• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This thread about feedback and response is as pertinent today as it was when Craig first created it. I think you'll agree that it makes for a fascinating read. It's too bad the AAR Review initiative didn't last...

My method of replying to AARs (since im yet to write my own....)

I usually follow 3 or 4 (sometimes more), mostly Victoria ones but now some HoI ones...

I post what I can, which isn't always a lot.

If I see someone that responds to a lot of peoples work, I post in theirs (its only fair) and I imaigne when I write my own ill take hte effort to read all the people who reply to me AARs.

But I dont read a new AAR for a few posts usually (there are some exceptions if its a "slow" day and I see one pop up), I think for aorund 3 updates is when I read a lot (or a lot of years if its a long time period per update) because I do feel cheated when after I spend a significant time reading something and the AAR dies, I could read AARs that last instead.

I also tend to follow the more "known" writers more, Prufock, PE, Judas ect.. just because I know what I read will be quality and I dont expect them to just quit in the middle...

Also I do shy away from peopls AARs who I know have quit before untill I notice they finish their AARS, just cant waste the time.