• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Up, up and away!

As things in the lower vaults heated up Shatner and his squad sat in silent desperation waiting for some news from below them. They waited for hours until the Overseer or Princeps made his speech. They also listened over their pip boys as the doctor and the opposition made their replies known. William seemed to come to a decision after this, deciding that he wouldn't follow the overseer and that he wouldn't kill any fellow member of his vault he lead his squad to the vault door. There he asked all of them a simple question stay or leave. When all was said and done eight of his squad mates agreed to come with him while two decided to stay. Leading the group back into the first level he had his men gather their families and had the two who would not be going hand their gear over to him. Then collecting a few days worth of provisions he headed back to the door. Pulling down the lever on the control panel the old thing gave a great rusty heave as it came back and then slid off. William led his party forward into the tunnel ahead switching on his pip-boy light for better visibility. Eventually he could see a faint light ahead of him an old door at the end of the tunnel. Opening it he found a set of stairs that lead up into the ruins of an old restaurant. A cold wind blew in and outside Will could see the ground was covered in a few inches of snow and that there was a frozen lake beyond him. It was all so terribly bright and it took his eyes a few minutes to adjust. When they did he saw a sign which read North Meadow, Central Park. And in the distance he saw the husks of old sky scrapers jutting jaggedly into the sky. Setting a fire he decided to have his party spend the day here while he decided what to do. Inside the bar he found several bottles of Nuka-Cola which they all shared.

[The Vault has been Opened, William Shatner Leads a party of 30, Vault Location set at the North Meadow in Central Park NYC, William must decide what to do next oh also it's winter and also the second squad no longer exists]

Orders: Heavy weaponry including shotguns and assault riffles are being distributed from the armory to all active and loyal security officers. They are to be used as a last resort against the revolting masses. If there is the real danger that a felow officer will be seriously injured or killed by the rebels, you are authorized to fire into the crowd and eliminate the threat. The remnants of 2nd squad at the door are ordered to barricade the entrance and prevent anything and anyone from entering or leaving until further notice.

Vault 191, Union HQ, Level 3.​

Steve stands at the Union HQ, a large crowd around him, and he is speaking into a microphone.

"People of Vault 191, I'm here today to apologize. I'm here to apologize for helping a madman get elected to office, I'm here to apologize for turning the vault into what it is today. You see, I thought Scott would help the people, as he is a member of the Vault 'First' Party. From what I have seen, he is not fit to lead this vault. Louis Scott is a power-hungry sociopath. He established a tyrannical regime, bent on destroying democracy! Do you, the people, not agree?" A loud 'NO' resonates throughout the room. "So, what I'm trying to say is, people of Vault 191, I will do everything within my power to end this regime, and to take us, the people of Vault 191, to greater heights than we have ever soared before! And to Louis Scott, I resign." The crowd cheers, and Steve steps down from the podium.

Congressman! Soldiers! What is happening? What are you doing?

Vault 191 is a democracy! Power comes from the people! From votes; not bullets!

The Overseer, the Head of Security, all members of the Armed Forces, and even this Congress are subject to the People, not madmen!

I ask that all members of the Army stop this madness now, and return to your barracks. It is not too late to stop. Even if you continue with this coup, it will fail. There are 50 of you, and 1,450 citizens of the vault. You are simply outnumbered.

Stop this coup d'état; if not for yourself, then your children. How many of your children do you think will survive this, even if you are successful?

That is why I propose this Constitution to solve our current crisis. It blends both the proposed Roman model, and retains key parts of our existing government structure.

Constitution
Created by Michael Alexander on behalf of the People of Vault 191.

Article I

All citizens of Vault 191 shall have the right to free speech and press, peacefully protest the government, receive notice of their charge upon arrest, and receive a fair and free trial.

Article II

Section A
The executive branch of Vault 191 will be headed by two Overseers, each who shall have equal power. In addition, the executive branch shall contain a cabinet of key government officials including the Head of Security, Head Technician, Head Technician, Head Doctor, and Head Educator.

