• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In response to the letter sent by Edward

Atherstone_Coat_of_Arms_zps4708fcac.png

With William's cowardly flight, it is clear to me there is no reason to fight on. I can fight, and my family can die, or I can submit to you. I can only hope you will be a merciful, and strong ruler. Regardless, I lay down my arms, and will swear fealty to you. I can only hope my friend Count Starborn will join me.

-Count Peregrine, of the House Artageth

An Open Letter to the Lords of Mivean, from Count Sumner of Daggerfall...

300px-Escudo_de_Armas_de_Eslovenia.png

Lords of Mivean,

Shirking all counsel of surrender, my liege has instead fled from his holdings rather then face his brother. A shameful act of cowardice, though such acts can seem attractive to even the stoutest of hearts when one's life is believed to be at risk. I cannot fault him for leaving, though had he heeded my counsel, he would have remained, surrendered and plead for mercy. From the beginning, our cause was doomed, but my obligations to my liege were paramount, and such oaths I carry to whatever end awaits me. I can only assume that William Aime has forfeited his title and as such all oaths of fealty toward him. I hereby swear Daggerfall to his majesty, Edward Aime of Cowen, King of Mivean. I promise on my faith that I will in the future be faithful to King Edward, never cause him harm and will observe my homage to him completely against all persons in good faith and without deceit. May God cast divine punishment down upon me should my oath prove empty. Hail King Edward. May his reign be just.

Daggerfall has suffered through this ordeal, with lives lost upon the waters of Trader's Bay to the forces of Lazuli. Let it be known that my house holds no ill will toward House Somme-Chevalier as their actions perpetuated against us were born from oaths and loyalty. Our banners are hereby struck and I shall be pursuing peace as this conflict comes to a close.

It is a comfort that peace has prevailed. God bless you all.

~Sumner Starborn.
Count of Daggerfall.

Last edited:
Bishop Hector Roux, after long and deep thought, pens a letter to the Patriarch.

Your Holiness,

It is with my deepest apologies that I send this letter so late, with only the activeness required on my part, in Mellions, due to the events of late being my sole excuse. While it may seem that the Civil War has been stillborn, and that the lands of the Church, and the sanctity of us brothers in faith remains inviolable, I still find myself desirous of enshrining the neutrality of the Church.

As such, I do pledge, in the sight, and name, of God to seek out the murderers of Cardinal Visran. Those who spilled the blood of a holy man shall find no peace in this life, or the next, and I will do my part to bring these fiends to justice.

God bless you, and keep you,

~ Hector Roux
Bishop of Mellions

Public statement from King Edward V
“With the war now over and the realm once again at peace, I command that you all stand down and stop this bloodshed, my kingdom has suffered but little in the war, as thus it should not suffer during peace. The Realm has many issues at hand which is why that I have the summoned the court of nobles to session this coming January to discuss the status of the realm."

To His Grace, Magnus, Duke of Ravens Hall

Your Grace, Duke Magnus, you have committed actions which have led to people accusing you of murder and deceit, as such I summon you to make an account of yourself, your house, and your actions at the Court of Nobles this coming January, where you shall be judge by three judges and a jury of your peers.

It has also reached me that you hold Henry Guerrin, your son-in-law and now heir to the Duchy of Temeria, I command you to at once release him, should you decide not to, you will have condemned yourself.

-His Majesty, Edward V, King of Mivian

A letter reaching the Lords of the Kingdom

My lords, the Court of Nobles have been summoned this coming January to discuss the matters of our Kingdom. The main issues resolves around His Grace, Magnus, Duke of Ravens Hall and his actions, he will come before the court and give an account of his actions and reasons, it will be the duty of the court to decide if he is guilty of any law breaks, or if he is innocent.

There will also be a trail to decide whether His Grace, Michael, Duke of Temeria is guilty of High Treason against the realm and land, due to his actions in the recent civil war.

As such I command the nobles of this realm to nominate three judges among you of your choice whom the accused shall plead their cases to, if found guilty then the judges will advise me in their sentences.

- His Majesty, Edward V, King of Mivian

A letter send to Lords of the realm

To the Lords of the Realm

House Steelbeard has long valued justice as the most paramount of virtues, as such I, Mathias Steelbeard, Duke of Calderia, am obliged to put myself forward as a candidate to judge the accused at the upcoming trials. I hope I will be supported in this.

