• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well it is only POSSIBLE not mean you allways get it. I think good way is to dow them, destroy them, take capital, make their WE grow high, and by that things decrease their legitimacy low. Aspecialy if they will loose the war they can loose their legitimacy. Also, everytime they got no heir you MUST claim their throne and DOW them, with claim to throne CB. Problem may be that you may gain their provinces during process. but you can just give them back by allowing patriots to spawn and take them over, or selling them. Whatever i think Timurids are in better position if we take PU on other hordes into account, as they own provinces that are non altaic, and rest of hordes does not, which mean automaticaly that they gain cores on all other hordes territory, while other hordes do not get cores over all timurids territory.
I am not sure if PUs make that much difference, though I admit, without inheritance you have to be careful with budget (getting tribute from the more annoying neighbours helps though)

I doubt I'll play another horde game of EU3 ever again. In fact, I think most of my games are going to be much more peaceful from now on.
Out of curiosity - how did you manage to finish it so quickly? (in real time, I mean) It looked like you've done it within 3 days. Do you have some micro-management reduction techniques? I found automatic rebel hunting rather useless since the troops always seem to go after wrong rebel band. Or you just over-controlled everything (it looked like you could from your budget)?

The current fastest WC according to the hall of fame topic was done as France back in IN before infamy really meant anything. I'd like to know the current fastest DW world conquest.

As a horde I pretty much never take tribute. It just means trouble down the line when a country you want to devour is paying you and you must declare war without a CB. This is always a pain in my Golden Horde games when Novgorod pays you 1 ducat per month from game start.

As for time, it's amazing how subconsciously you end up dealing with rebels when you end up with tens of thousands of them a month. Well as far as "tricks" go, I just kept troops on almost every Indian and Southern Chinese provinces which generally took care of revolts there while dealing with Euro and kongobongo rebels on a more case by case basis. I likely could have made it with maybe 20% fewer troops and saved a little on the minting, but I didn't want to. I always wanted more troops. I had 15 Chinese armouries pumping out troops and when I had Europe I churned out their better units as much as I could although I'm sceptical about how much better they are; the real killer are the shock and fire modifies, not the unit pips themselves.

The only nations to get guns in time were Navara, Lorraine, Denmark and Britain. It didn't make much of a difference for any of them. Invading England took longer than I had hoped because I couldn't sail ships around Africa. I had to wait until 1543 before I got any coastal cores in the med. When I had finished my massive fleet and sailed to England I found the royal navy was a massive 4 carracks, 4 galleys and 2 cogs.

The only nations to get guns in time were Navara, Lorraine, Denmark and Britain. It didn't make much of a difference for any of them. Invading England took longer than I had hoped because I couldn't sail ships around Africa. I had to wait until 1543 before I got any coastal cores in the med. When I had finished my massive fleet and sailed to England I found the royal navy was a massive 4 carracks, 4 galleys and 2 cogs.

You could have checked the ledger, you know :p

Oh wow, this was just amazing. Has to be the most impressive thing I've ever seen done in this game.

Although I must say that I still don't understand how you could succesfully win the succession war against Ming. And you got pretty damn lucky with those inheritances!

Still, impressive beyond comprehension.

Please disband all of your armies and let a new world be born out of your empire's ashes, that would be so epic.

Chuck norris made WC with pagan tribal new world technology livonian order in wrong cultured orthodox albania as capital in 1399 october 14th.

Too extreme to be funny, but I still laughed. Im deeply disturbed :)

Out of curiosity - how did you manage to finish it so quickly? (in real time, I mean) It looked like you've done it within 3 days. Do you have some micro-management reduction techniques? I found automatic rebel hunting rather useless since the troops always seem to go after wrong rebel band. Or you just over-controlled everything (it looked like you could from your budget)?

It takes me about 4 months to complete a game. I'm pretty interested in this, as well.