing new. Every since 1776 we've had problems. And each time we've faced those problems and overcome them. This is no different. Pessimism will get us nowhere. It's time American politicians, no matter how partisan, no matter how radical, came together and said "let's fix these problems." Don't talk about it, and don't beat around the bush. We can pull through, just as we always have, and not only keep America the best country on earth, but we can make it even better!

- Tomas Hardy of California, Presidential Candidate

As a Democratic Nomination these are my stances on major political issues facing our nation:

Abortion: I believe its a women's right to choose, I am pro-choice and would open a support group to help women decide or find the right doctor.

Affirmation Action: Is completely unacceptable, people should not be regarded higher or go to certain colleges because of their ethnicity or skin color! Also its racist, that's bringing back discrimination to America that we don't need.

Agriculture: Is the backbone of America, I would give increased Agricultural subsidies, also I would help farmers by increasing the development of agricultural communities. I would try and stop chemicals used on fresh fruits and vegetables that can be unsafe to Americans.

Budget & Economy: I would cut spending in the military and NASA departments, increase it in the Agricultural and Social services area. I would leave the rest of the budget alone while keeping taxes pretty much the same but increasing it in states that have low tax rates.

Campaign Financing: I would just allow the people to finance the campaigns though donations.

Censorship and Internet: How can we call America a free nation when we spy and regulate what happens or they do on the internet? We cannot control people through the internet and create boundaries. America and the internet should both be two free places to go.

Church vs. State: I am Christian but I do not believe in having the church and state intertwined. The church is for prayer and religion and the state is for politics and laws. I am for secularization.

Civil Rights: All me and women were created equally so there will be no racism and discrimination in the future of America.

Global Warming: The USA is a nation on this earth, so we must take care of it. I would invest in looking for a clean energy source, and help clean up our streets and neighborhoods with street cleaning initiatives.

Drugs: I am the number one advocate against drugs. I think we need to increase the police forces dealing in the drugs department and also increasing police forces against drug smugglers.

Education: I think education is one of the most important thing a person should have, I would send the department of education to the states but the federal government will keep paying for federal run universities.

Taxes: Increase the taxes for rich Americans, making over millions of dollars.

Gay rights: Everyone has their right to choose who they are and are going to be in love with. The state should not interfere in that, so I believe in full rights to gays.

Gun control: I am also a main advocate on gun control. I think we need to eliminate big assault weapons while other guns should have more restrictions.

Healthcare: Healthcare is America's biggest business, isn't that sad. If I were elected I would have everyone on a free healthcare system, that would work. The medical expenses will be payed by Americans in their taxes, so they don't have to pay out of pocket to America healthcare businesses while I would create a department of health in each state to watch over their medical systems.

Illegal immigration: Its wrong, so I would make in easier to come to America, so you don't have to do it legally. But if already caught as one in our nation, I would check if they can sustain a decent job, and our not criminals, If they pass, they shall take the test to become a American citizen.

Political Corruption: Its disgusting, Americans give you their trust and you just take it for granted. I would reduce the amount of political corruption by increasing police forces that deal with corruption and give Americans the truth.

War and Peace: We will remove most troops from Afghanistan and keep some officers to train the Afghan national forces. I would maintain peace and close down Fort Bonsteel in Kosovo and open one more in Iraq to regulate the Iranians.

- William G. East (NC-D) Presidential candidate

It seems to me Senator East is the same person as Senator Hardy. Their views are near identical. I think one of them should drop out.

(( Now that I read Mr. Hardy's it seems like we do...))

But I shall not drop out due to my staunch stance on few political issues...

- Senator William G. East (NC-D) Presidential candidate

Last edited:
Abortion: I support the repeal of Roe v. Wade; abortion rights should be handled by the states, not the Federal government.

Affirmation Action: I support a wholly meritocratic system; end all Affirmative Action programmes.

Agriculture: I support agriculture; I oppose government subisdizing, funding, or any form of hand out to corporations businesses/ Downsize subsidies immediately (though keep some for small farms).

Budget & Economy: I support a general cut in spending, in addition to tax cuts in the future (once the debt has been lowered); I also support the repeal of most federal regulations on business, save antitrust and safety regulations.

Censorship and Internet: I oppose any form of censorship; not only will I support a lew banning such government interference on the internet, I will support lessening restrictions on radio and otehr media.

Church vs. State: I belive the affairs of religion are none of the business of the government; the reverse is also true. Keep them separate.

Civil Rights: I support the repeal the 1965 Civil Rights Act, and replace with something that hands the government less power. A true move to a freer, more equal society, will happen once the government steps out of the way.

