• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(460913)

Private
2 Badges
Mar 3, 2012
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
So i am at that infamous mission .. Is trigerring events random ? I played several times, first i got dragons + minotaurs at day 12 .. no chance .. next game i got it 19 i think its doable than but looks like my tactc wasnt good for this map so had to restart over . Another try .. . day 8 dragon + minotaurs. Really?? At day 8 heroes have troubles with skeletons. I wanna see devs beating dragon + ancent minotaurs at day 8 ....

This is due to a bug that triggers events much sooner after reloading a game, see here. The only solution is to replay the mission each time from scratch, which of course is very frustrating. It seems many known bugs with saved games are not being fixed and bug reports/support questions are not even being answered. Very disappointing and unsatisfying.

The Majesty 2 Collection was released as a package in April 2011. Has there ever been any support? According to the lack of response on these forums the answer is NO. :mad:
The devs used to be around and gave advice sometimes, but there wasn't any real support regarding core problems like installation hell or the save game crashes. One major problem with M2 is that the performance seems to depend heavily on your PC (on the hard- and software you have, not on how good that hard- and software actually is).

It's probably not the devs who are to blame, because they will have been assigned to new projects (although they should have tested their software much better). It's the project management who decides to not put any more money into it, despite of 400 reported issues and 2000+ posts in the tech support forums. That's no way of dealing with your paying customers, because for every post there will be 10 more players who didn't take the effort of creating a forum account and registering their game.

The Majesty games are still being sold a lot, especially now the mobile series draw more attention to it and this should be an incentive to make sure everyone gets good value for their money, which certainly isn't the case at the moment. To me it shows that Paradox is only after making as much money as possible without supplying decent service to its customers. I am sure this will affect them in the long run.

The fact that they hide the tech support forums from everyone who didn't already buy the game is a clear indication that Paradox deliberately lures potential customers into buying a crippled game.

UpperKEES said:
The fact that they hide the tech support forums from everyone who didn't already buy the game is a clear indication that Paradox deliberately lures potential customers into buying a crippled game.

No it's not. I believe it's to prevent people who pirate the game from getting free tech support.

I highly doubt any potential customer will buy the game "blind" without doing any research on it, and they can easily see reviews and feedback on the public forums without having to go into tech support.

This is due to a bug that triggers events much sooner after reloading a game, see here. The only solution is to replay the mission each time from scratch, which of course is very frustrating. It seems many known bugs with saved games are not being fixed and bug reports/support questions are not even being answered. Very disappointing and unsatisfying.

Quite an old post ;p Yes i did restart this mission a lot if times but i manage to win it at some point

1. Perhaps now there isn't. In the beginning there was.
2. I'm only on one other Paradox forums and that's for Warlock: Master of the Arcane and you have to register there also to gain access to the support forums.