Section B
The Cabinet of the Office of the Overseers may be appointed and fired freely so long as both Overseers agree, with the exception of the Head of Security. The Head of Security must be appointed by both Overseers and approved by a two-thirds majority of the Congress of Vault 191.

Section C
The position of Overseer shall consist of a five-year term elected by a simple majority of the Congress of Vault 191.

Article III

Section A
The Congress of Vault 191 shall compose of the legislative branch. It shall be a body of ten members for each level composing the vault.

Section B
All laws considered or passed by the Congress of Vault 191 shall require only a simple majority with the exception of constitutional amendments, cabinet approval or removal from office, which shall require a two-thirds majority.

Section C
A Congressman shall hold a five-year term, elected by the citizens of Vault 191.

Section D
Either Overseer may issue a veto of legislation, except in the event such legislation is a constitutional amendment, vote for impeachment, or vote for removal from office.

Article IV

Section A
The Cabinet of the Office of the Overseers, Office of the Overseers, or any member of the Congress of Vault 191 may be impeached and then removed from office.

Section B
Such individual may be impeached if there is strong suspicion that said individual has committed a crime. The Congress of Vault 191 shall commence a simple majority vote to determine if there is strong enough suspicion for said individual to be impeached. Upon successful impeachment, the Congress of Vault 191 must then appoint an official to investigate such claims of illegality and bring charges against the impeached official.

Section C
An impeached official shall have all power temporarily stripped until they are either found guilty or innocent of the charges brought upon them.

Section D
Upon being informed of the charges against him, the impeached official shall be allowed a defense and a trial will commence with the assembly of the Congress of Vault 191 present. At the conclusion of said trial, the Congress of Vault 191 must determine if the impeached official is guilty of the levied charges. A two-thirds majority is required to remove the impeached official from office.

Article V

This Constitution shall be considered the highest law of the land. Any law that conflicts with this Constitution is considered null and void.

Article VI

All legislation passed by the Congress of Vault 191 prior to this Constitution being adopted shall be considered valid.

Article VII

This Constitution may be amended in the future, requiring a two-thirds majority vote from the Congress of Vault 191.

Signed
[x] Congressman Michael Alexander
[x] Congressman Ross Armstrong, of the People of Vault 191

Last edited:
I will sign this new Constitution, for us all. We, the people, are the most important resource this Vault contains.

~ Congressman Ross Armstrong, of the People of Vault 191

Name: Jenna Rockefeller
Political Party: Independent (Anti-coup)
Profession: Congresswomen
Bio: The daughter of now deceased Overseer James Rockefeller, Jenna was raised from birth to be a politician. A member of the Rockefeller dynasty, which has had several overseers, and numerous cabinet members, Jenna's life was planned for her. She has generally followed this plan, albeit sometimes with her own flair. Being on Congress for only a short time, winning her seat in a special election, she supported her father. With the end of his governing coalition upon his death, Jenna has yet to set her own path. She was absent from the Congressional session that elected the latest Overseer, as she was grieving for her father, she has emerged in opposition to the coup. Democracy has always served the Rockefellers, and they will always serve democracy.

Congresswomen Rockefeller entered the second floor radio room, joining Doctor Arden, where she picked up the microphone and began her speech,

"Men and Women of Vault 191, I am Congresswomen Jenna Rockefeller. As many of you know, I am the daughter of our recently departed Overseer, James Rockefeller. He was a man who always stood to the principles of democracy this great Vault was founded on. He never attempted to usurp power like Overseer Scott has. Overseer Scott has undermined all the ideals, and traditions of this Vault, solely to satisfy his personal greed for power. I appeal to all who remember, and supported, my father. We can not let this happen! We must stop this madman! We must preserve the people of this Vault! Let us end this violence, and restore the peace and harmony to our great Vault."