Global Warming: I believe we should open up the energy market to legitimate competition to fuel progress.

Drugs: We need to repeal all federal drug laws; this is the domain of the states.

Education: Reduce funding for public schools, but support a broad voucher programme. Privatised education, with limited government interference, will produce better results.

Taxes: We should maintain current taxes for now (though I support ending tax shelters for the rich); once the debt has been lowered, move America to a low flat tax.

Gay rights: This is for the states to decide; the Federal government will take no stance.

Gun control: We need to end federal gun control, and challenge state and local antigun laws; we cannot overturn the Second Amendment.

Healthcare: Free the market and enact useful reformative measures to make healthcare more affordable and a true market, rahter than the corrupt conglomerate of government-backed monopolies.

Illegal immigration: I support a path to citizenship for illegals living in the country already; make it easier to become a citizen in general.

Political Corruption: Decrease the size and power of government, you decrease the size and power of corruption.

War and Peace: Withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan fully; as well, close our overseas bases.

- Charles E. Huntingon (WV-R) Presidential candidate

Abortion: I believe in a women's right to choose. Abortion is going to happen whether you like it or not so we should provide a safe and clean environment for them to do so.
Affirmative Action: I believe it should be significantly reduced and eventually eliminated, but we need to understand that in certain areas it is still necessary.
Agriculture: Subsidize small farms but eliminate subsidies to corporate farms.
Censorship and internet: I oppose censorship of any kind unless it can be proven to be harmfull to someone else's safety or freedoms.
Church and State: Church and state must be completely separated.
Civil rights: Eliminate de facto discrimination laws disguised as something else (i.e. racist drug laws and voter ID laws)
Global Warming: We need to increase funding to alternative energy and public transport to reduce our emissions.
Drugs: We need to drastically change our approach to the war on drugs, it should be treated as a public health issue not a security issue.
Education: We need to increase spending on public education and raise educational standards on the schools as well.
Taxes: Return to Clinton era tax rates, possibly lower taxes in the future if the deficit problem is solved.
Gay Rights: I strongly believe that gay rights are guaranteed by the constitution.
Gun Control: I believe in the right to bear arms and the right to be able to defend yourself. I am a gun owner myself and I plan on reducing federal gun laws and ensure that states allow their citizens gun rights.
Healthcare: I support the affordable health care act but plan on replacing it with a single payer system in the future
Illegal immigration: America has always been the land of opportunity, we need to make it easier for immigrants to take the path to citizenship.
Political corruption: Restrict campaign donations and try to reduce gerrymandering in state legislatures.
War and Peace: Withdraw completely from Iraq and gradually leave Afghanistan, reduce foreign bases but increase foreign aid.

-James Clinton Neill (D-VA) presidential candidate.

Berliner Morgenpost

It is not often that this commentator, after nearly 30 years of work, is at a loss of words, but the recent week has surely been the most unpredictable, improbable and astounding in my career. Although news are scarce about what happened exactly, the United States of America experienced probably the most serious turmoil since the Civil War.

It all began, when news spread about further advancements in the Iranian Nuclear Weapons program. Without a doubt this program is a threat to the western world, although even more to the Middle East. But from that point the situation in Washington DC nearly escalated into a second Civil War.

At first all seemed to boil down into a constitutional crisis over the question whether the President may declare war without consulting the Congress or not. And the Supreme Court ruled in an emergency decision, that this is not the case and the War Powers Act of 1973 contradicts the constitution.

All events from then on are behind a mist of uncertainty. Undoubtedly the National Guard in the states of Oregon, West Virginia and New Hampshire has been mobilized for about 24 hours. Further it is undisputed, that a mobilized unit of the United States Marine Corps has entered the district of Columbia and marched toward the White House. Shortly later the White House and the Congress issued a mutual statement, that President Brown and his Vice President resigned from Office due to "health issues" and new Presidential elections would be held soon.

This event, that is unprecedented in the almost 250 years since the Declaration of Independence, casts a shadow on the country that tends to see itself as "land of the free and the home of the brave". The American media is suspiciously quiet about this incident, but the Internet is going wild with rumors. Allegedly the Marine Corps did storm the White House and arrest President Brown in a state of mental instability.

scaled.php

President Brown shortly after being arrested (Source: Internet)

Although we are stunned by these events, we hope that the United States of America will come back to itself and overcome these times of troubles that spawn things like "Free New Hampshire"-T-shirts and "Vote Kingfish"-stickers.

Last edited:
OOC: love the picture.