His Grace, Mathias, Duke of Calderia

Steelbeard%20coat%20of%20arms.png

The lord of Aksarben would like to make it known that while he was fully aware of the intentions of his duke, it was not until after the plan had already been set out, and he was not involved in anyway with the murder. The lord agreed to aid his duke in his search to capture the Duke of Tremeria should he escape into Aksarben, however his troops were ordered to deliver the duke to Round Rock unharmed in order to use him as a bargaining tool to help end the civil war.

The war had a swift end, mostly to my liking, a good stable realm was all we needed, a man on the throne.
There was still a lot to do however, with the camp as Eisenwier still partially being in tact it would have to be dismantled, as well as the subject of our King appointing his King's council.
Also a letter had arrived from the King, about the judgement of the Duke of Raven's Hall for his... less than adequate actions, as well as Duke Michael Guerrin's treason was to be decided. He was asking for possible judges.

After a while of thinking I came to a conclusion and wrote back.

To the Lords and Ladies of the Realm,

I hereby would like to nominate the Comte of Lydes, Richard Remache and the Count of Carillion, Louis Orléans as candidates for the judgement of both cases, the actions by Duke Magnus Blackgate of Raven's Hall and the actions of Duke Michael Guerrin of Temeria. I have chosen these two men as they will know most of what has happened around these times, being that Duke Michael Guerrin is their liege lord.

For my last vote I would like to put on my liege, Duke Mathias, as a more independent factor in this case.

May their judgement be right and swift, as the realm has a lot of other matters to attend to.

Signed,
David Sommet
Lord of the Lower Plait
il_340x270.458910132_ayfm.jpg

The Comte and Count are our best bet, they were there, they could judge best, at least that was my logic...
I gave the letters to my servant Michael to send them on their way.

Last edited:
To his majesty King Edward V​
Your majesty i hope i find yourself in good health and humor with the recent end of the civil war. For i know you must be very busy in the comings days i will make this letter short and to the point. The war may have been short but battles were fought and blood spilled in your name, even if they were few. I myself navigated the seas, and launched an invasion of the island of Knifepoint, to be captured in your name as staged zone of a invasion of the Daggerfall county and the Pretender duchy of Pilarch in your name. The fight was bloody and many men and expensive equipment were lost. The motive of this letter, for i hope you dont find it too scandalous is to remind your busy person , for things always escape the mind when one is so busy as yourself my king, is that rewarding the valiant efforts of your vassals and supporters, is of the utmost importance to be done, for that has been the way from the beginning of civilized times. It is of course not my place to suggest what kind of rewards, unless wishes by your magnanimous person to be done. I hope i find your nights are pleasant and that the throne is everything your person expected it to be. Your loyal servant Count Claude Somme-Chevalier D'Manche

Letter to realm​
Lords of the kingdom, it is my believe that the counts that where previously under the duke of Temeria are not adequate judges for their duke nor of the Blackgate family crimes, for they are to close to the events and to involved on them. I offer myself however to give a judgement in accordance to kingdom laws and punishment adequate to it, as a more neutral party.

A Letter to Count Sumner, from his sworn knight, Tommeth of Westgate...

150px-Ivano-Frankivsk_coa.png

House Westgate
Sworn to House Starborn

"Faith and Service."

My liege,

We have uncovered the name of the assailant whom murdered Cardinal Visran. It was a man by the name of William. Rumours that it may have been Duke William of Aime are unfounded, as the murder had fled east after the crime. It seems that the criminal has built a sturdy support network of contacts and aid among the baseborns, as my men and I were attacked, and delayed from getting this news to you sooner. Fear not, the House Hawthorne has been instrumental in providing aid and vanquishing those who aided the killer.

Furthermore, we have learned that Count Louis Orleans of Carillion is also investigating the murder of the late Cardinal. I suggest we pool our resources and work closely with the Carillion agents so that we may speed the justice owed in the name of Mivean and our fallen king.

Yours in faith and service,
~Ser Tommeth of Westgate

A letter to the lords of the Realm,
Fellow Lords of Mivean, the war has ended and we are at peace. But there is still work to be done judging the cases of the Lords Guerrin and Blackgate. I nominate myself as judge, because I believe that the neutral stance I took during the conflict allows me to have an unbiased look towards both of the accused. I am also a relatively minor lord, and so I have no stake in the judgement of these two powerful lords.
However, if my lowly status is a problem, I support my cousin Claude, a man of noble judgement and clear-sighted wisdom.
-Sir Luke Somme-Chevalier

A Letter to Count Louis Orleans of Carillion...