Jenna stepped back from the radio, turning to the Doctor, she mutters, "really not my best speech".

The Coup Part II January 26th, 2295

The fighting died down a little bit just a little before midnight as both sides prepared to tune into a special broadcast being made from the Overseer's office. Louis made a speech about unity about coming together as a vault and at first it seemed to work however he began to loose many people when he talked about his new form of government. He used strange words for strange positions and few people even knew what he was talking about. Some began to think the man had lost it. The men then waited for a second broadcast this time from one of the most respected people in the vault Doctor M. Arden. His speech did not disappoint the man delivered giving a fiery and impassioned talk about the virtues of liberty, freedom and, democracy ultimately leading him to deride the Overseer and to call for his overthrow. These speeches lead to a new wave of supporters from both sides breaking out onto the streets however ultimately the balance was in the Doctor's favor.

Meanwhile down on level three the long stranded second squad gave in. Michael White ordered his men to surrender the pair that was responsible for the shootings were marched off to Union headquarters to await a trial while the rest defected offering up their weapons and equipment and helping the rebels create Molotov's and sling shots. Now with the third level completely under rebel control the decision was made by Don and Sam too head upstairs with as many men as possible. They would bring an end to this overseer one way or another. As the rebels prepared for their final push another voice could be heard.

Michael Alexander who many blamed for the so called revolution spoke now...the most moderate of moderates or so he appeared he critiqued the government but at the same time called for an end to the fighting. Then he presented the most impressive piece of legislation to date. Or what many called the Alexander Constitution he presented a solution to the current crisis and many on both sides respected him for it however the union brought by his actions was to be shortlived.

Near the armory the most hardline of the overseer's supporters were gearing up Samuel L. Jackson was in a rage. He ordered the armory opened up and ordered a militia to be armed. An auxiliary force of one hundred militia was created to supplement the remaining troopers. In the overseers office they had managed at last to hack back into the mainframe allowing them to restore power to normal and to end the emergency fire protocol allowing at least two hundred more pro-coup protesters into the second floor. And finally they were able to get the vents open and with the Jackson's permission they vented tear gas into level three.

The effects of this were immediate the entire population of the third level was pushed up into the second level and the hallways were packed. Seeing so many people arrayed against them several officers defected or deserted deciding to head back home to the first floor now that it was an option. However despite all this conflict finally resumed again when the order was given to the pro coup forces to end the unrest no matter what the cost. Permission was once again given to use firearms if necessary and the conflict was touched off again when a technician discharged his weapon in the direction of the armory. The commander in the area a man only known as Khan ordered his troops to return fire charging down the hallway chasing after the rebel. And so all across the line fighting broke out at first those with the guns had the advantage however they were using pistols and had to reload and soon the mass of rebels pressed upon them engaging in hand to hand combat.

Knives were the favorite melee weapons for the rebel fighters while the pro-coup supporters mainly used batons. At first the battle was even however as more and more rebels joined the fray the Overseer's men were pushed back towards the Congressional Chambers and towards the first floor. Realizing the battle was near forfeit he began to make plans pressing a button under his desk he opened up a passage to the outside. Meanwhile outside it seemed the lines had finally grown steady until a Molotov exploded in Draguntin's face blinding the man. As his sector collapsed so did the rest of the line as hundreds of men scrambled to get out of the vault.

Almost five hundred of the Overseer's followers made it out into that restaurant however some one needed to hold the line back in the Congressional Chambers to ensure the rest could escape. Danijela was given this task. With thirty men she held the line for 2 hours buying her leader precious time when the rebels finally pounded down the door she came out surrendering herself and her followers to the mercy of the opposition.

All told two hundred and thirty eight people on either side died among them Sam Kelly, Ross Armstrong, Michael White and, Dragutin Brankovich. The coup and the counter revolution would long be remembered in the history of the vault. Now it was left for those still down there to decide upon the future of the vault. How would they mend the wounds many of them help create and how would they deal with the now nearly empty first floor? Would they pursue the overseer or let him be?

[238 people dead, a party of 400 with 150 10 MM pistols is outside the vault they have 21 days worth of food and water and lack winter clothing, the people in the update are dead Nod is a prisoner, inside the vault there are almost 100 wounded there is near anarchy as no one has yet to restore order and there is some looting political stuff needs to happen, first floor is empty, armory has 50 weapons left and at least 120 people are running around the vault with guns something must be done...]

The Surface
Hearing people coming up the tunnel Shatner had to make a decision. Leading his party north he decided to start searching for some one friendly to take him in. His party headed north crossing a small river until they came upon a little village named Great Hill. Here they stopped talking to the leader of the village he offered them shelter from the cold in return for one of the pip-boys they wore on their wrists. He asked the party many questions like where they came from and what they were doing these were questions the party had no good answer to.

[Must choose to pay the guy or not also choose how to respond]​

Last edited:
Congressman Armstrong died an ignoble death, n the crush of bloody bodies at the bottleneck of a door that he never wished open. His dreams were swept away by darkness and death, and his last memories were of the death of his neighbors and brothers. As he faded, he could see his former friend and Colleague, Danijela Novak, holding out protecting a brutal, greedy man who seized power for himself.

HGis last thoughts were not for a new Republic, or in regret of what he lost, or hope of the strength of the people, who would overcome. It was not for his family, or his friends. The last thought of ex-Congressman Ross Armstrong, as he lost his last fight, was why?

Why was violence necessary? Why did a reasonable society devolve to... this? Why couldn't man protect his own interests from himself?

Mister Armstrong died confused, a horrible death by Vault standards, trampled by allies and enemies alike, multiple bludgeons and stab wounds layering his body. When they found him, the cause of death was impossible to determine. The family could not look upon his maimed face.

All that was left was a broken body.

Name: Nathan Armstrong
Political Party: Moderate (But believes that the government needs to step up in the crisis)
Profession: Deputy Organizer; Storerooms

Bio: His brother, the Congressman Ross Armstrong, fought in the short lived Civil War, before the pro-Coup forces were forced to the surface, and Ross died in the attempt ((see above)). Nathan believes that such a huge chunk of Vault Citizens should not be (quite literally) thrown out to the cold, so while he seeks retribution against the ring-leaders, he does not want to persecute the others who left. He wants a united Vault that can cautiously expand onto the surface, and take advantage of any additional resources to be found there. Foremost on his mind is the re-establishment of a stable, representative government.

Though I lack experience outside of organizing this Vault's storerooms, I'd like to offer my humble abilities to reorganize the first level and get some sort of hospital set up.

~ Nathan Armstrong, Deputy Organizer; Storerooms

((I would like to say great job to Max Nod King Bia and Lonely and, Michael all of you guys did a great job with this thing and made the game very exciting for me to write...I hope there are no hard feeling from the loosing side you guys fought valiantly and think of it this way there's a whole new world to explore. To those who died sorry but it's a civil war and people die I hope you all return. My best wishes.

-Bab))

Edward Mycroft, who had rejoined his revolutionary comrades during the fighting emerged from the crowd and stepped up to speak at the podium in the Congressional Chamber.

Fellow residents of Vault 191,

We have won a great victory today over the forces of oppression. We have driven the powermonger Louis Franklin Scott from our Vault. We have defeated the last diehard loyalists. Sic semper tyrannis -- thus always to tyrants! However, we must guard ourselves against the forces of autocracy and we must protect our freedom. To this end, I propose that a Provisional Government be set up to draft a new Constitution for Vault 191. This Government would be led by myself and the other party leaders. After drafting a new Constitution, elections for Congress would once again be held. Let us continue on the path to democracy!

