• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well deserved, congratulations Vann The Red :)

Congratulations, Vann the Red! :)

Very well deserved Vann, and thanks for all your comments and your support!

Wow. I really didn't expect this as it seems most winners are authAARs in their own right. The true credit is to you folks for writing so well, I can't seem to tear myself away!

Thank you very much,

Vann

Way to go Vann. :cool:

Joe

A very worthy award, Vann! Well done.

:)

Mega-congrats, Vann! Much deserved!

Vann, the "rules" and "suggestions" around here are such:

1) We ask that our FoW's tell us a little about themselves.

2) If you so desire, tell us what some of your favorite AARs are -- your personal recommendations, or where you hang out most.

3) At the end of a week (Sunday night or Monday morning), pick the next Fan of the Week -- someone who you feel helps lift the spirits of the writers and contributes to the life of the AAR forums. Generally, we try to avoid folks who have received the award recently (I keep a running list in the first post of this thread).

Lead on! We'd love to hear more about you!

Rensslaer

Oh, erm, uh... *shuffles notecards* Didn't realize that was part of it.

Well, I'm fairly new to Paradox games. Got HoI2 late last year and stumbled across this forum while trying to figure out how to play it better. Immediately fell in love with these AARs and some of the tremendous writers who produce them. Can't say it has necessarily made me a better player as I'd hoped, but it has been a lot of fun. I also want to express my irritation with the excellent Vicky and EU writers who are doing their level best to make me add games to my rotation. I don't have time to play the lonely two games I'm currently able to schedule!

As for my reading habits, you folks should know well as I read AARs by most everyone who has posted here. I start with the HoI AARs since WW2 has been a passion of mine lo these many years, but I've followed authAARs I appreciate into other realms and found many more through their recommendations and through sig lines. I'd leave out to many talented writers if I tried to list my favorites, but I do want to give a shout to Rex Angliae's Arthur's Tale in the CK forum, which is one of the most underappreciated AARs I've seen. Beautifully written.

Well, that's about it while I think on who deserves this award next. Thank you again for FotW and remember that the true credit goes to those who create these tales.

Vann

Vann the Red said:
I also want to express my irritation with the excellent Vicky and EU writers who are doing their level best to make me add games to my rotation. I don't have time to play the lonely two games I'm currently able to schedule! Vann
((chants)) Vann for Vicky! Vicky for Vann! Vann for Vicky! Vicky for Vann! :D

Any plans for an AAR?

Renss

It's Monday morning, so it must be time to pass this honor along. I've been paying particular attention to other posters this week in order to find the proper recipient. My first instinct was to give it to GhostWriter, but I think he's had this award a few times in the past. I then realized that there was one person who really stood out as a fan in the past few weeks. His name is rich-love.

Many of us have enjoyed Kanitatlan's remarkable Edge of Darkness AAR. Once his Soviet hordes of infantry had conquered all of Europe and most of Africa and Asia, rich-love took up the proffered gauntlet and started an AAR trying to save the world for democracy from the US perspective using a 1944 saved game in his own A Harvest of Sorrow AAR.

Three cheers for your new FotW, rich-love!

Vann

Wow. I'm glad Vann mentioned this in my AAR - I had never heard of the Fan of the Week! Thank you, Vann - it's quite the honor.
Now, following the rules:

1) About myself: I'm a new dad, working at a bank, playing HoI2 in the wee wee hours of the early morning before I go to work. Occasionally I play w/ my baby son sleeping on my chest, and I'm thinking about petitioning Paradox to make it easier to play their games w/ one hand....I've been playing Paradox games since about 2002; I can't recall how I found this forum, but I remember that it was an EU1 AAR by Ariel that made me finally purchase EU2. The rest, as they say, is history. Loved EU2, didn't quite like HoI1, wanted to love Vicky and CK, loving HoI2.

2) AARs- well, obviously I'm a big fan of Kanitatlan's AAR. I loved "Advantages w/o Obligations", and ws2_32 (?)'s various EU2 AARs - I love the analytical stuff.

3) I've got my ideas....

Thanks again! It's an honor!

Congratulations rich-love :)