To the Honourable Count Louis Orleans...

God bless you in this new day of peace. It has come to my attention that you are actively investigating the murder of Cardinal Visran. I applaud your hunger for justice and would like to propose a pact of cooperation between our agents in the Crownlands, as I too have dispatched men to uncover the truth behind this heinous crime. We have uncovered, as I am sure you have too, that the assailant has fled east. Let us give chase together with haste.

Respectfully awaiting your reply,

~Sumner Starborn.
Count of Daggerfall.

Letter to the realm​
With this letter and from the nobles interested into the trial i count Claude support: 3)Mathias, Duke of Calderia2)Sir Luke Comme-Chevalier1)And myself Count Claude Comme chevalier

EjQNCfAC0jF9IA3hyLp8dg.jpg

I believe the best Judges for both cases coming before the Court of Nobles would be 1) Myself, Louis Orléans, Count of Carillion, 2) Richard Remache, Count of Lydes and 3) Mathias Duke of Calderia.

~Louis Orléans, Count of Carillion

Letters Between Sumner the Younger and Count Sumner the Old...

Lord Grandfather,

I apologize for my absence this past year. Grandmother's death took a dreadful toll on me. We were close, you know this. I will never forget our long walks in the gardens, nor the countless wisdoms she imparted unto me, if only I had the ears to listen. I have taken up a temporary residence at Holme, where I await your reply. If you should permit it, I would like to return to Swordstone, to resume my duties.

Sincerely,
~Sumner.

Grandson,

Do not attempt to twang my heartstrings with a perceived closeness to Ulessa. Do you think I did not share a fondness of her? Yet I remained where I was needed, and did not shirk my duties. Your father led an army in Pilarch, your cousins, the Scythesons, bled upon Trader's Bay to keep the county safe, and where were you?

The Dagger Mountains? Heathen's Rock?

Do you think me blind, boy? I know the company which you have taken up with. You will return to Swordstone, at once and begin to conduct yourself befitting of a man of your station. One day you will rule this land.

Come home, or as God as my witness, I will throw you in a cell, blood of mine, or not.

~Sumner Starborn.
Count of Daggerfall.

Last edited:
3L9QHio.jpg

To the Lords and Ladies of the Realm,

My Lords, while some of you may have seen fit to try and appoint judges already, I send this letter in haste so you will realize the potential candidates first, and why some of your choices are wrong. While Count Orleans and Comte Remache are both honorable men, who I respect a great deal, I fear that having twovassals attend the hearing of their lord is far too much. I would be fine with one, and of those two I would support the Count of Carillion. Secondly, having Count Claude and a member of his own dynasty is dangerous, and I would not advise those of you to keep your votes. Perhaps you wish for corruption, but I wish for justice!

This is why I support the following judges: Myself, Duke Edwin Van Maylfwick, the Louis Orléans, Count of Carillion and Sir Luke Somme-Chevalier, to stand as the impartial and neutral vote, for he was in the capital and had no dealings with either side.​

A Letter from Sumner the Younger, to an unknown person...

My Grandfather knows about us, I know naught how. Get out of Heathen's Rock once you get this.
Please forgive me for what is to follow, and for what I must do...

~S.

P3yKPIn.png
To His Majesty King Edward of Mivean

To His Majesty the King:

Your Majesty has received, I am sure, may letters of congratulations. Indeed, such compliments are very much in order. Success against your brother, the Pretender, well warrants such commendation, and I add my name to the litany of nobles and courtiers extending their felicitations to Your Majesty on the great occasion of your coronation.

The subject of this letter, however, is not only to convey what are assuredly heartfelt sentiments of joy upon Your Majesty’s recent triumph in Mivean Succession Crisis, but also to address the matter which now presents itself: the matter of governing the kingdom.

The administration of Your Majesty’s domain is no simple task. For example, the Duchy of Cowen and the March of the Upper Plait are both in the mountainous east. As such, the needs of the coastal territories of the west are less familiar too us. Forming a council which draws on a variety of expertise is, I feel, essential to effective governance of the kingdom and may, moreover, be an instrument for reconciling erstwhile opponents to Your Majesty.

The flight of Your Majesty’s brother is a subject of particular concern. While it is most excellent that the Duke of Pilarch should have fled the kingdom, two important matters relating to his escape require Your Majesty’s attention.

