Excuse me Paradox, do you have time to talk about your lord and savior - the globe?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
again,
i'm not talking only of american wastes...
there may be some mistakes in the placement of some artic, desert and tropic modifiers... i don't know...

What i know is that your map of Latitudes show nothing about Climate nor about temperatures...

i'm talking of climate in general... Latitides is not the only factor of climate... Being at the same latitude is not equal to have the same climate... that's a fact...

yes, i know. thanks for the help.

i was trying to figure out why they made so much wrong because they aren't stupid. sure, okay, ocean to the west like in england or whatever it's not going to be as cold as like, toronto or something. no shit. but that doesn't mean that half of north america is barren tundra as the map indicates. however, they moved all of the america up by like 30 degrees latitude northward or something. and yeah, latitude isn't the only thing, but if it was 30 degrees northward, it would probably do something close to what they did. meaning the reason why it is the way it is is because they drew an incorrect map, and my complaint is that if the map needs to be incorrect for space reasons, they should make the provinces still reflect what they would be in real life. and this includes upping travel time to brazil from africa

yes, i know. thanks for the help.

i was trying to figure out why they made so much wrong because they aren't stupid. sure, okay, ocean to the west like in england or whatever it's not going to be as cold as like, toronto or something. no shit. but that doesn't mean that half of north america is barren tundra as the map indicates. however, they moved all of the america up by like 30 degrees latitude northward or something. and yeah, latitude isn't the only thing, but if it was 30 degrees northward, it would probably do something close to what they did. meaning the reason why it is the way it is is because they drew an incorrect map, and my complaint is that if the map needs to be incorrect for space reasons, they should make the provinces still reflect what they would be in real life. and this includes upping travel time to brazil from africa

the map has incorrect positioning so that brazil is closer to portugal... and portugal go there before the carribean (where it would go if the map was right)... that's a gameplay thing, i think...

If we are lobbying for different shapes then I vote for a Cube.
You know it must be the most efficient shape since the Borg use it.
And just think you could have 6 different alt-history empires going on at once.

Minecraft did!

So I'm going to necro this thread for a good reason.

Go and look at how Google maps now. They recently switched to a globe. It works perfectly fine, and it's more accurate than a 2d map.

PLEASE, Paradox, in your next engine upgrade, switch to a globe. Even if you don't let players zoom all the way out, so they never realize it's a globe. But the projection is accurate and you don't get these horribly warped maps like we have now. The Imperator map looks awful.

*insert video of Michael Scott yelling “GOD PLEASE NO” here*

Sadly on a mobile :p

Beautifully enough, that’s now a mod and it plays when you get declared war on lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.