~ Edward Mycroft, Leader of the Centre Party

Order: Sadly, it seems that all of the people in the Vault have disappeared to go fight with other people. It'd be a shame if the Mafia were to, *ahem*, procure the leftover supplies from all the people who left and were, to say, stockpile all the goods and start controlling the entire economy of the Vault. But the Mafia doesn't deal in selflessness. And so the everything not nailed down, well unless we were to try hard enough, was added to the Mafia's own stockpile as well as all of the weapons from the corpses. It's a shame that good men died, but the Mafia holds top priority.

Perhaps the winners of this little power struggle would be amenable to a marketplace on the first floor. After, the Mafia knows best in these matters.

I for one wil not abide by more criminals in this vault. We will drive them out, for they aren't half the threat of our erstwhile neighbors, who chose a similar course. We will imprison these Mafia scum. Who's with me?

~ Nathan Ross

((NOTE: I did not see the Mafia post, this post may change))

A speech given to a crowd on the second level:

“Citizens we have won a great victory against oppression. Many have died … at least two hundred soles perhaps three, and many more injured.

The most pressing needs for the next few days are to count and identify all our dead, and ensure that the living get food, water, and medical supplies. In addition, engineering and maintenance teams need inspect the vault for damage.

That is why I nominate Doctor Kurt M. Arden, former Head Doctor, to lead these efforts. Then on February 1st, Congress can reconvene and Doctor Arden can give Congress a report. Once Congress is fully aware of the current status of the vault, Congress can begin righting the many wrongs unleashed by Overseer Scott.

Some of you in this crowd are Congressmen, others are their aids, either way please pass this message around quickly as possible. The vault needs someone experienced to direct these efforts.”

~Michael Alexander, of the United Homesteaders

Name: John Foucalt
Political Party: None (currently)
Profession: Engineer
Bio: Merely a lowly engineer, John had been content with his life in the Vault, never concerning himself with matters of politics, since it didn't much matter who was in charge, things stayed the same. However, this view changed drastically with the coup by Louis Franklin Scott. John and many of his coworkers resisted his tyranny, since they believed in the long standing American institution of democracy. But his friends and coworkers were slaughtered mercilessly, and used in barbaric human waves by the cowardly 'resisstance' who sent the lowly work to die in their stead. And now with so much blood shed, they had the gall to declare it a victory, and tell the people, that once again a few would hold power over the many? And the traitor Edward Mycroft would be among them? John could no longer sit back and let the lives of his people be used as numbers by those who thought themselves above hardship.

"People of Vault 191, we have been used! A tyrant tried to seize power, from a government we had no say in. And the 'resistance' to that government once again tries to strip us of power! We have fought, we have bleed, we have died, but do we get a say? No! The new government will be made of the leaders of the political parties, including Edward Mycroft, who assisted the tyrant! What say do we have? We can elect congressmen? Like those who gave power to the tyrant? Why must we give power up to a few? Why must we submit? I reject this. This is not democracy, this is merely an elected dictatorship.

We have been used as pawns, tools for their political power. How many regular people, plain works died? Hundreds. How many congressmen died? A mere one. We have bleed and died merely to restore a different dictatorship over us. We don't need congressmen, we don't need an Overseer. They will only lead to tyranny. We need only the will of the people. Then we can be sure this horror is never repeated.

Too many have died for us to give up and simply accept the lesser evil. We must rise and secure true equality and power, no more subservience. Never again shall us humble workers be the attack dogs of those in power. Never again shall we die by the hundreds for one man's mad ambitions. These men have power because we let them. And they have proven themselves incapable of protecting the people. Let us do things our way now!"

After the coup, it became apparent that the death and destruction was shocking to all. However even as the fallout of the deaths swept through the Vault, more (badly made) posters can be seen in the 2nd floor.

With all the deaths, we need something to take our minds off it.

Something like a raed raid radio station

Like, allow me to have a radio man.

Chill_radio_logo.png

Chill Radio, for the chill dude.

Seeya Ombre,

Hatcher​