• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dukasaur

Corporal
5 Badges
Sep 6, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
How long does it take for the foreign conqueror modifier to go away?

I assumed that when the king died it would die with him, but his heir is hated just as much...:(

(Vanilla CK2, if it makes a difference. Poland conquering Kievan Rus.)

maybe you're thinking of 'opinion of previous ruler' which has an end date

maybe you're thinking of 'opinion of previous ruler' which has an end date
No, I'm talking about the "Foreign conqueror" modifier of -20 to loyalty.

Not sure if I can figure out how to post a screenshot, but I'll try:
3D6D2C1674B92F730F18C5DBC6A6C7C87A472E10

That's pretty low-res, not sure if you can make it out. The loyalty modifiers are:
State Diplomacy +10
Foreign Conqueror -20
Improved Relations +40
Sent Gift +44,
etc, etc.

I can understand the vassals being pissed off at a conqueror, but I didn't conquer them -- my father did. I assumed the modifier would go away after he died, but it's there for the next king, also. It doesn't show an end date. I can't imagine it lasting forever. If it doesn't have an end date, and it didn't end with the conqueror's death, then when does it end?

Yeah it seems to last forever, based on if the "conquest culture" flag for the title matches your current culture or not.

The "conquest culture" flag is also what allows culture conversion of provinces to happen (why baghdad can turn french in 1 year as long a a french ruler conquered it)

Really sucks for those who turned ck2 culture conversion to restricted and don't want to play as a genocide simulator though