First, tracking the whereabouts of William the Pretender must be of paramount importance. His disgraceful departure may have lost him the loyalty of his vassals in Mivean, but does not prevent the pretender from securing foreign assistance. Indeed, our neighbours are eager to sow instability in Mivean, and William, in desperate hope to gain the throne, would provide any number of promises in exchange for foreign support. Bearing this in mind, a capable spy-master seems a very necessary appointment.

Perhaps a merchant, or a courtier involved in some manner of commerce, would be a suitable spy-master, as his comings-and-goings from place to place can simply and convincingly be explained as a search for business opportunities. The House of Remanche, having only recently been elevated to the nobility, has long been a mercantile family, from whose ranks I suspect a suitable candidate for the post of spy-master can be found.

Nicolas Remanche, from what I gather, is a qualified young man who, as a second son, has limited prospects of succeeding to the family’s lands along the coast. Myself, a second son who succeeded by extraordinary fortune to the March of the Upper Plait, sympathise with the somewhat awkward circumstances in which all second sons find themselves. Nicolas is two years old than I, and is soon to be my brother-in-law following my forthcoming marriage to his younger sister, Lady Anne of Lydes, [soon to be Marchioness Anne of the Upper Plait]. I ask that Your Majesty considers the credentials of Nicolas, the Baron Nemour, when examining candidates for the post of spy-master.

The second matter relating to the flight of Your Majesty’s brother is the question of his lands and titles in Mivean. It stands to reason that the lands and titles of the Pretender, in his course of contesting your succession, should be regarded as forfeit and be awarded to an alternative nobleman. The Count of Daggerfall, recently bereaved of his wife, the redoubtable Lady Ulessa, has been a prominent opponent of Your Majesty’s succession. It may thus seem peculiar for Your Majesty to grant a ducal title to a nobleman who, mere moments ago, was regarded as a staunch and powerful adversary.

Yet, it should not pass notice that the Count of Daggerfall remained loyal to his liege until the moment when the Pretender took cowardly flight from the Kingdom. Indeed, it was clear prior to William’s escape that his cause was lost, but Lord Starborn remained loyally at his side. This quality of loyalty should not be overlooked. Moreover, loyalty, even in opposition, ought not to be weighed as a demerit to the Count of Daggerfall, but should instead add to his already estimable reputation. I am prompted therefore to intercede with Your Majesty to show clemency to the Count of Daggerfall, and, if Your Majesty’s generosity can be further prevailed upon, to consider granting the Duchy of Pilarch to the House of Starborn.

If Your Majesty will permit, there is one final matter which I hope to address in this letter. The end of civil strife has brought about a period of peace in our fair kingdom, and all about the land there is deep appreciation that the fighting has come to a close. Yet, it is an ancient saying, si vis pacem, para bellum. “If you wish to live in peace, prepare for war.” As such, we cannot allow our martial spirit to slacken in these peaceful times. Amongst the noblemen who rallied to Your Majesty’s cause, it is well known that my brother, the Count of the Lower Plait, raised armies of considerable size and quality. His military prowess is not unknown and his skill not only on the battlefield, but also in maintaining the morale of the army and commanding the loyalty of his soldiers, has earned him a reputation as not simply an able but a remarkable general. To award Count David a seat at the Council Table as the Marshal of the Realm would, I feel, be a most excellent decision.

In this letter I have included my thoughts on few of the subjects that face the kingdom. In this message I have asked nothing for myself [save what Your Majesty may decide, in your wisdom, to grant] and seek not to influence any of Your Majesty’s decision, but only to do what I have always done: to speak my mind to Your Majesty, and provide a sincere opinion on all things. An honest trait which I feel is the bedrock of the companionship between us. Of course, as in all things, I commend the matter entirely to Your Majesty’s capable judgement.

Alistair Sommet,
Marquis of the Upper Plait

0HWa5oe.png

150px-Saviour.png

Marshal Wyce
of
House Hawthorn

To the honourable Stephen of Scytheson, Lord of Knifepoint,

I have been commissioned by His Lordship, Count Sumner of Starborn, to escort your son, Lyle of Scytheson, to Swordstone to answer to the crimes of Pirating and brigandry as the fighting forces of Daggerfall defended the realm from threats. Lyle will present himself to your city's main gate where I await him. From there he shall be taken to Swordstone to receive judgement for his crimes.

The Lord Starborn wished me to pass along this message as well...

"False reports remain false in mine eyes, for they will see only truth."

You have until nightfall to cede to my lawful demand.

~Wyce of Hawthorn,
Marshal of Daggerfall

Last edited: